1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Soosoo sees the whole picture. If the HT figure won't sell that well, what incentive is it for them to even produce their "accessory pack"? Would it even be feasible for them to attempt it if they will only move a few units?

As for Justin's voice, he can probably do a side gig reminding people about their car's extended warranty.
True that, I don't think HT gonna sell lot of these, so releasing only accessories and sculpt won't bring any profit to Soo Soo bc most of us won't have HT one. If they are scared of legal stuff, my best advice would be to release entire set without a body,make outfit for some specific body we can purchase on market. There are phicen bodies which gonna work better than HT

After giving it some consideration, I am going o pass on it. I hate the expressive sculpt. I can look passed the arms but the sculpt kills it.

I am not against buying a third party sculpt but they would have to put it up for pre-order now for me to order this. Dont think we should have to do that though.

He's shilling for Toyswonderland, not like he can crap all over a product they're gonna carry, otherwise it'll stunt sales.

Plus, it's not like he pays for these things. They're given to him for free, so of course he doesn't have an issue paying out the ass for improvements.
I have no idea why ppl praise Toyswonderland when their shipping cost basically same as the product does, when there are OSK , Giantoy and others with free shipping...

I like Justin but found his defense of this figure strange. "find me a better 1/6 scale Peacemaker". Well yes but only HT have the license 🙄

Was interesting he confirmed that the third party company working on their Peacemaker, presumably SST, had a completely new custom body for Cena. Sad that now we'll never see it. For once it would have been better had HT not bothered.

I'd have been willing to buy the figure and get a third party sculpt but I just can't see past those horribly innacurate arms.

I like Justin for the most part as a personality, but he comes across as a salesman way too often.

His reviews are so formatted/scripted to say the same thing or variations on the same thing that it gets kind of old. When you’ve seen one review by him you’ve kind of seen them all other than the figures being presented.

I enjoy his livestreams more than his actual reviews.

I like Justin for the most part as a personality, but he comes across as a salesman way too often.

His reviews are so formatted/scripted to say the same thing or variations on the same thing that it gets kind of old. When you’ve seen one review by him you’ve kind of seen them all other than the figures being presented.

I enjoy his livestreams more than his actual reviews.
That’s why they’re not reviews. They’re more like promotions. And honestly they’ve been like that for years.

Definitely one of Hot Toys worst efforts, so much so that I thought it was a from a third party the first time I saw the pictures.

It was obviously a prototype they made for Suicide Squad and now repurposed for the show license, the worst part is the sculpt, they didn't bother getting the rights for Cena's likeness for an unhelmeted sculpt but there should've different mouth/head plates to have screaming and neutral options, the outfit looks very bland on the undersized body, they could've at least added some weathering to the boots, Eagly is a nice addition and jury's still out on wether the gun will be removable or not but overall it's just not as good what it should've been from Hot Toys.

I know it sounds too harsh but everyone knows Hot Toys can do MUCH better than this, I admire and respect their talent and work but they should really stop trying to make sculpts with these sort of expressions when they don't need them, and they should drop DC licenses they obviously don't care about, it would be more beneficial for everyone involved if someone else could take a stab at making DC figures, they're too far behind on their Marvel/Disney/Star Wars stuff and if they don't want to put in the effort for DC just drop it altogether.

I was hoping to have a Peacemaker with my pre-ordered King Shark. I guess I'll just wait for a TSS Harley.

I'm sure if not SST someone else gonna end up with one, these third party companies have done many characters already existing as Hot Toys figures, in a worst case if someone makes a nice sculpt I'll put it on a phicen body and throw white underwear and bugle on it. lol

For example Hot Toys has announced Snyder Cut Black Superman last year and third party version with an amazing diorama stand was released after. What happened? Nothing. Soo Soo needs to sell body and outfit/sculpt separately lol

Agreed but as he says himself, he knows you're there to see the figure with your own eyes and that's what he's providing - and you can put him on mute for all he cares.

I honestly understand why his reviews have that same format. All he has to do is change the names of said figure, company, articulation, good and bad points etc. He does reviews pretty much every day so it just makes his life that much easier.

Yea I don't have a problem with Justin's reviews really. I mean, you sort of know what you're getting into. I just watch to get a good look at the figure. You know he's going to say it's the best thing ever and that it's worth getting so if that irks you then you should probably not watch. The only thing I'm getting tired of is "This is my personal copy...blah blah blah" when it comes to the articulation. He doesn't really give an honest review, but overall, he gives a good look at the figure. He's just not good with saying if something is bad or something to really watch out for as you know he's trying to sell the figure. Or he'll point something out and just follow up with "But that doesn't really bother me." Alot of these guys get something for free or some sort of commission for reviewing the figure, so there's going to be some sales tactics going on. That's how the good reviewers go. Or you can watch the reviews of an unsponsored person who talks slow, with a low res camera from 10 years ago, the figure propped up on their kitchen table and bad indoor yellow lighting :lol

I don't understand HT's thought process with this. The only head it comes with is one that would normally be a gimmicky alt sculpt that most people would never even take out of the box?

Hey look even Funko gave him the shield 🤣🤣🤣🤣
20220302_175935.jpg

Back