1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
63165.gif

Meow 😂😂😂

Give the guy a break. He's 60 next year and had to be lifted into ice baths back when he shot Matrix Reloaded, that was in 2001. We're lucky he was able to do one of these Wick movies, let alone 4.
This is exactly why I hope they stop making them. At least, with Keanu. I'd be fine with it if they want to explore the world more with Donnie Yen and Anna de Armas films. Yen might be 60 but he sure doesn't move like it, and certainly wouldn't compromise his character the way Keanu is going to start to soon. There's plenty they can still do in the world, but they need younger guys if they're going to keep up the stunt work the way they keep pushing it.

Everything after the first movie is a novelty to me. Not that they're bad at all, and I've certainly enjoyed them a ton, but I think the first film is a fantastic one-shot piece. It stands alone, whereas the other installments need the whole franchise.

JW1 was JUST zany enough to engage your suspension of disbelief. The sequels go into complete fantasy, which is fine, just not my preference based on what the first film established.

That being said, it's easily my favorite "small" franchise of recent times. But I do think it's time to close the book on the main narrative of the films.

I'd be happy with chapter 4 being the last but if they did a 5th with Reeves I'd like it to be more of a Lone wolf and cub / Logan film where he's slower at CQC but more proficient in his attacks and is mostly uses his pistol (or any gun or weapon) to get his kills in. That way the film can be his final and give another character a chance to shine.

Just PO’d Wick.
The possibility of Reeves being on the verge of aging out of his capability to convincingly carry on doing justice to the character just makes me want to have an iteration of Wick from before that time comes.

Plus it really does look great. No special edition for me sadly. Seeing the estimated release date of Q1 2025 does dampen the excitement but everything Keanu is evergreen. Whenever he shows up, I’ll be glad to see him.

Love Reeves, the movie and franchise as a whole but Reeves is getting old... He doesn't move as fast as he used to. The stunt actors have to wait for him to finish his moves before they can complete the sequence..
My father in law often says " Don't get old" I reply " I do not like the like the alternative"
Robert McCall moved well in Equalizer 3, maybe a 1.6 manufacturer needs to acquire the licence, a figure of McCall is long overdue.

Anyone know where this is still available that isnt Sideshow?
Wasnt able to pre-order a while back and now it doesnt seem to be on @Kit Chen

Back