1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Looks good, but I'm not a fan of the new mask at all.

Whys the entire eye socket silver?

That's an HT? It doesn't look like their usual standard at all. It must be a very very rough prototype.

That suit looks crazy tight... and dangerously thin too, right? Btw, I think we are looking at a prototype that is supposed to have T'Challa's real eyes showing though but they hadn't finished them yet so it's on a light gray or silver dummy head that is making it looks all silver. I'm hoping we get the option to have his normal white/silver eyes or switch them out with his actual eyes. Plus, they have to include a T'Challa head on this one. A alternate version with the purple tech effects would be cool too.

Looks ok, outside of that stupid new helmet.

Not a fan of his new mask at all, so easy pass for me.

I'm sorry, if that's the new figure… the Civil War version is 1000x better. T'Challa head sculpt or not.

THIS. And I got a great head sculpt. Hard to believe HT made such little effort, but it's early.:dunno

I'll reserve judgment for the time being. It's a shame the first pic (if this is even a final prto-type) is a low quality snap shot in a museum pose from an odd angle. Not that it's not a good enough picture to see a lot of what we might be getting; but I know that opinions and feelings can change as more an more pictures begin to turn up. I have some concerns too, but we'll see. I don't like the stand though and would prefer the shape they have been using most recently for MCU figures than the one in this pic.

That suit looks crazy tight... and dangerously thin too, right? Btw, I think we are looking at a prototype that is supposed to have T'Challa's real eyes showing though but they hadn't finished them yet so it's on a light gray or silver dummy head that is making it looks all silver. I'm hoping we get the option to have his normal white/silver eyes or switch them out with his actual eyes. Plus, they have to include a T'Challa head on this one. A alternate version with the purple tech effects would be cool too.

Very wrong, that is not a silver dummy underneath. Those big eyes are actual lenses. Since most have forgotten or dont realize

The very FIRST promos of the new suit and first trailer showcasing it showed the helmet with huge eyes

wp-1499919944335.jpg

ehcc024sxoaz.jpg

This mask with huge eye sockets can still be seen in props for the film because that's the actual original mask design they made. Now for whatever reason they changed it in post production and slim downed the eyes with cgi closer to the CW look as you can see here

black-panther-marvel-mask-634x280.jpg

More than likely this is the Hot Toys cause for delay seeing as how they originally made the their mask sculpt off of how the mask was originally supposed to look in the film. Now that the filmmakers have drastically slim downed the eyes, HT might be in a panic to fix their figure too, to fit the new film look. As im sure a lot of ppl would be unhappy with the figure if the mask looked so massivley different to the film they just saw.Too bad because I personally loved the thick eye look. It was drastically different from cw. Don't know why ppl just want the same constant looks each time. Gets boring. But yea this is probably why they are stalling.

The Civil War helmet was so much more aggressive looking than this new one.
I get that they were trying to make it more "Panther" like… but the muzzle area under the
nose just looks like they were trying too hard.

And IMO, having his eyes exposed in any fashion with the helmet on looks horrible.

View attachment 390971

This mask with huge eye sockets can still be seen in props for the film because that's the actual original mask design they made. Now for whatever reason they changed it in post production and slim downed the eyes with cgi closer to the CW look as you can see here

View attachment 390972

More than likely this is the Hot Toys cause for delay seeing as how they originally made the their mask sculpt off of how the mask was originally supposed to look in the film. Now that the filmmakers have drastically slim downed the eyes, HT might be in a panic to fix their figure too, to fit the new film look. As im sure a lot of ppl would be unhappy with the figure if the mask looked so massivley different to the film they just saw.Too bad because I personally loved the thick eye look. It was drastically different from cw. Don't know why ppl just want the same constant looks each time. Gets boring. But yea this is probably why they are stalling.

Nice insight. I actually hope you are right and the costume changed in post production and Hot Toys is taking the time needed to adjust their figure accordingly too.

You know, it could also be that the actor needed to be able to see out of the helmet during filming, and they intended to narrow the eyes in post anyway.

I don't see the point in worrying about a proto figure that might have been produced/rushed over in a hurry just so it could be at this event.

We'll see what the solicitation pics look like.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I agree. I’m super stoked for this one. I passed on CW in hopes of getting a superior figure this time. If it’s lame though like that pic, I’ll replace him with Neo until the sequel.

Interested in the figure with an unmasked sculpt. Would display it like the EW promo shot. We'll see how it turns out, can't wait to see the movie though.

Interested in the figure with an unmasked sculpt. Would display it like the EW promo shot. We'll see how it turns out, can't wait to see the movie though.

If this figure doesn’t have an unmasked headsculpt I will be very disappointed.

Back