1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

I still don't understand the decision-making process with his figure in CW. I can only imagine it went something like this...

HT Exec 1: Hmm, okay let's give Ant-Man an unmasked head sculpt. After all, we pride our company in our movie-accuracy!

HT Exec 2: Well, what about Black Panther head sculpt?

HT Exec 1: It never happened in the movie!!!

HT Exec 2: My mistake. So back to Ant-Man?

HT Exec 1: Yeah, Ben Affleck did a killer job, didn't he?

:slap

:lol

I think it likely went more like this....

HT Exec 1: We need to do a Black Panther figure from Civil War, and we should have an unmasked head sculpt because he was in the movie.

HT Exec 2: No, no, no... If we give them that now they might not want to buy another Black Panther figure when we make one for a solo movie too. We'll just do a basic one now and then do another with the head sculpt and more accessories down the road and maybe we can double dip with some customers. Too many of our customers won't be able to resist having even a basic Black Panther now, and this way we can sell them another one later too.

HT Exec 1: Oh, yeah... what was I thinking?

:lol

I think it likely went more like this....

HT Exec 1: We need to do a Black Panther figure from Civil War, and we should have an unmasked head sculpt because he was in the movie.

HT Exec 2: No, no, no... If we give them that now they might not want to buy another Black Panther figure when we make one for a solo movie too. We'll just do a basic one now and then do another with the head sculpt and more accessories down the road and maybe we can double dip with some customers. Too many of our customers won't be able to resist having even a basic Black Panther now, and this way we can sell them another one later too.

HT Exec 1: Oh, yeah... what was I thinking?

Lol yeah, that's the most likely scenario, but there is still the mystery of why Ant-Man received a Ben Affleck headsculpt...

the-world-may-never-know.jpg

The suit looks like a more "grown up" version. Seems more mature and Panther like. Reveal the figure already! The hype train has left the station!

Partly glad the "purpling" is only on the activation phase of him donning the armour

Sent from a point in space and time

This suit is badass... Im glad I passed on the plain/generic CW one.

Not me; I like the amor? Detail? of the CW suit. Even if IMO the CW version was so stripped re any accessories/sculpt. Whether I get another BP is just gonna be a "wait and see" thing re the films.

I think I need a Dora Milaje to go with him if they make one.

Not me; I like the amor? Detail? of the CW suit. Even if IMO the CW version was so stripped re any accessories/sculpt. Whether I get another BP is just gonna be a "wait and see" thing re the films.

I think I need a Dora Milaje to go with him if they make one.

Killmonger please!

Suit looks good but wouldnt match my CW display so its a pass. I gotta stick with the plain CW BP(which I still really like).

Really hope this gets a reveal this week 🤞

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything yet.

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything yet.

Yea, I'm hoping we will see something in the next few weeks around the release of the movie.

Really hope this gets a reveal this week ��

I am eager to see it. Hopefully Hot Toys don't screw up and give it exposed ankle joints again.

Feb can't come fast enough. :gah:

mask-on-eyes-open-in-black-panther-poster.jpg
I wonder if we will get a sculpt with the eyes open on the mask and T'Challa's real eyes showing through behind?

What is the usual timeline from movie release to HT releasing images of the prototypes?

This should be revealed by now, with all the Infinity War characters coming they need to get this out. Three years ago they had announced 2 or 3 Avengers AOU figures by now and there was no movie in between now and the May opening like Black Panther

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FB_IMG_1517475162850.jpg
From a press conference. There was loads of stuff there. This was the only HT at it.

Back