1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bp1.jpgbp2.jpg

I saw on one of the reviews the HS had Hot Toys moulded inside the head. Is that a first ? Maybe they are using a new supplier(production facility) and the's why the sculpt is so different from the photo. They're simply not as good and experienced as the others they have used.

Pure speculation of course, but that moulding inside could mean something has changed ??

Absolutely. I went a little mad whilst in a post-Infinity War state of euphoria and foolishly pre-ordered a ton of stuff. Lesson learned though - going forward I won't be pulling the trigger on anything until I've seen the final product pics first.

I just hope they don't screw up Bucky. Not because of the NRD I've already laid down on that one...but because I absolutely love the look of the proto and I will be gutted if they ruin it.

Yeah. And bein' my fav MCU character I've got 2 on PO. Was so excited and for Cap too. I'll keep the POs - hopefully at minimum HT does a decent job with the costume. For me that design was an outstanding blend of new and a nod to the 1940s look.

Now tho I am less excited and more *alarmed*:(.

I saw on one of the reviews the HS had Hot Toys moulded inside the head. Is that a first ? Maybe they are using a new supplier(production facility) and the's why the sculpt is so different from the photo. They're simply not as good and experienced as the others they have used.

Pure speculation of course, but that moulding inside could mean something has changed ??

I already believe that:mad:. DS, Cap, and now T'challa. All of them seem to have been churned out with "softer" features than the proto IMO. Like recasts or some kinda cheaper vinyl/plastic. Why not - HT has cut corners before, like the oiling problem with some costumes. I'm already gonna take a hard look at whatever spare Bucky sculpts I have and think about what White Wolf re-hairing can be done.

It's a real shame as both Shuri and Bucky sculpts looked so good:( - as did DS. And I was all excited about Cap. (It's a small thing but just watched an IW Cap review and still can't get over the jagged head seam in the back hair - from HT!)

But - like Cap - if I could get a good deal considering this BP after all. I kinda like the look of the almost iridescent patterning of the costume. If he can do deep stances he'd look pretty feral on the shelf. Or maybe I could pick up him up loose - the stand is cool but the height is a pain to deal with.:horror

The Kylo Ren from TLJ was the first one I’ve seen that had Hot Toys molded on the sculpt. Not sure if it was the first one, but first I’ve seen with it & that sculpt looks really good.

They are just rushing out too many of these figures and are more focused on numbers rather than quality it seems. Damn shame because the proto sculpts for the most part were on point. Strange for sure looked great. Shuri and Bucky both are on point as well but from recent trends....I’m worried.

They are just rushing out too many of these figures and are more focused on numbers rather than quality it seems. Damn shame because the proto sculpts for the most part were on point. Strange for sure looked great. Shuri and Bucky both are on point as well but from recent trends....I’m worried.

Me too. And IMO no excuse for Bucky and Shuri with the long delay - plenty of time to listen to unhappy feedback or note cancellations. I mean, word gets out. I hadn't been planning on DS #1 but got him after reports of being a stellar release. So quality matters re sales.

Srsly quality should be getting BETTER, not worse!

I did state the reason in comments box when I cancelled...but I might just send them an email. Don't expect to get it back, but it won't hurt to ask.

Yeah, definitely send the email. I dont think they make any exceptions for the comment in the box. But I sent an email for a similar situation in the past and they were very helpful. Good luck!

Well since we're speaking technicalities, she is not African either. Guyana is in South America.

Haha, well if you want to be super duper technical...but I did specify that she is British-Guyanese, although it's pretty evident that she has African ancestry.

My main gripe with the earlier post was the assumption that someone black is automatically American.

Me too. And IMO no excuse for Bucky and Shuri with the long delay - plenty of time to listen to unhappy feedback or note cancellations. I mean, word gets out. I hadn't been planning on DS #1 but got him after reports of being a stellar release. So quality matters re sales.

Srsly quality should be getting BETTER, not worse!

Well BP 2.0 had plenty of time to get worked on...and well, look how the final headsculpt turned out...

And totally agree that quality matters. It's the reason I purchased Hela. I had no intentions on getting her, but when they put out that amazing headsculpt I couldn't say no! That's the power of quality.

I also had no plans to get IW Bucky, but when I saw the prototype pics I was SOLD! Although if they botch it the same way they did to BP 2.0, then that's gonna be a damn shame.

Eyes are too high up. Makes him look older than what he really is. Chin is also larger. Face elongated as mentioned with a smaller forehead.

Back