1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like you said with the ending to CW it almost seems like Cap would not want that type of shield back since the design is related to stark and they still have unresolved issues. Maybe they offered him one exactly like he had and he said no.

I think Proxima's spear and Cap's shield would be the perfect combination. If both the mystery weapons are spears I'll be a little disappointed.

Like you said with the ending to CW it almost seems like Cap would not want that type of shield back since the design is related to stark and they still have unresolved issues. Maybe they offered him one exactly like he had and he said no.

I'm sure Cap is past that by now. And he was never really the one holding a grudge anyway. By the end of CW we saw him already extending an olive branch to Stark, being the decent guy that he is.

I'm sure Cap is past that by now. And he was never really the one holding a grudge anyway. By the end of CW we saw him already extending an olive branch to Stark, being the decent guy that he is.

Good point but i could see him still not wanting a shield like his unless Stark offered it to him. Maybe as a peace offering

you would think the Wakandans, with their ability to manipulate and refine vibranium, can replicate Caps shield in a few seconds. They can even improve on it vastly. Steve Rogers being the character he is though would still prefer his old 40's made smeltered version.

I can see Shuri creating Cap's new shield and naming it "wind breaker"

Nah I think that title goes to Gamora's jacket......she definitely broke wind just before that shot.

3D4330BE-88A8-4989-98E1-F3C0DD442708.jpeg

The film makers will be the ones deciding if Cap wants a shield.

Agreed. I take the olive branch to mean the flip phone. Aside from that, even right after the airport battle, Steve says it's nice to see you to Tony. Cap is always moving forward. No time for anything else. He's a bit hardened in IW, but I don't think there'd be animosity between him and Tony.

The only reason he'd turn down a traditional shield is if he himself feels like he's moved past that with everything that has happened. But I'm guessing he'll have his shield back in A4 (aside from what we know from the behind the scenes shots).

This article made me think about Cap's secret weapons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

From an interview with the brothers,

"The Russos seemed to imply that was something that happened in earlier scripts; they suggested action figures and promotional material are organized up to a year before filming, while the script is still being worked over. As a result, sometimes there’s a “disconnect” between the merchandise and the final movie".

They were talking about Hulk in this but i'm sure it could apply to Cap also. Maybe there was something else he used but it was cut from the movie. Like War Machine in IM3. HT made a War Machine for that movie but it was never in the film because that scene was cut.

I think the secret weapon may have been revealed. BEWARE...MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR IW 2...

Since they filmed this back to back, Hot toys probably wasnt privy to the part on when it will happen, doesnt have the inside knowledge if it'll happen on IW1 or 2.

Take with a grain of salt...but again...spoilers for IW 2

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I think the secret weapon may have been revealed. BEWARE...MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR IW 2...

Since they filmed this back to back, Hot toys probably wasnt privy to the part on when it will happen, doesnt have the inside knowledge if it'll happen on IW1 or 2.

Take with a grain of salt...but again...spoilers for IW 2

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn...thats epic..

Its unlikely that would be included with this set. First of all he wouldn't be wearing this costume. Second, HT obviously wants to sell figures from A4 so they're not gonna give away stuff which would be a selling point for the next figure.

Its unlikely that would be included with this set. First of all he wouldn't be wearing this costume. Second, HT obviously wants to sell figures from A4 so they're not gonna give away stuff which would be a selling point for the next figure.

Agreed. And given this is scheduled to releases as early as Jan in Hong Kong (though probably won’t) they would end up spoiling parts of A4 months before it came out. Pretty much ruin the whole reason they didn’t reveal the weapons before A3. Doesn’t make much sense really.

Agreed. And given this is scheduled to releases as early as Jan in Hong Kong (though probably won’t) they would end up spoiling parts of A4 months before it came out. Pretty much ruin the whole reason they didn’t reveal the weapons before A3. Doesn’t make much sense really.

Exactly! And even if it were delayed I doubt they would add an accessory that would be a potential movie spoiler when they could milk it for $$ after the release of the film. Although I would love to be proven wrong.

Back