1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Saw the movie, thought it was pretty good. But I still like the CW look more and will not be updating my CW BP.

Looks like BBTS preorder is sold out. Waited too long.

Looks like BBTS preorder is sold out. Waited too long.

Plenty of other places to pre-order it from still. If you watch BBTS they will cycle more in and out of stock as people cancel their orders.

Edit: If you're on the fence about a figure it's best to place an order with BBTS and decide later if you want to keep it or not since they don't generally charge a NRD.

Thanks. I was hoping that was the case. I’ll keep my eyes open at BBTS.

Finally pre-ordered. Saw the movie twice. Loved it. I also loved Black Panther in Civil War, but my plan all the long was to wait for the solo Panther movie release. I knew I would want a T'Challa unmasked head sculpt and I think they did a great job with that. I can appreciate why some may prefer the more intricate details of the CW costume, I liked those details; but the more subtle details on the solo movie version are nice too. But because I decided to wait and didn't buy the CW version, I am not choosing whether I want an "upgrade", so in some ways making a comparison is a moot point for me because if I want it new, this is the one available now; so I am not really choosing between two versions. Well, not anymore - I suppose I gambled on the solo movie version when I chose to pass on the CW one. But that's the way it goes, you sometimes have to choose between something "now" and some unknown down the line. It was a pretty safe bet though the solo movie would provide another iconic look, so I waited in hopes of a head sculpt and maybe a few more accessories. Anyway, I am more than happy to get this version of the character and have something to represent such a wonderful move. Not only do I like the head sculpt, but the uncovered eyes option for the mask is nice surprise I wasn't expecting to like too. I also think he fits a criteria I have of wanting a version of an MCU character which most reminds me of his or her iconic comic look too (not that the CW version doesn't meet that criteria too).

Plenty of other places to pre-order it from still. If you watch BBTS they will cycle more in and out of stock as people cancel their orders.

Edit: If you're on the fence about a figure it's best to place an order with BBTS and decide later if you want to keep it or not since they don't generally charge a NRD.

Someone in this thread posted they changed it to a $54 NRD after the first couple days it went up.

Odd if that’s the case. That they would charge a NRD in general and especially odd that it would be so high.

Yeah that's what I thought too. When I put my order in the first day it went live, there was no NRD as usual.

Finally pre-ordered. Saw the movie twice. Loved it. I also loved Black Panther in Civil War, but my plan all the long was to wait for the solo Panther movie release. I knew I would want a T'Challa unmasked head sculpt and I think they did a great job with that. I can appreciate why some may prefer the more intricate details of the CW costume, I liked those details; but the more subtle details on the solo movie version are nice too. But because I decided to wait and didn't buy the CW version, I am not choosing whether I want an "upgrade", so in some ways making a comparison is a moot point for me because if I want it new, this is the one available now; so I am not really choosing between two versions. Well, not anymore - I suppose I gambled on the solo movie version when I chose to pass on the CW one. But that's the way it goes, you sometimes have to choose between something "now" and some unknown down the line. It was a pretty safe bet though the solo movie would provide another iconic look, so I waited in hopes of a head sculpt and maybe a few more accessories. Anyway, I am more than happy to get this version of the character and have something to represent such a wonderful move. Not only do I like the head sculpt, but the uncovered eyes option for the mask is nice surprise I wasn't expecting to like too. I also think he fits a criteria I have of wanting a version of an MCU character which most reminds me of his or her iconic comic look too (not that the CW version doesn't meet that criteria too).

Pretty much same scenario for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prototype on show at Secret Base

38800261430_958db66fff_b_d.jpg

Just pre-orded this guy! Missed Civil War version but I like this suit, and love the solo movie itself. Just glad to be adding this guy in my collection. :yess:

I have been waiting to PO for a while now, and Sideshow is where I got him. I have been constantly checking there site waiting till iI could do the deposit, I never saw them take the PO down or put up a waitlist.

Love the movie and love the figure. Didn't really understand how the LED reflective suit worked until I caught up here and saw the videos I've missed. Nice that they made the effort but wish it was able to be done better. You really have to drench him in purple light for it to work, and it really drowns out the figure/display. Maybe it looks better in person than the videos & pics suggest.

And someone mentioned that the light units are made of cardboard? Is that confirmed?

Low key upset Panther is just getting two figures considering the absolutely unpresidented amount of money it brought it. First film since Avatar to be #1 for five weeks straight.

I hope Hot Toys uses this as an excuse to get some out for Infinity War.

New pics from weibo.com

Attachments

• IMG_4727.JPG
    IMG_4727.JPG
    570 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_4730.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG
    521.4 KB · Views: 567
Back