1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint apps seemed to be the big hit for the sculpt. JC Hong's pic looked entirely different.

Based on this Chadwick headsculpt debacle, I guess IW Bucky is no longer a must buy/pre-order pending final product photos... :pray:

I agree the final product differentiates quite noticeably from the prototype. I think the likeness is there, however the skin tone seems off in my opinion, though I cannot be too bothered by it because I seldomly use the alternate/unmasked head sculpts.

The suit on the figure and masked head sculpt seem incredible, so many patterns and the UV light display is fantastic, from the reviews I've seen.

Watching that last review, the thing that's bugging me even more than the sculpt (besides how little French I've retained over the years) is the slight gap that shows at the back of the mask. I don't see that on my CW version or T'Chaka. I wonder if that's a result of the swap out feature for the eyes. Hopefully we can bore out the post insert a bit if needed.

I have the CW version, but am getting this one too. I agree that something with the HS looks slightly off but I can’t put my finger on it. Honestly though, if this figure didn’t have the black light feature then I would be more than happy with the Mayvel Legends 12” figure. You at least don’t have to worry about the suit with the ML figure and the paint is really nice. The black light feature though makes this an awesome centerpiece!

FB_IMG_1548812763261.jpg
FB_IMG_1548812779169.jpg
FB_IMG_1548812756152.jpg
Really want to get a hands on look but the suit looks great and i love the mask sculpt

FB_IMG_1548812769807.jpg
Sculpt kinda looks alright in some angles

Based on this Chadwick headsculpt debacle, I guess IW Bucky is no longer a must buy/pre-order pending final product photos... :pray:

Bruh. They better not do Shuri and Bucky like this. Those are my most anticipated figures this year along with Thanos.

For an upscaled Mezco headsculpt this isn't terrible guys.

*re-reads and realizes this is supposed to be a HT release*

....the horror.....$260....for this

Proto vs reality. Hot Toys is roping people in with high quality protos, and generating cheaper sculpts and paints in the final release. (photo from VIRTUAL DEVIL)

Untitled.jpg

Proto vs reality. Hot Toys is roping people in with high quality protos, and generating cheaper sculpts and paints in the final release.

View attachment 442156

Holy &^$! IMO not as bad as the Finn thing, but WTF!

*irritated* - think the masked sculpt w. eyes is kinda cool - but what happened to the hair texture and mouth? Is that varnish lines on the eyes?

*bitter* Bucky needed a new sculpt - is that gonna be ruined too along w. *&^ paint? (Shuri as well....:(:(:( )

Based on this Chadwick headsculpt debacle, I guess IW Bucky is no longer a must buy/pre-order pending final product photos...

Yeah. I mean I'll keep my POs as assume HT wont' f*&^ up Bucky costume and arm. Guess I'm gonna have to learn to mod sculpts/touch up paint since I have extra CW Bucky sculpt. Maybe the CW Bucky could have been better but at least it looked like HT put in some effort.

Maybe Shuri will come out OK like Hela did, as a first effort. Hope HT won't be stupid as w. Shuri and Bucky there's no mask, horns, or even questionable beard and accessories to gloss over a poor release.

Proto vs reality. Hot Toys is roping people in with high quality protos, and generating cheaper sculpts and paints in the final release. (photo from VIRTUAL DEVIL)

View attachment 442156

This is exactly why Hot Toys commands the big bucks!!! That's a great comparison shot between quality Hot Toys work and a cheap knock-off brand...oh wait... :slap

The BP 2.0 suit itself looks pretty awesome, but I'm sorry I can't support a company that pulls this bait and switch. This is legit false advertisement...Billy MacFarland, are you consulting for Hot Toys now???

This is exactly why Hot Toys commands the big bucks!!! That's a great comparison shot between quality Hot Toys work and a cheap knock-off brand...oh wait... :slap

The BP 2.0 suit itself looks pretty awesome, but I'm sorry I can't support a company that pulls this bait and switch. This is legit false advertisement...Billy MacFarland, are you consulting for Hot Toys now???

Exactly, this isn't a tweaked sculpt. It is a totally new sculpt, with less detail, easier to mass produce. Not done for quality, but done for cost savings on a marvel legends production machine.

Their is sooo much detail lost in the sculpt like WTF?? Why cheap out since you put effort into every other part of the figure?? At this point might as well just get the CW BP or wait till sideshow discounts this figure

*sigh*... this is really disappointing. I was anticipating this release and was willing to wait to see it in-hand, but these recent images are showing a precipitous drop in quality. I can't help but feel I need to vote with my wallet and cancel this pre-order, NRD be damned. It's really not looking better. What to do...

Back