1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still unsure wether to get this or not
I love the headsculpt (except for the open mouth) and the weapons set
Got HT and Custom one as of now.

View attachment 672423
View attachment 672432
The head sculpt and rolling eyeballs is too good to pass (imo, rolling eyeballs should just be a standard cos they add so much to the figure in terms of posing). Maybe you could try to just get that? But I got a feeling people will sell that separately for a ludicrous price.

The head sculpt and rolling eyeballs is too good to pass (imo, rolling eyeballs should just be a standard cos they add so much to the figure in terms of posing). Maybe you could try to just get that? But I got a feeling people will sell that separately for a ludicrous price.
Knowing myself i probably getting this and end up with Three John Wick figures despite the fact i hate owning two or three of the same characters.

Is the difference between the editions just the extra rifle? on OSK site its 70$ more just for that.

Is the difference between the editions just the extra rifle? on OSK site its 70$ more just for that.
As far as I know it just the rifle
IMG_5500.jpeg

I’m unsure as why OSK is pricing it like that.
IMG_5522.jpeg

As far as I know it just the rifle View attachment 672522

I’m unsure as why OSK is pricing it like that.
View attachment 672523
This is like one of those ‘tell me you’re American without telling me’ questions.

Anyways, I’m assuming it’s because the rifle is a Sideshow exclusive.
It costs a huge amount extra for people outside of the US to purchase from SSC.
High shipping plus customs, VAT, and shipping company charges basically make them a completely unreasonable option if you care at all about not needlessly overspending.

‘Exclusive’ to me has always meant ‘accessory you won’t have.’

This is like one of those ‘tell me you’re American without telling me’ questions.

Anyways, I’m assuming it’s because the rifle is a Sideshow exclusive.
It costs a huge amount extra for people outside of the US to purchase from SSC.
High shipping plus customs, VAT, and shipping company charges basically make them a completely unreasonable option if you care at all about not needlessly overspending.

‘Exclusive’ to me has always meant ‘accessory you won’t have.’
I know many seller that buys from Sideshow directly and resell the figures with exclusive items that doesn't charage extra.
I understand it business to gain profits from sells. (Not trying to trashed OSK as i always buy from him)

To me this seems like a massive upgrade over the first release. I’m not even a huge John Wick fan but I’m kind of tempted by this release.

No most are based in China
Hmm, who exactly- coz it would be very helpful to find a store that can get ahold of SSC products and Exclusives without breaking the bank?

KGHobby/Lion Rock Toys, OneSixthKit, ToysBuyingAgent, Toys Wonderland all charge varying mark-ups for Sideshow exclusives.
GiantToy, TNS and GunDamit don’t carry HT’s.
Who’s left?

I love that HT has finally sculpted some new, smaller scaled buttons with a thread type detail for clothing pieces like the vest and shirt on both this figure and the new Indy, rather than going for the glued on studs that eventually fall off or the oversized hand-sewn buttons they've used before

Screenshot 2023-11-04 172144.jpg

Last edited:
I love that HT has finally sculpted some new, smaller buttons with a thread type detail for things like the vest and shirt on both this an the new Indy rather than going for the glued on studs that eventually fall off or the oversized handsewn buttons they've used before

View attachment 672743
Agreed. Very excited to own both and all the new material choices are great also. InArt did us a Favor by pushing HT to put in more effort into their figures.

For the gun nuts here, the SE rifle is functionally the same AR platform as the one from JW2 but with a shorter barrel, suppressor, and short range scope right?

I just don't know if I can justify the SSC cost to go for it.

For the gun nuts here, the SE rifle is functionally the same AR platform as the one from JW2 but with a shorter barrel, suppressor, and short range scope right?

I just don't know if I can justify the SSC cost to go for it.

^ From John Wick 4 during the Osaka hotel fight. Spike's Tactical Compressor rifle. AR-15 base.

^ From John Wick 2. Taran Tactical Innovations TR-1 Ultralight rifle. AR-15 base.

( I guess the question becomes on what the exclusive rifle will cost on the secondary market. I.E. if you want the rifle, is it easier and cheaper to buy the regular set for a much better price and then attempt to get the rifle off Ebay, etc. HT John Wick 2 weapons fetch a very high price right now on Ebay, but that figure came out a while ago and it's been a long time since it's release. Also the weapons are unique. For overseas/non US hobbyists, the additional tax, customs, fees, shipping, etc, etc with SSC, I can see that being a bridge too far for them for a single rifle. Will another 1/6th dedicated military brand make a STC rifle? I'd say probably at some point. If it was me, I wouldn't do it for the 80-100 dollar cost bump, but that's just me.

On an aside, something I've said on the OSW and old Warrior Forum years ago is that it's very unfortunate that non US hobbyists don't have "buyer's clubs". I.E. hobbyists who live mostly in the same area overseas pool their money together, find a US based hobbyist who buys by the case for them, then depackages the sets, and ships them together. Then it's distributed out from a centralized destination overseas. That way things like exclusives are more accessible. Also case buying creates some practical leverage as a purchaser on the US side ( If you are spending 5 thousand a month on Hot Toys figures on the regular with a dealer, he's going to start to pay attention to you) Unfortunately bulk pricing isn't the way it used to be in the old days. That being said, the first leverage point is you'll likely get free shipping if you are buying 6-8 of the same set at a time regularly. Also dealers with "rewards points", that's another potential upside. But a situation like that requires a lot of trust. )

Last edited:
Yeah the 75-100 USD price bump is not worth it just for a rifle. I'll get the standard one.

I know many seller that buys from Sideshow directly and resell the figures with exclusive items that doesn't charage extra.
I understand it business to gain profits from sells. (Not trying to trashed OSK as i always buy from him)

s-l1200.jpg

LAPD-SWAT-3-Takeshi-Yamada-032.jpg

Cross over 1/6th military collectors might have a few more options. If only because they are more exposed to more weapons in the hobby. I was out of the hobby during Wick 2's release, so I ended up making a custom Wick ( couldn't find the whole boxed set for a price I'd be willing to pay, etc) and used a DID shotgun instead. I recognize it's not screen accurate, but I like the DID shotgun better, it was cheaper, easier to find, and was IMHO better made with better parts.

Don't get me wrong, in hindsight, I should have gotten that Wick 2 shotgun when I had the chance. But nothing I can do now about it, the secondary market prices are too expensive to consider at this point.

s-l1200 (2)a.jpg

s-l1200 (1).jpg

Same thing for the Kimber pistol from Wick 2. I felt the Soldier Story version was just miles better. ( But also, at the time, a little harder to find from an older set) But I also understand many collectors don't even venture into 1/6th military, so the weapons potential available is not within their general frame of hobby reference.

One of the reasons I started this thread topic here -

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...-speed-1-6th-military-product-archive.247492/
- was so that there was more reference material for customizers/kitbashers here on SSF to see the range of headsculpts, weapons, gear, etc, that is potentially available in military figures that they might not see normally.

Back