1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Not sure if a spoiler because it's in the trailer but just to be safe

Spoiler Spoiler:

The undisputed MCU Villains Champion.

pJpGa6c.jpg

I agree he is the best villain................at least for the next couple months :lol

Please. Watch thanos get one shotted by rocket raccoon or black widow or something. Then everyone will laugh and it will get huge ratings.

I'd get all 3 potential versions of Erik... Golden Panther suit obviously. His Yellow/Blue Assault suit (with tribal mask). King Killmonger with long black jacket, gold panther necklace, shirtless w/ scar bumps. hopefully different sculpt, possibly aggressive. I suppose a casual look from early on could be considered a 4th, but that would probably be even less likely than the previous 2. Loved his performance. Would also like a Klaue figure too, but that will also probably never happen.

The undisputed MCU Villains Champion.

He was very good. You have empathy for him. The scene by the waterfall was the best of the movie. The end fight, not so much.

I still prefer Loki, so "disputed"...

I'd definitely buy Killmonger in his Golden Jaguar suit.

Not sure if a spoiler because it's in the trailer but just to be safe

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'd be interested in doing that! After seeing the film now want this guy but I never use unmasked sculpts.

Movie was wonderful. Loved Killmonger.

He was very good. You have empathy for him. The scene by the waterfall was the best of the movie. The end fight, not so much.

I still prefer Loki, so "disputed"...

These CG heavy 3rd acts/final battles are really starting to wear on me. Haven't seen Thor yet, but of the last few: WW's battle with Aries was cringe-worthy, I could barely see what was even happening between SM and Vulture on that plane, and now BP's...

Agreed, the waterfall scene was the best. Dude is ruthless. And the scary part? As an audience member, you get it...

These CG heavy 3rd acts/final battles are really starting to wear on me. Haven't seen Thor yet, but of the last few: WW's battle with Aries was cringe-worthy, I could barely see what was even happening between SM and Vulture on that plane, and now BP's...

Agreed, the waterfall scene was the best. Dude is ruthless. And the scary part? As an audience member, you get it...

I'm generally a little let-down by MCU third act battles, they're always a little much for me.

But then, I loved the final -- seated -- fight between Bill and The Bride in Kill Bill 2.

Thinking back randomly to say, Civil War and Black Panther, it's the middle act action set-pieces that really do it for me. Although third acts have their moments -- Ant Man vs. Yellow Jacket in the briefcase was cool.

Great movie but I should of not watched any of the trailers,gave away most all the good ****.

I'm generally a little let-down by MCU third act battles, they're always a little much for me.

But then, I loved the final -- seated -- fight between Bill and The Bride in Kill Bill 2.

Thinking back randomly to say, Civil War and Black Panther, it's the middle act action set-pieces that really do it for me. Although third acts have their moments -- Ant Man vs. Yellow Jacket in the briefcase was cool.

I think it just comes down to the CG. Almost as if once I notice how heavy the CG is, the fight/battle loses all its tension. CW was actually great to me. The fight was intimate, personal, with a lot of stakes and emotions.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't me wrong though. I loved the movie! What separated it from most of my MCU's experiences is how invested I found myself in the actual characters, their motives and their back stories. Other than the waterfall scene, I found myself less interested in the action scenes and more interested in everything else.

TWS is still easily the best MCU movie and I don't know if any MCU movie will change that. I'm anticipating IW to be more "epic" than something I would consider a good movie at its core.

Anyway, if you've read this far sorry for not mentioning anything about the figure! It looks great!

If they do make a Killmonger (which I would def buy), it would probably be from the early stages of the film, but I got no problem with that. He, along with everyone else in the film was excellent and totally inspiring

they have figure of him in golden jaguar suit in the promo pics? see him from the back in front of panther. unsure why there is any question, they have a proto so unless it goes the way of yellow jacket its comin no?

they have figure of him in golden jaguar suit in the promo pics? see him from the back in front of panther. unsure why there is any question, they have a proto so unless it goes the way of yellow jacket its comin no?

I think that's the fear. He will end up like Yellow Jacket.

Although I admit when Ant-Man came out, I didn't see a bunch of people raving about how he was the best MCU villan to date.

So maybe Killmonger's fate will differ.

I won't hold my breath although I really want that man on my shelf lol.

I have zero interest in the Gold Jag version, but would buy this:

black-panther-costume-erik-killmonger-uniform.jpg

Or if they could pull off the waterfall/shirtless version without awful seams. With the 'kill marks'. That's his comic book look, it seems.

Back