1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repainted my headsculpt for better accuracy. Lightened the hair and gave it gold accents, repainted the beard, even added some. Repainted the mouth and removed some beard from around it. I'm refitting a civil war helmet sculpt to fit this body as the body is bigger and the neck peg won't reach. Also gave the entire suit a on e over, making it darker and frayed the damage exposing the scale mail. Great figure. The overall body size is the major issue. Too tall and too bulky. He's not THAT big.

View attachment 452511
View attachment 452512
View attachment 452513
If I had the guts I would repaint the hair and beard. I like the figure overall, but the hair is too dark. Really like how yours came out.

Another couple of photos for tonight...

IW-CAP-003.jpg

I am very glad I picked up this figure. I like th sculpt just fine. I like the detailing and the outfit. He emerges from the shadows to lead the Avengers again! It really captures the uneasy balance of this beaten and ragged look o bridge to the revitalized suit and look he features in Endgame.

IW-CAP-004.jpg

Want to get some more shots tomorrow...maybe outdoors, weather permitting.
REALLY dig this figure. I see some folks are doing some mods, touch-ups and alternate looks with this one. Cool to see the figure inspiring the creative types in here....keep the pics coming!

Wow, excellent job! I've been quite vocal about my disdain towards the IW headsculpt, but it's crazy how fixing the paintwork can enhance/improve the likeness. That looks so much more like Evans! :clap

Agreed. The lighter hair really seems to make up for the so-so sculpt, and now I actually find myself tempted to pick this one up again.

Agreed. The lighter hair really seems to make up for the so-so sculpt, and now I actually find myself tempted to pick this one up again.

Yeah man, you should since he's still fairly priced. Thor and strange are overpriced (resellers) mainly because the sculpts are done so well, the cap sculpt not so much but like I said, it's due to the paint app. That can easily be corrected if you know how to do that sort of thing. His outfit is something left to be desired, but I can forgive it. It'll stand the test of time imo, just needed a minor repaint as well. I'll take better pics as soon as I can.
For those that like the figure how it is, great.

Slowly adding more for the ultimate Infinity war/end game display. Still on the fence getting an official hulk. Just hate full rubber figures.IMG_20190505_111314~2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Got outside with Cap today...

IW-CAP-010.jpg

Now that I've had a chance to enjoy this figure a bit, it has made me even happier that I did not pass it up. Are there issues? A few, but they are minor and by now, somewhat standard with these kinds of characters. The uniform is bulky and limits any real dynamic posing without risk of damage or having small parts come loose. The hands are a little shiny, but they are, along with the gloves, well-detailed and switch on and off with relative ease. The glove gauntlets do limit movement but not too much. The portrait has generated a lot of talk and from my point of view, other than the hair being a bit too dark (another common HT occurrence), I think it looks great.

There are some talented folks taking a stab at repainting the hair, but I'll remain satisfied with it just the way it is.

IW-CAP-005.jpg

IW-CAP-007.jpg

I really like this look for the Cap. It really highlights a certain point in the story and how he was. A little tattered, beaten and bearded, but still the strong super soldier that will once again fight with the Avengers....

IW-CAP-009.jpg

I've got the "Endgame" version on order...it looks like a strong release, featuring Cap in his classic look, giving all it takes.

Until then, I'm really enjoying this Infinity War version.

IW-CAP-011.jpg

Keep those cool shots and mods coming! Never too much Cap!

Fantastic photos. Despite this outfit looking really cool, I just don’t feel the urge to get it. Perhaps one day, my mind will change.

Great photos! I thought about painting mine, but I practiced on a marvel select and I'm not very trusting of myself to try it out on the real deal. It's almost like cutting my own hair.. I could kind of do it & possibly make it look alright, but most likely I'll end up butchering it. I may just wait till I see one of you customizers do some amazing work and see how much you'd all charge!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Great photos! I thought about painting mine, but I practiced on a marvel select and I'm not very trusting of myself to try it out on the real deal. It's almost like cutting my own hair.. I could kind of do it & possibly make it look alright, but most likely I'll end up butchering it. I may just wait till I see one of you customizers do some amazing work and see how much you'd all charge!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm in pa as well, I'd repaint it for you!

Fantastic photos. Despite this outfit looking really cool, I just don’t feel the urge to get it. Perhaps one day, my mind will change.

Yes, I'm glad I changed my mind. As much as I like the classic uniform and gear, I always end up being drawn to the versions of characters that veer away a bit from their usual look. Probably why I'm enjoying this one so much.

More from today's session...

IW-CAP-008.jpg

IW-CAP-012.jpg

IW-CAP-013.jpg

IW-CAP-014.jpg

...and an encore.

Got outside with Cap today...

View attachment 452717

View attachment 452718

View attachment 452719

View attachment 452720

View attachment 452721

Keep those cool shots and mods coming! Never too much Cap!

Looking forward to seeing more of those repaints!

See I want to perhaps get EG Cap, but I literally just finished watching IW again and I’m telling myself that if I were to get another Cap one day, this would be it because of how different it is from his traditional look. These great pics aren’t helping. :lol

See I want to perhaps get EG Cap, but I literally just finished watching IW again and I’m telling myself that if I were to get another Cap one day, this would be it because of how different it is from his traditional look. These great pics aren’t helping. [emoji38]
I was very uneasy about hitting that final payment for the movie promo edition. When I got him in hand though that really faded away. He looks super cool adjacent to (my favorite) Cap. He's overpriced, I'll 100% cop to that, but I think you'll be satisfied if you pick him up.
fc4e75140c1ebbd94e9d8b629c3b384e.jpg

Thanks for the words of encouragement. :duff

Glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks AoU Cap is silently one of the best (if not the best) Caps they’ve done. I still argue that the proportions on that figure best closely resemble Evans’s physique while in the suit. As far as IW, time will tell on whether I go for that one or EG Cap. I still just don’t feel the urge to get another Cap at the moment as I did with EG Thanos.

Back