1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same angle, slightly higher res in case you guys were interested

41005572095_5628b41eda_o_d.jpg

Damn. I really wish they released this first.
Freaking beautiful!

I can see how one might look at it that way. But then I think T'Challa would have either (a) replicated Cap's round shield (i.e., something he's accustomed to fighting with) or (b) already given Cap these shields. I also found it odd that T'Challa said to get him a shield (singular) but he ended up with two. I small continuity error - like maybe they originally intended to give him the classic shield at that point, then decided to hold it back for Avengers 4?

True. But for me this movie had issues including continuity, some bad writing, and other things. Maybe it's just one of those things where you write a cool line in a script but then hope no-one notices. A mistake because fans notice EVERYTHING. There's no reason T'challa couldn't have replicated Cap's round shield but guessing that will be saved for Tony re Homecoming line - although in theory that prototype could have been in process before CW and it will be Shuri who makes Cap a new shield.

True. But for me this movie had issues including continuity, some bad writing, and other things. Maybe it's just one of those things where you write a cool line in a script but then hope no-one notices. A mistake because fans notice EVERYTHING. There's no reason T'challa couldn't have replicated Cap's round shield but guessing that will be saved for Tony re Homecoming line - although in theory that prototype could have been in process before CW and it will be Shuri who makes Cap a new shield.

I just figured that they just grabbed whatever they already had lying around as the ran out the door. Before seeing the movie i thought they would have more time to prepare for the attack and really had none. Just my opinion but i think him having a nice shiny new shield would have looked out of place in that scene.

Last edited:
I just figured that they just grabbed whatever they already had lying around as the ran out the door. Before seeing the movie i thought they would have more time to prepare for the attack and really had none. Just my opinion but i think him having a nice shiny new shield would have looked out of place in that scene.

Good point - IMO for Cap to be using something to me like an Indian Tiger Claw (bagh nakh - which I only learned about from a TV show:cool:) was kinda different. And for sure not a throwing weapon.

In China the film authorities dictate when the movies can be released. They tend to prevent foreign made films from opening on holiday weekends allowing domestically made movies to take advantage of the box office. It was a holiday this past weekend in China when IW opened everywhere else. Although it did open in Hong Kong the Chinese film authorities do not oversee releases there.

Still debating on getting this one. I want it for the mystery weapons but feel I shouldn't buy a figure for just the weapons. Decisions, decisions...

If the weapons complimented the figure it would be a no-brainer but those supposed Black Order weapons wouldn't look too iconic if held by Cap

If the weapons complimented the figure it would be a no-brainer but those supposed Black Order weapons wouldn't look too iconic if held by Cap

Not sure what they could do that would be iconic. There’s already like 8 Caps with the red white and blue shield. I don’t see any reason they would need to include one. It’s like Thor without meow-meow or Loki without the scepter, they have done it already so they don’t really need to do it just to do it.

Not sure what they could do that would be iconic. There’s already like 8 Caps with the red white and blue shield. I don’t see any reason they would need to include one. It’s like Thor without meow-meow or Loki without the scepter, they have done it already so they don’t really need to do it just to do it.

Some people are probably thinking of getting this as their first Cap... so a shield may be a way for Hot Toys to convince them to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people are probably thinking of getting this as their first Cap... so a shield may be a way for Hot Toys to convince them to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True that some people don’t have another Cap. But of those that buy it I’m sure there’s as many that do. They have released this exact suit with that shield (with minor alterations) three times already. Personally I’d be ok with the shield..however given both this film and the ending to civil war i would much prefer the spears or something else.

Back