1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap was only one from the film I had plans to get so ordered promo version. Hopefully the surprise reveal is cool even if not $15 meh...

It's just too bad we did not end the franchise with a definitive cap, but a totally different one. One with a beard, no helmet, and not even the original iconic shield. So if you are looking for the "definitive" cap, too bad this isn't it.

Same with BW. Thought they will make the best BW version for infinity war since they had like 10 years to perfect their sculpt but man everything about her changed from that iconic look.

Didn't expect the definitive version of these figures stopped at Civil War if you want the vanilla iconic versions.

Cap was only one from the film I had plans to get so ordered promo version. Hopefully the surprise reveal is cool even if not $15 meh...

If I had to guess, a more classic shield for both versions and something like Proxima Midnight’s spear for the Movie Promo.

That way it’s a cool additional accessory for the Movie Promo version that I think would be worthwhile, but people won’t necessarily be over the top upset if they missed out on it.

It's just too bad we did not end the franchise with a definitive cap, but a totally different one. One with a beard, no helmet, and not even the original iconic shield. So if you are looking for the "definitive" cap, too bad this isn't it.

Same with BW. Thought they will make the best BW version for infinity war since they had like 10 years to perfect their sculpt but man everything about her changed from that iconic look.

I agree, but honestly it's probably easy enough to buy a masked sculpt from china. I'm sure they'll make one that matches the color of the suit. And since most of the face is covered up by the helm it doesn't have to be dead on accurate. I'm sure the extra weapon must be his (new) shield.

I just have no idea what the 2nd exclusive weapon might be...

Only problem is his rolled up 'devil may care' attitude rolled up sleeves :lol

As for BW I think we got a great version in CW so I'm not too bummed that this one is... hideous...

I hear ya. Any cap was always a must buy for me, as well as spidey, but I was not digging iron man. Have since 180'd on that and will probably cave. Now that we're seeing confirmation of a Bucky in the works most likely get that too.
As much as I like Iron Man/Stark as a character I don’t have a lot of desire to buy a bunch of Iron Man armors. I only have the XLII at the moment and The Mechanic version of Stark. I kinda wouldn’t mind getting one more “definive” Iron Man since the one I have isn’t the most traditional looking and wasn’t featured the best but I do like it.

Didn't expect the definitive version of these figures stopped at Civil War if you want the vanilla iconic versions.

Too soon to say. If cap doesn't die in Infinity War, maybe in Avengers 4 he'll shave, get a mask and get his shield back. I have been toying with the idea of getting the Winter Soldier head sculpt for this to kit bash my own Cap, since I plan on doing that for IW Thor. But I get you, this isn't how people think of Cap. But I've been rocking a beard for years so I kinda like that my favorite character is now too.

If I had to guess, a more classic shield for both versions and Proxima Midnight’s spear for the Movie Promo.

That way it’s a cool additional accessory for the Movie Promo version that I think would be worthwhile, but people won’t necessarily be over the top upset if they missed out on it.

I'm inclined to think you're right. Could also see a traditional shield and battle damaged traditional shield.

If I had to guess, a more classic shield for both versions and something like Proxima Midnight’s spear for the Movie Promo.

Yeah a nice little nod would be nice but it doesn’t matter either way for me so figured why not.

Ordered the regular at BBTS. He doesn't really fit in with the rest of my CW-era figures, but still looks way too cool not to get. And if he does end up with a new shield at the end, it's hard to believe that wouldn't be included with the main figure.

Ordered the regular at BBTS. He doesn't really fit in with the rest of my CW-era figures, but still looks way too cool not to get. And if he does end up with a new shield at the end, it's hard to believe that wouldn't be included with the main figure.

I honestly cannot see the Russo's leaving that as a lose end. Tony has to either give Cap his shield back as we last saw it in CW, or he gives it back with a new paint job and some new tech gimmick.

Secret weapon will be an infinity gauntlet that fits him, after he takes it away from Thanos.

Just the thought of him wielding the Infinity Gauntlet in this movie gave me goosebumps. That would be too awesome if he does.

Well after considering it for a couple of minutes I'm in for the movie promo one. Had enough rewards to offset the extra costs from SS.

Back