1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Promo ordered! My first and only Cap plus the $50 off I had sitting in my "wallet" was burning a hole for at least 1 of the IW figures, now the dam waiting game :impatient:

Gonna pass on this one. If they release a "battling" version of this figure with alternate expression HS, I'll consider getting it. It'd be nice to recreate that scene from the trailer where Cap and Thanos square off.

Ah **** here we are with a new pre-order. Given it's a promo I'm taking the risk - wasn't planning to grab this version - but I know I would regret it if I enjoy Nomad Cap in the movie.

Could you please clarify? Regarding superior

For not much more money, the Movie Promo version IW Cap has two mystery weapons, half an Outrider corpse, and an alternate display stand cover.

The regular IW Cap has one mystery weapon.

With regards to the Battling Cap, that came down to preference. eg. People were split over the battle damaged shield with the scratches versus the clean shield of the regular CW Cap (which I and many prefer).

Also there was no interchangeable faceplate on the Battling version I believe.

How is this superior then the battling version. The battling version has a different stand as well and the suit was actually battle worn. Also the sculpt in the battling version is waaay better then the regular version.

The battling version was MISSING the alternate faceplate/clean shield which means it's not 100% better than the original version. It's just a different version, but you can't really call it better in every way. I went with the original because the dynamic pose battle between Capt and my Mark 46 required the aggressive faceplate.

In this promo figure you are not missing anything vs the original and everything listed are gains.

The battling version was MISSING the alternate faceplate/clean shield which means it's not 100% better than the original version. It's just a different version, but you can't really call it better in every way. I went with the original because the dynamic pose battle between Capt and my Mark 46 required the aggressive faceplate.

In this promo figure you are not missing anything vs the original and everything listed are gains.

I wouldn't say he was outright better (or inferior) necessarily, but the fact it didnt have swappable face plates actually made for better proportions since it was a fixed neck style. The regular comes off as a tad stubby since he's the ball joint head style.

For not much more money, the Movie Promo version IW Cap has two mystery weapons, half an Outrider corpse, and an alternate display stand cover.

The regular IW Cap has one mystery weapon.

With regards to the Battling Cap, that came down to preference. eg. People were split over the battle damaged shield with the scratches versus the clean shield of the regular CW Cap (which I and many prefer).

Also there was no interchangeable faceplate on the Battling version I believe.
Thanks for that

Sent from a point in space and time

I wouldn't say he was outright better (or inferior) necessarily, but the fact it didnt have swappable face plates actually made for better proportions since it was a fixed neck style. The regular comes off as a tad stubby since he's the ball joint head style.

To each their own. If you pose in a detolf by himself, battling version is probably the better one. I am posing him fighting another hot toy, so the aggressive faceplate was a must. I mean if the battling edition came with the faceplate, I would have bought that no questions asked. I can deal with the scratched up shield.

It's Captain America, it's the biggest Marvel movie to date, it's a movie promo toy which probably will be limited. Sure, $270 is a lot, and sure, a year to release is a long time. In the end though, it's just money. Heck, a box of 2017 Marvel Premier by Upper Deck was $300 and all you got was two sketch cards for that price. Compared to that, this toy is a steal. Glad I could get in on the movie promo one, first movie promo toy I've been able to snag.

It's Captain America, it's the biggest Marvel movie to date, it's a movie promo toy which probably will be limited. Sure, $270 is a lot, and sure, a year to release is a long time. In the end though, it's just money. Heck, a box of 2017 Marvel Premier by Upper Deck was $300 and all you got was two sketch cards for that price. Compared to that, this toy is a steal. Glad I could get in on the movie promo one, first movie promo toy I've been able to snag.

I always justify this hobby by stating how not only do these figures sometimes increase in value over time, even if they don't you still have something to show for your hard earned money. For the countless drones that get a $5 drink from Starbucks daily, they'll spend $270 in a little over 2 months, and all they have to show for it are added inches to their waste or cavities. Yea, $270 isn't cheap, but this is going to be a huge film, and possibly one of the last Chris Evans Steve Rogers (for awhile anyways). And yea, when you start comparing it to prices of things back in the day, Snes cartridges from Tower Records set me back $120 a game. People ***** about $60 games these days. I almost always get Hot Toys with flex payments anyways, so with that and my rewards points, a few small payments of about $60 and it's all mine. So stoked to finally have a Cap.

Well was going to wait till tomorrow but couldn't got the promo version can't bet like 12 bucks more. Used 20.60 of the points I had. Now nothing to use on iron spidey!
ac206279e0eca5490afb9de8a7eefee0.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I don’t really want to go overboard with this film but I’m feeling like it might happen. :lol. Already have this, Thanos, and Thor on order. I have a feeling I’ll cave on Spidey too.

I always justify this hobby by stating how not only do these figures sometimes increase in value over time, even if they don't you still have something to show for your hard earned money. For the countless drones that get a $5 drink from Starbucks daily, they'll spend $270 in a little over 2 months, and all they have to show for it are added inches to their waste or cavities. Yea, $270 isn't cheap, but this is going to be a huge film, and possibly one of the last Chris Evans Steve Rogers (for awhile anyways). And yea, when you start comparing it to prices of things back in the day, Snes cartridges from Tower Records set me back $120 a game. People ***** about $60 games these days. I almost always get Hot Toys with flex payments anyways, so with that and my rewards points, a few small payments of about $60 and it's all mine. So stoked to finally have a Cap.

:exactly:

I don’t really want to go overboard with this film but I’m feeling like it might happen. :lol. Already have this, Thanos, and Thor on order. I have a feeling I’ll cave on Spidey too.

I hear ya. Any cap was always a must buy for me, as well as spidey, but I was not digging iron man. Have since 180'd on that and will probably cave. Now that we're seeing confirmation of a Bucky in the works most likely get that too.

Back