1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

So excited to watch this movie next Monday.
Then I'll probably can't help myself and order this figure.

Same here. I'll be watching on Monday. Just put in the order...you know you want too. Lol

I going with a group of 10 maybe 14 people tonight. Should be fun. I have had my CW version front and center in the display for the last month.

Catching a Friday matinee with my nerds. Super stoked, and ready to wait for a year on the figure ... LOL ...

Great movie, we've been lucky here in the UK to have an early release again, a great addition to the Marvel stable, great visuals, great cast, and a thought provoking story for the times we live in, lots of 'Marvel' moments but refreshingly different as well, some of the scenic pieces are stunning, score is superb................which eventually pushed me over the edge lol, I was 85% there for ordering T'Challa but after seeing the movie last night I'm in !!! Ordered :yess::yess::yess:

Glad to hear it. And I keep hearing the score is great, which i love. All my favorite movies have moving scores and the MCU does not have many of them. Really, only Thor and Avengers come to mind. I love the Thor score how it's used in conjunction with the Asgard themes. And the Avengers one feels so classic already especially in that infinity war trailer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is it weird that I’m absolutely more than satisfied with the original HT Black Panther release? This one honestly doesn’t do it for me.

However, there had better be a Killmonger or I’m gonna riot...

Ordered last night... watching Civil War now for Black Panther intro, and planning on going tomorrow.. :)

I greatly prefer the original suit, but the black light trick is clever--assuming it actually shows up in in normal light (usually when you use a blacklight, you turn your lights out).

Seeing the movie in a couple of hours.

Is it weird that I’m absolutely more than satisfied with the original HT Black Panther release? This one honestly doesn’t do it for me.

However, there had better be a Killmonger or I’m gonna riot...

Nope 1st one is great just missing the HS.

Can vouch for the great score in the movie. Looking forward to getting that. Enjoyed the movie a lot, it’s really easy to forget that it still is part of the MCU. Stands really well on its own. Loved the new suit too, glad I got the figure ordered.

1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

A few “preachy“ moments I could have done without, but overall a good movie.

Don’t care for the over all trend of movies to put the liberal Hollywood 2¢ commentary in every movie now…

At least it was minimal here.

Just got back from the movie... Loved every second. Was one of the most beautiful movies I've seen in years. And one of the best MCU movies overall. Just amazing. I stand by my original statement that I will get any figure that HT makes from this movie, and I hope they make a lot, even though I doubt they will make many more besides Panther and Killmonger.

One I'd truly like is
Spoiler Spoiler:

Agreed. That would be a cool figure.

Enjoyed the afrofuturism the movie had, but beyond that and the first act, the movie failed to stay really engaging with predictable plot antics. Oh, and Boseman nailed it.

Enjoyed the afrofuturism the movie had, but beyond that and the first act, the movie failed to stay really engaging with predictable plot antics. Oh, and Boseman nailed it.

I was nailed to the screen the whole entire time, Marvel best movie by far. The fact that super hero was African made the movie so fresh compared to rest of marvel's movies. The movie had a completely different tone from any other Marvel movie. Oh by the way the women in the film make Black Widow look like an amateur hero.

Not only do I now need a Hot Toy of Black Panther but I also need Killmonger, King T'Challa with a throne, M'Baku, Shuri, Okoye,
Spoiler Spoiler:
probably Nakia....I mean it was just so chock full of great characters! Great movie!

Yeah, but what solo movies have had several support cast made into figures?... The Winter Soldier?.. Ant-Man and Dr Strange couldn't even get any more than the title character made..

I was nailed to the screen the whole entire time, Marvel best movie by far. The fact that super hero was African made the movie so fresh compared to rest of marvel's movies. The movie had a completely different tone from any other Marvel movie. Oh by the way the women in the film make Black Widow look like an amateur hero.

I enjoyed all those aspects of the film too. Really dug the tone, the afrofuturism. But they couldn’t carry the load alone in a film I wished offered a little more of the unexpected, a little more nuance instead of plot box checking. Each to their own. Still pretty jazzed for this figure — the new suit was a highlight for me.

We absolutely need Killmonger. Easily the best Marvel villain in years. I may like him even more than Loki now.

If anything this movie made me want a killmonger in his blue and orange armor with the tribal mask more than a golden jaguar figure.

Back