1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^ From John Wick 4 during the Osaka hotel fight. Spike's Tactical Compressor rifle. AR-15 base.

^ From John Wick 2. Taran Tactical Innovations TR-1 Ultralight rifle. AR-15 base.

( I guess the question becomes on what the exclusive rifle will cost on the secondary market. I.E. if you want the rifle, is it easier and cheaper to buy the regular set for a much better price and then attempt to get the rifle off Ebay, etc. HT John Wick 2 weapons fetch a very high price right now on Ebay, but that figure came out a while ago and it's been a long time since it's release. Also the weapons are unique. For overseas/non US hobbyists, the additional tax, customs, fees, shipping, etc, etc with SSC, I can see that being a bridge too far for them for a single rifle. Will another 1/6th dedicated military brand make a STC rifle? I'd say probably at some point. If it was me, I wouldn't do it for the 80-100 dollar cost bump, but that's just me.

On an aside, something I've said on the OSW and old Warrior Forum years ago is that it's very unfortunate that non US hobbyists don't have "buyer's clubs". I.E. hobbyists who live mostly in the same area overseas pool their money together, find a US based hobbyist who buys by the case for them, then depackages the sets, and ships them together. Then it's distributed out from a centralized destination overseas. That way things like exclusives are more accessible. Also case buying creates some practical leverage as a purchaser on the US side ( If you are spending 5 thousand a month on Hot Toys figures on the regular with a dealer, he's going to start to pay attention to you) Unfortunately bulk pricing isn't the way it used to be in the old days. That being said, the first leverage point is you'll likely get free shipping if you are buying 6-8 of the same set at a time regularly. Also dealers with "rewards points", that's another potential upside. But a situation like that requires a lot of trust. )

That JW2 ar-15 rifle is done to be single fire and full-auto? Ironically I made this rifle for a loadout for MW2. View attachment 20231105_134450.jpg

That JW2 ar-15 rifle is done to be single fire and full-auto? Ironically I made this rifle for a loadout for MW2. View attachment 672852

The Ultralight is only in the film for a couple of minutes. It's never shown, best as I can gauge here, running full auto nor 3 Round Burst. Would it have those options? Within the "in film universe", I can't see why not. ( The practical utility though, in most cases, is another animal altogether)

The only real life frame of reference is TTI themselves selling civilian versions, but those would naturally be devoid of Full Auto and 3 Round Burst.

JW2 Ultralight Rifle

For the purposes of filmmaking, adding some transitions to full auto adds more complexity to making the scene itself. (The Wick universe attempts to be mostly grounded in their gunfighting) I added in a scene above from the film The International to show how a complex gunfighting scene can kind of just go out of control. Clive Owen just apparently hit Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, and Start at some point. But these kind of things can get rough to put together in the editing room later.

That's a cool custom you made there, appreciate you sharing that.

The Ultralight is only in the film for a couple of minutes. It's never shown, best as I can gauge here, running full auto nor 3 Round Burst. Would it have those options? Within the "in film universe", I can't see why not. ( The practical utility though, in most cases, is another animal altogether)

The only real life frame of reference is TTI themselves selling civilian versions, but those would naturally be devoid of Full Auto and 3 Round Burst.

JW2 Ultralight Rifle

For the purposes of filmmaking, adding some transitions to full auto adds more complexity to making the scene itself. (The Wick universe attempts to be mostly grounded in their gunfighting) I added in a scene above from the film The International to show how a complex gunfighting scene can kind of just go out of control. Clive Owen just apparently hit Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, and Start at some point. But these kind of things can get rough to put together in the editing room later.

That's a cool custom you made there, appreciate you sharing that.

Yeah I imagine for the sake of filming and editing keeping the guns in a grounded world would make more sense. Some guns are portrayed to have magazine size of 30 or more it definitely is accurate and depends on those upgrades/mods but the standard mag having 30 doesn't mean most military trained individuals use it that way. I heard it's preferable to only have 28 in the mag as the full 30 rounds doesn't allow for quick or easy attachment to the rifle, as the spring inside becomes stressed from all the bullets so having 2 rounds removed helps with easier reloads. Thanks On the compliment I actually changed the stock just now because it wasn't accurate and got the right one on there.

Made a new AR-15 in MW2 using an M4. I think this looks more accurate although not as powerful as the actual Battle Rifle version I made before.

Attachments

• 20231106_175755.jpg
    20231106_175755.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Image from Set of JW4
I just realize again HT didn’t make a gunbelt for John Wick figure.
It lame enough that they didn’t do it for John Wick 2 figure but not to do it for the JW4 is ridiculous.
IMG_5542.jpeg

Last edited:
Image from Set of JW4
I just realize again HT didn’t make a gunbelt for John Wick figure.
It lame enough that they didn’t do it for John Wick 2 figure but not to do it for the JW4 is ridiculous.
Not just that but the belt on the figure has no buckle whatsoever. That's just lazy in the end of the day.

I hope someone makes that rifle 3rd party. It's bull that the rifle is exclusive, not enough guns for john as it is. HT should have given this figure way more guns.

He had a normal belt and with buckle on the JW2 version but no gun holster or mag storage. This one has no buckle at all just a leather strap.
Yeah after disecting scenes you're right about the Buckle and i thought he had no buckle belt on.
I'm just annoyed that they didn't include the holster and mag holder.
John Wick 4 Belt.JPG
John Wick 4 Belt 1.jpeg

Last edited:
( I guess the question becomes on what the exclusive rifle will cost on the secondary market. I.E. if you want the rifle, is it easier and cheaper to buy the regular set for a much better price and then attempt to get the rifle off Ebay, etc. HT John Wick 2 weapons fetch a very high price right now on Ebay, but that figure came out a while ago and it's been a long time since it's release. Also the weapons are unique. For overseas/non US hobbyists, the additional tax, customs, fees, shipping, etc, etc with SSC, I can see that being a bridge too far for them for a single rifle. Will another 1/6th dedicated military brand make a STC rifle? I'd say probably at some point. If it was me, I wouldn't do it for the 80-100 dollar cost bump, but that's just me.

On an aside, something I've said on the OSW and old Warrior Forum years ago is that it's very unfortunate that non US hobbyists don't have "buyer's clubs". I.E. hobbyists who live mostly in the same area overseas pool their money together, find a US based hobbyist who buys by the case for them, then depackages the sets, and ships them together. Then it's distributed out from a centralized destination overseas. That way things like exclusives are more accessible. Also case buying creates some practical leverage as a purchaser on the US side ( If you are spending 5 thousand a month on Hot Toys figures on the regular with a dealer, he's going to start to pay attention to you) Unfortunately bulk pricing isn't the way it used to be in the old days. That being said, the first leverage point is you'll likely get free shipping if you are buying 6-8 of the same set at a time regularly. Also dealers with "rewards points", that's another potential upside. But a situation like that requires a lot of trust. )

Thanks for this MHG! I ended up going with SS because the cost between my retailer and SS was roughly $25 difference.

I think some of the more prominent overseas retailers are trying to do what you're describing. Obviously there's a mark up associated with it, but Kit for example is now offering the SE stuff for a few days when they're announced. I imagine he's got a connection that lets him obtain in bulk to some degree, sort of fulfilling what you describe.

Yep got my pre order in for the regular one. The rifle exclusive is super sweet and it is bull dust that they make it an exclusive. But happy with the regular.

1/6th purchases are a rarity for me these days. But if it’s John wick or Neo I’m buying it all. Missed out on the JW2 fig and Im not gonna pass on it this time. I might have over compensated though. Also pulled the trigger on the 6” mafex John wick fig.

I recently watched part 4 again and i noticed in the japan scene the rifle originates from, he uses it on three armored soldiers and doesn't even kill one of them before it runs out of ammo. So a pretty useless accessory really. He uses that nunchaku WAY more in that scene than anything else. So i don't consider it a big loss exclusive wise, but yeah it's dumb on the part of whoever chose to make it exclusive in the first place.

You can see the scene here just fast forward to like 3 mins in for the rifle part.

Love Reeves, the movie and franchise as a whole but Reeves is getting old... He doesn't move as fast as he used to. The stunt actors have to wait for him to finish his moves before they can complete the sequence..

Give the guy a break. He's 60 next year and had to be lifted into ice baths back when he shot Matrix Reloaded, that was in 2001. We're lucky he was able to do one of these Wick movies, let alone 4.

Back