1/6 Hot Toys - MMS402/3 - Rogue One - Chirrut Imwe Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you guys are right. It was $140 when I bought it and the other figure i bought at the same time is still $140. But it’s actually only $160 plus shipping right now, not $170. Still a nice discount for a sold out figure.

I'm logged in and looking at the regular Chirrut right now and it shows $177...you're still seeing $160.

Banner's a good body.

I don't recall now what body I got for my custom Indy, it's been so long now, well over a year since I was supposed to put mine together.

EDIT: Just looked. Got the Solo body. That's how long...

I'm logged in and looking at the regular Chirrut right now and it shows $177...you're still seeing $160.

Yeah, $161 plus shipping. Or $177 shipped. Have you added to cart and selected US shipping? That knocks off Aussie taxes (I see $177 before shipping if I don’t do that).

fbab5e9083fb49d6b34619f30bfd3381.jpg

Man that is agreat deal. If i did not already have one i would be all over it. Trying to decide if i REALLY need another death trooper.

I think so. It's not the exchange rate flux because I saw the AUS value physically change on Chirrut.

It was 151 AUD which translates to 140 USD. Now its higher. BBTS also does this with dwindling stock; fewer they have sometimes the higher they raise the price.

Not sure what currency you were looking at, but $151 AUD would translate to $113 US (give or take a couple of dollars) at any point over the last few months.

$140 US would actually be around $185 AUD.

So that $161 US price paid above equals around $214 AUD.

Currently Chirrut is $177 US or $229.99 AUD, so yeah it's jumped up a few dollars.

I do a lot of local Popcultcha and international US purchasing, so one thing I know like the back of my hand is currency conversion rates. :)

I would buy everything from that site if I didnt have to pay customs fees on import

$140 US would actually be around $185 AUD.

I do a lot of local Popcultcha and international US purchasing, so one thing I know like the back of my hand is currency conversion rates. :)

Yeah? So what prices am I seeing on Popcultcha site that then convert to US in the cart?

Go to popcultcha now and look at The Hound for 154.01 AUD: https://www.popcultcha.com.au/game-of-thrones-sandor-clegane-the-hound-1-6th-scale-action-figure.html

Put it in your cart and convert to US: I get $140.01 (not from 185 AUD)

I don't know about conversion rates, all I know is I'm certain when I bought the Hound a few weeks ago it was $151.01 just like Chirrut was days before that... because I have a picture of my total ($140.01) that also shows another figure that was the same 151.01 price at that time as the Hound. I know that because I was looking at figures with that price knowing it would convert to $140.01 at that time (5-12-18).

Just in case it "changes" again, here's a screen shot of the Hound price 154 and the in cart conversion for $140.01 US.

20180529_104121.jpg

Last edited:
The Hound isn't 154 AUD it's 154 US on the site (and $199.99 AUD).

The site automatically detects your location (or what it believes is your location) and displays everything in that local currency, if it is one of the available options. So the $154 you are looking at initially is already $154 US. You can confirm this by looking at the displayed currency drop down next to 'safe and secure' at the top of the page.

When you add it to your cart the price changes to $140 because the shopping cart system removes the ten percent GST that international customers don't have to pay from the total, hence the slightly lower price.

The Hound isn't 154 AUD it's 154 US on the site (and $199.99 AUD).

The site automatically detects your location and displays everything in your local currency. So the $154 you are looking at initially is already $154 US.

When you add it to your cart the price changes to $140 because the shopping cart system removes the ten percent GST that international customers don't have to pay from the total, hence the slightly lower price.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh...

I did not know that. Strange because I never bookmarked Popcultcha so I never assumed they still pinged my location, just thought those were AUD prices and the US price converted when I adjusted for shipping like always. It even has the AU up in the corner making me think the prices are in AUD.

I stand corrected.

OK, but my prices still work for those in the US. :)

Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle. Apparently. :lol

I get why someone might be confused by it all, though. Especially with different prices in the cart than on the site. :)

Well thank you for setting me straight. Now I can simply subtract roughly 10% from their prices to know what it is rather than doing the cart conversion every time.

Wow - never got queued up for a website before
I cant imagine anything will be left when i get there...
bf0fb0f767102bc131d943878d6fa5d1.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well thank you for setting me straight. Now I can simply subtract roughly 10% from their prices to know what it is rather than doing the cart conversion every time.

I'd give a thumbs up smiley in response, but I couldn't find one, so here's this instead... :elefant

Are popcultcha items new? Prices are reasonable and so is shipping, for sold out figures. Should I be concerned?

Are popcultcha items new? Prices are reasonable and so is shipping, for sold out figures. Should I be concerned?

Yes, they're new. They're Aussies so you can trust them 100% :lol

No but seriously they are fine. I guess they are probably the main distributor in Australia and close to Asia, so seem to always have figures available. Lots of US people use them.

The website queue I've also seen before with them. I've never seen it on any other website. I guess they want their customers to have a good experience ??

Yes they’re new.

I’ve ordered a couple dozen figures from them.

The prices are reasonable for those in the US because of currency conversion and not having to pay tax.

They’re a pretty big store so they seem to have a very large inventory.

The prices for anything is a lot higher in the Australia so these collectibles seem to hand around longer.

Definitely nothing to worry about.

Im waiting my normal Chirrut shipped from Popcultcha..might be here next week

...might order K-2SO from them later too

Back