1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Maybe they can make the base with purple led shooting straight up at the figure, if the leds are strong enough BP will get a purple underglow from the base lights.

That would definitely be cool if they could pull something like that off.

I was thinking they might be able to use clear-to-purple glow in the dark paint, so it would look black in the light and then you'd see the purple glow when the lights go out.

I'd like both versions of Erik honestly... His regular outfit with the head-dress and MBJ sculpt, and golden panther suit. I doubt they'll make both, but I'd get both.

Yeah I'd love both, but if i had to choice one i'd actually go for the regular outfit with a MBJ sculpt.

I'm also glad they were able to get a muscle suit under the costume, similar to what they did with the BVS Batman.

I've never been convinced by the waist oh the CW figure, although they tried to replicate the costume as you can see from the picture, I think they have gone too far. I hope the bust of this version will be movie accurate...From this teaser picture is not clear.

Attachments

• 5FBA7D86-84B5-4E43-A454-6877E0C7FDD1.jpg
    5FBA7D86-84B5-4E43-A454-6877E0C7FDD1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 510

Pumped for this guy. Hope it looks good. Not quite sure how they are going to pull off that purple effect, but I'd rather have the suit without it. Wonder if they will release the CW suit since he does wear it in BP and has an action scene in it.

Pumped for this guy. Hope it looks good. Not quite sure how they are going to pull off that purple effect, but I'd rather have the suit without it. Wonder if they will release the CW suit since he does wear it in BP and has an action scene in it.

I'd imagine it would be a light up function that illuminates underneath the suit. I'm fairly confident HT can pull it off.

I'd imagine it would be a light up function that illuminates underneath the suit. I'm fairly confident HT can pull it off.

Interesting idea. So this would require a new body where the body is actually lighting up in a way that can shine through the suit. It might, again might, be possible, but I'm still not sure how they could really do it. It would take a lot to make that happen and would be something completely new from anything anyone has done before. I'm not sure there is space for the electronic inside a regular very articulate human 1/6 figure body that would have lights all over it from head to toe, and I am not sure how you will be able to get to the batteries once you cover it with a skin tight irremovable costume. Not to mention the change to find a good fabric for a skin tight costume like this in 1/6 scale is difficult enough without having to find something where a purple light could be shined through some parts of a black costume without the light bleeding through other parts of a black costume. And even if they could figure out a way to do it, could they figure out something like this that was really cost effective to produce? I wouldn't bet on an actual light up figure for Black Panther's figure. But, hey, I would be happy to be surprised by it if I'm wrong.

I think they will just paint the body a metallic purple similar to BvS Superman metallic silver. Itll give that shine when it goes through the suit.

Last edited:

Translucent purple base body with hard, dark purple joints (safe way to make clear figures sturdy) and a centralized LED system which carries current through metal contacts on the joints allowing the chest, biceps, and thighs to glow? Single seam zipper down the back to access batteries? Seems doable IMO.

I've never been convinced by the waist oh the CW figure, although they tried to replicate the costume as you can see from the picture, I think they have gone too far. I hope the bust of this version will be movie accurate...From this teaser picture is not clear.
5FBA7D86-84B5-4E43-A454-6877E0C7FDD1.jpg

Yeah, the proportions look more natural and realistic on the solo movie costume. I hope this is reflected in the figure too.

Translucent purple base body with hard, dark purple joints (safe way to make clear figures sturdy) and a centralized LED system which carries current through metal contacts on the joints allowing the chest, biceps, and thighs to glow? Single seam zipper down the back to access batteries? Seems doable IMO.

I hope Hot Toys stays away from the crappy light up features no normal person will use anyway. Just make a normal figure and get it over with. No elaborate lights that will be unused 99 percent of the time. Plus the expense of doing it would just make the figure more expensive. Didn't they talk about doing a limb up green lantern from the movie too that never made it to production?

I hope Hot Toys stays away from the crappy light up features no normal person will use anyway. Just make a normal figure and get it over with. No elaborate lights that will be unused 99 percent of the time. Plus the expense of doing it would just make the figure more expensive. Didn't they talk about doing a limb up green lantern from the movie too that never made it to production?

Ever condescending with everything you say on here... No normal person would ever use it, huh? Well, if your miserable @$$ is "normal" i'm just fine being abnormal. I don't even know why you bother with this hobby because based on your general attitude on here, it doesn't seem like you get much satisfaction from it.

Last edited:

Ever condescending with everything you say on here... No normal person would ever use it, huh? Well, if your miserable @$$ is "normal" i'm just fine being abnormal. I don't even know why you bother with this hobby because based on your general attitude on here, it doesn't seem like you get much satisfaction from it.

I just don't think everyone should be saddled with the extra cost of lights and other unnecessary extra accessories that a few vocal People demand. No I don't think most people will be opening their display cabinets to fiddle with switches to light up a BP figure so they can get a few minutes of light. Not worth it. I don't see most people bothering with it after the first day of owning the figure so why should they have to pay for it? Make a normal figure BP with no unnecessary lights and it will be cheaper.

I'm on the side of no lights. Ultron should have had some visible eyes.

Man, I really don't need purple light up FX gimmicks for Black Panther. I'd really appreciate a properly articulated body and unmasked headsculpt.

There's no excuse for no Chadwick sculpt this time.

I would bet Hot Toys is well aware of this and I think we can almost count on getting one. I'm not at all worried we won't.

Hope they make more than just Panther too. The designs would make incredible figures.

I would bet Hot Toys is well aware of this and I think we can almost count on getting one. I'm not at all worried we won't.

I still don't understand the decision-making process with his figure in CW. I can only imagine it went something like this...

HT Exec 1: Hmm, okay let's give Ant-Man an unmasked head sculpt. After all, we pride our company in our movie-accuracy!

HT Exec 2: Well, what about Black Panther head sculpt?

HT Exec 1: It never happened in the movie!!!

HT Exec 2: My mistake. So back to Ant-Man?

HT Exec 1: Yeah, Ben Affleck did a killer job, didn't he?

:slap

Back