1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Cap dies in IW, opening this figure next year is going to stir up some crazy conflicting emotions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Its a shame the Captain America headscuplt is mediocre, I hope Hot toys announces a better version of Deadpool soon with the better proportions and a durable material.

POed the movie promo and will likely get the regular version at a later date. I'm looking forward to having Cap in my collection again!

I'm not a huge fan of the Wakandan gauntlets - but secret weapons aside, I think this guy will look awesome with a battle damaged shield.

I have tried to get most of the variations of Cap, being that he is my favorite, and I do like the overall look of this fig. But Im gunna have to pass on this one. Slowly building a team set, I have other characters I will be picking up. Just waiting for a War Machine announcement. I may however pick up the Wakanden Shields parted out somewhere later though, I can use those in a disply. But agian, great looking fig.

Do you have both AOU and CW? You could always sell one of those and get this one.
I was originally gonna pass on this figure also and just get the head, but when you look closely, there's a lot of difference between this and the CW.
Specially the new different Evans head, Nice breath of fresh air since HT kept constantly rehashing the previous Evans sculpt.

I do indeed, however, both have a place in my collection and are in separate rooms. I won't be getting any IW figures, so if I had this guy, he'd be the lone one. I have the AoU Avengers with Ultron Prime represented as my group Avengers, so AoU Cap fits with them. And I have Mk 46 (Mk 43 is my only other IM), so CW Cap pairs with him.

Neither of them have the unhelmeted Evans sculpt, and my CW Cap has the gritted teeth faceplate being that I have him in a pose where he's punching. Also helps differentiate it from the AoU figure.

I'm hoping plasma shield will be the secret weapon :)

Oooo..

In Earth-8096, Tony Stark designed and built the energy shield gauntlet as a substitute when Captain America's vibranium shield was shattered by Loki. Cap was reluctant to use it however with his shield broken, he opted for it's use and continued to use it until his original shield was repaired by Black Panther and Wakandan science.

If Cap dies in IW, opening this figure next year is going to stir up some crazy conflicting emotions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh I know. I DON'T WANT CAP TO DIE! That would SUCK!
I realize Chris can't play him forever, but they could easily work it out so that he at least doesn't die. (Send him back in time to live a normal life with Peggy, make him the new director of Shield, have him pass the mantle on and go off working along or something, or settling down with Sharron for the normal life with a family that he has been dreaming of. )

#TeamCapForever

If he goes out looking like a disgraced bum I'm going to be so disappointed. Those little shields blow btw.

I do indeed, however, both have a place in my collection and are in separate rooms. I won't be getting any IW figures, so if I had this guy, he'd be the lone one. I have the AoU Avengers with Ultron Prime represented as my group Avengers, so AoU Cap fits with them. And I have Mk 46 (Mk 43 is my only other IM), so CW Cap pairs with him.

Neither of them have the unhelmeted Evans sculpt, and my CW Cap has the gritted teeth faceplate being that I have him in a pose where he's punching. Also helps differentiate it from the AoU figure.

I understand.
Honestly, this also goes against my new code of collecting of avoiding multiple figures of the same character.
I went through the great purge of letting go of excess figures with the exception of batman...cause...well...it's batman. Lol

So when I saw that Evans is basically wearing a weathered CW suit, I kept telling myself that I only need the head if I want to kinda display that look.
But this figure fixes some of my nitpicks of my CW figure. I think the physique is much better. I do feel the CW figure is a little on the bulky side, so this slimmer figure fixes my biggest nitpick.
I love the weathered and new texture of the suit.

I will say, the costume designers of the movie have made a great great job of making somethimg that is the almost the same, yet, also so different.
Kinda hard for me to pass since he's my favorite marvel character.

If he goes out looking like a disgraced bum I'm going to be so disappointed. Those little shields blow btw.

I wouldn't mind that at all. He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, if he goes down, busted suit and bearded, I think it's even better for his character arc, he's always been pretty alone. He's much more than a suit and shield. Tho I'm probably biased cuz aside from being tall and super ripped like him, this is kinda how I look. Like a bum, a bum wihtout super powers and a cool suit.

I ordered this one. I don't have any Caps in my collection. A while back I had the civil war promo cap but sold it. Been wanting to pick up one and this one is definitely unique.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

movie promo ordered! my first flex pay with sideshow! (everything I've purchased from there is usually in stock). this will be a longgggg wait :impatient:

movie promo ordered! my first flex pay with sideshow! (everything I've purchased from there is usually in stock). this will be a longgggg wait :impatient:

Yeah, I remember the CW figs when BP, Bucky and Falcon shipped out last:(....like the figs had been previewed a year before that. Heck, my DX Jack Sparrow PO went on so long I forgot I ordered him and didn't really care....:cool:

until the fig finally showed up and I was blown away (incredible release).

I just figure a long PO gives budgeting options - e.g. call up SS and have them take 1 or 2 payments early; pay off early, e.g. ability to stagger payments so you are not hit all at once, esp right after holidays. But at least the fig is reserved.

There was an interview a while back with Kevin Feige where he said that if an actor could/would no longer play the part that they would basically just do the James Bond thing and continue with a different actor without rebooting everything.

There was an interview a while back with Kevin Feige where he said that if an actor could/would no longer play the part that they would basically just do the James Bond thing and continue with a different actor without rebooting everything.

I don't recall reading that, but it has already been done with Rhodey.

I don't recall reading that, but it has already been done with Rhodey.

He wasn't a big enough part of the first movie to be a real concern. Not like they were going to reboot the series for a supporting actor. From what I read Terrance Howard was the highest paid actor, including RDJ, from the first Iron Man and they had trouble with him on the set. He would show up late, wasn't memorizing his lines, etc. They tried to renegotiate his contract for the 2nd film with far less pay and couldn't come to an agreement.

Edit:

Here's a link to the article with Kevin Feige I was referring to:

https://collider.com/kevin-feige-iron-man-james-bond/

Here's the quote:

“I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it.”

Back