1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't recall reading that, but it has already been done with Rhodey.

And Banner. It would be much harder with Cap or IM at this point. There are plenty of heros in marvels vault (and they getting more) they don't need to reboot just introduce new people and places.

He wasn't a big enough part of the first movie to be a real concern. Not like they were going to reboot the series for a supporting actor. From what I read Terrance Howard was the highest paid actor, including RDJ, from the first Iron Man and they had trouble with him on the set. He would show up late, wasn't memorizing his lines, etc. They tried to renegotiate his contract for the 2nd film with far less pay and couldn't come to an agreement.

Edit:

Here's a link to the article with Kevin Feige I was referring to:

https://collider.com/kevin-feige-iron-man-james-bond/

Here's the quote:

That was from a long time ago. I don’t see them recasting stark or Cap at this point. Not anytime soon.

I don't think it will be anytime soon either but the quote is still relevant. I think it's more likely that an actor will be replaced rather than do a reboot of their character. They would have to reboot the entire MCU to do that.

That was from a long time ago. I don’t see them recasting stark or Cap at this point. Not anytime soon.

They could kill Rogers and have Bucky (White Wolf) or Sam (Falcon) be the new Captain America. If Falcon becomes the new Cap, I could see the franchise staying alive, I'd pay to see that, as much as I love Evans as Cap. Iron Man is a little different, anyone can wear the suit, but those are tough shoes to fill in terms of Stark, a new Iron Man won't work if the new character wearing the armor isn't as multifaceted as Tony. I certainty don't see Marvel recasting Stark or Rogers.

I don't think it will be anytime soon either but the quote is still relevant. I think it's more likely that an actor will be replaced rather than do a reboot of their character. They would have to reboot the entire MCU to do that.

Some actors may get replaced but RDJ and Evans I don’t see. The whole quote says he hopes they do a bunch of movies and If not then recast..they both did a bunch of movies. Will be three additional avengers movies one individual film and a team up since that quote. As well known as bond is, avengers alone beats its total film BO.

It’s much more likely they kill them.

A soft reboot isn’t that unlikely. With the X-men and F4 coming in they could reboot and still keep some actors. Only other way I see a recast would be the Skrulls.

They could kill Rogers and have Bucky (White Wolf) or Sam (Falcon) be the new Captain America. If Falcon becomes the new Cap, I could see the franchise staying alive, I'd pay to see that, as much as I love Evans as Cap. Iron Man is a little different, anyone can wear the suit, but those are tough shoes to fill in terms of Stark, a new Iron Man won't work if the new character wearing the armor isn't as multifaceted as Tony. I certainty don't see Marvel recasting Stark or Rogers.

Agreed. I don’t see any issue with people taking up the mantle of the hero persona. Like Bucky as cap. But just throwing a new actor into be Chris Evans Cap doesn’t seem likely. As for doing iron man..do it the same way. Already an MCU replacement in place. Rhody. He’s the new iron man. Easy transition. Or if you want the genius rich person that’s quirky use Shuri. Mirrors the comics just with different person. Young black woman as super hero seems cool to me.

What he says is that if and when they stop making movies, if he (Kevin) is still working on the films, they'll likely go the James Bond route. Iron Man is too big of a seller for them to kill the character off. Rebooting would be too messy as far as the continuity of the films.

What he says is that if and when they stop making movies, if he (Kevin) is still working on the films, they'll likely go the James Bond route. Iron Man is too big of a seller for them to kill the character off. Rebooting would be too messy as far as the continuity of the films.

But you get the example he uses, Bond, and others he’s used over the years (Holmes, Batman, Spider-Man) are all recast after a reboot. Daniel Craig’s Bond doesn’t have pierce brosnans film history. Garfield Spider-Man doesn’t have McGuire’s history. RDJ Sherlock isn’t the same as Cumberbatch Sherlock with a new actor. Bale didn’t share movie past with Clooney or Keaton. Once a lead is recast they rewrite the character. That’s a reboot.

Edit-even if Fox wasn’t bought by marvel if/when they recast wolverine he wouldn’t be the same wolverine. You think it’s confusing to reboot try passing off a new actor as the same exact character without a reboot.(a lead, not a secondary character...one that’s been the star of 10 plus movies)

Last edited:
Craig Bond was the only real reboot of the Bond series. He specifically says that they wouldn't go "back to Afghanistan" meaning that they wouldn't do another origin story. The problem is that if they reboot Iron Man they have to reboot everything. I don't think non-comic movie fans would be thrilled about that.

I don’t think they would be thrilled with some random new guy suddenly taking over with no explanation. And Craig wasn’t the only reboot of Bond. Almost all of them where. But that’s just one example. Star Trek, Spider-Man, Batman, Holmes...recast is almost always a reboot, soft or full.

A recast may have seemed plausible in 2011. Wanna see how that tall is received in 2018..look at dc. Multiple jokers with different actors, maybe a Batman recast. Not going well. DC is on its third Kevin fiege in two plus years. And the uncertainty about direction is a big reason. What marvel has been able to do is make every film connect and influence the others and make it feel meaningful because you know who’s who film to film. If they start recasting and just go with it that all falls apart. If a straight recast was something he really wanted to use and use an example he would have just mentioned Rhodes. He didn’t because he’s aware you can do that early on with secondary characters but it doesn’t work with main character and actor without a soft reboot. Bond was always a soft reboot till Craig then it was a full reboot.xmen first class was a soft reboot. Jj Star Trek was a softish reboot. Which is what marvel could do..have them find out Evans or RDJ was a skrull and then have the “real” version taken out of stasis or whatever. Then it’s the same “character” but not the same history. If they just have iron man 4 with a new actor playing the same stark from the last 10 years..not gonna work.

Some actors may get replaced but RDJ and Evans I don’t see. The whole quote says he hopes they do a bunch of movies and If not then recast..they both did a bunch of movies. Will be three additional avengers movies one individual film and a team up since that quote. As well known as bond is, avengers alone beats its total film BO.

It’s much more likely they kill them.

A soft reboot isn’t that unlikely. With the X-men and F4 coming in they could reboot and still keep some actors. Only other way I see a recast would be the Skrulls.

Agreed. I don’t see any issue with people taking up the mantle of the hero persona. Like Bucky as cap. But just throwing a new actor into be Chris Evans Cap doesn’t seem likely. As for doing iron man..do it the same way. Already an MCU replacement in place. Rhody. He’s the new iron man. Easy transition. Or if you want the genius rich person that’s quirky use Shuri. Mirrors the comics just with different person. Young black woman as super hero seems cool to me.

Totally agree. If Shuri doesn't at some point replace Black Panther like in the comics, I'd be pretty happy with her as Iron Man (Iron Mainden, Iron Heart, whatever they want to change the name to).

Of course it would work. People would understand that an actor isn't going to play the same role forever. It's not like there would be "no explanation" it would be well known during the filming of the movie that a replacement had been made and why. He didn't mention Rhodes because he's not the main character of the franchise. There's no reason to draw attention to his recasting.

The DC universe isn't doing poorly because they've recast actors, it's doing poorly because the movies are ****.

There was an interview a while back with Kevin Feige where he said that if an actor could/would no longer play the part that they would basically just do the James Bond thing and continue with a different actor without rebooting everything.

That would be cool, as long as they cast someone with great charisma like Chris Evans. This is the main reason i feel the whole Bucky Cap thing wont work. Because they havent really given us any personality, let alone a charismatic one, for Bucky. He would make a boring Captain America, potentially. Granted, they could probably change that... But... I'd rather just have them bring someone else in to play Steve Rogers I think.

Same with Falcon...to a lesser degree perhaps. We've seen Steve is the HEART of what Captain America is. He WAS Captain America even before he put on the suit. I dont see that with Bucky or Falcon...not without more of an "origin story" for those characters, which is now I little too late. They'd really have to SHOW themselves to BE Captain America at heart.

BUT... with the Infinity Gauntlet, I could also see somewhat of a soft reboot for characters/actors like Cap and Iron Man. Perhaps. Thus making a different actor a little more tolerable for some.

That would be cool, as long as they cast someone with great charisma like Chris Evans. This is the main reason i feel the whole Bucky Cap thing wont work. Because they havent really given us any personality, let alone a charismatic one, for Bucky. He would make a boring Captain America, potentially. Granted, they could probably change that... But... I'd rather just have them bring someone else in to play Steve Rogers I think.

Same with Falcon...to a lesser degree perhaps. We've seen Steve is the HEART of what Captain America is. He WAS Captain America even before he put on the suit. I dont see that with Bucky or Falcon...not without more of an "origin story" for those characters, which is now I little too late. They'd really have to SHOW themselves to BE Captain America at heart.

BUT... with the Infinity Gauntlet, I could also see somewhat of a soft reboot for characters/actors like Cap and Iron Man. Perhaps. Thus making a different actor a little more tolerable for some.

I agree. Story-wise I think it's more interesting for Bucky to take on the mantle. As far as the charisma of the actor I think Anthony Mackie has Sebastian Stan beat. Stan seems to have the look/personality for more of a brooding hero.

I agree. Story-wise I think it's more interesting for Bucky to take on the mantle. As far as the charisma of the actor I think Anthony Mackie has Sebastian Stan beat. Stan seems to have the look/personality for more of a brooding hero.

I think Civil War actually gave us a good indication of the chemistry between Bucky and Falcon.
"Could you please move"
"NO"!!!!

and the "I hate you"!

I think with Bucky being Cap and Falcon as his sidekick, they can do the "Lethal Weapon 1" buddy movie kind of approach where they're both getting on each other's nerves, but in the end have to work together to do the job.

My prediction is that Bucky will get Cap's shield when this is all over, and he'll use it as his primary weapon, but he won't call himself Captain America. Sam will still be Falcon.

Sebastian Stan was phenomenal in I, Tonya. It’s just that his Marvel character is a total void of charisma and personality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I mentioned yesterday morning...now of course, I'm just speculating.
But I believe the secret weapon HT is holding out is the old shield.

Tony is gonna give it to Steve, but Steve is gonna move on and will pass that mantle to Bucky.
Kinda reminds me of the old comic book I have when Bucky replaced Steve as Captain America, and when Steve was back, Bucky was giving him the shield, and Steve told him no, and that he thinks Bucky deserves to be Captain America.

The Russo brothers have been giving us bread crumbs.

CBKGsSA.jpg

This is their tweet just a few days ago.

aPCOaFN.jpg

It's gonna be Bucky who replaces Steve... but I don't think it's going to happen until Avengers 4.

Bucky is the only other super powered one.... Falcon would be a lame Captain America.

Craig Bond was the only real reboot of the Bond series. He specifically says that they wouldn't go "back to Afghanistan" meaning that they wouldn't do another origin story. The problem is that if they reboot Iron Man they have to reboot everything. I don't think non-comic movie fans would be thrilled about that.

Starring Charlie Sheen as Iron Man

Back