1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I don't buy 1/6 figures that are partially or fully masked. For me, it's that head sculpt that elevates it from toy to collectible status. I want to see the entire face of the character. Sometimes I find that masked figures look a bit cheaper. Too toy-like. But that's just me.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Now if they did a 2-pack BP like Captain America or Keaten/Bats, I'd be all over it.

Man, I really hope the details are captured in the HT figure. There's so much beauty in it. The "Suit should have a cloth-like look to it whereas the promo shots look like it's that shiny rubbery stuff ala the MoS Supes.

07c97b10d1f06c68-blackpanther8.jpg

amazing pic, I loved Black Panther's suit design, the weaving and texture they used is very much like kevlar weaving (vibranium for King T-Challa) Hopefully they do keep tweeking him, the fixes to dawn of justice Supes and Bats make those suits phenomenal and the recent pattern desing on Deadpool's gloves are very spot on to this

s-l1600 (22).jpg
marvel-deadpool-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902628.jpg

They did an amazing job with that suit. Unlike the traditional comic book look if the character, that suit looks bulletproof and knife proof and nuke proof lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Man, I really hope the details are captured in the HT figure. There's so much beauty in it. The "Suit should have a cloth-like look to it whereas the promo shots look like it's that shiny rubbery stuff ala the MoS Supes.

07c97b10d1f06c68-blackpanther8.jpg

Damn, the HT figure doesn't hold up to this. Thats sad

So what do they do with the eyes?

The eyes look different on this on-set photo. They look larger and more animated.

b456e3967991124efa897724273ba8f3.jpg

So what do they do with the eyes?

The eyes look different on this on-set photo. They look larger and more animated.

Thats probably the "action helmet". The other photo of the helmet is the "hero" version. In other words, they have helmets that are more suited for stunts (note the bigger eyes and probably lighter in material) and another for HQ press photos (magazines, posters etc.) and close-up shots within the film. This is fairly common in the Japanese Tokusatsu industry as well.

Sorry guys, that photo is of the actual costume. My point was to show the material on the figure needs to be "fixed" because anything less would be a disservice to the designers of the movie costume.

Damn? I thought they fixed the helmet. And suit details.

But do you guys see what I'm talking about? I think this is well with HotToys reach to perfect!

Thats probably the "action helmet". The other photo of the helmet is the "hero" version. In other words, they have helmets that are more suited for stunts (note the bigger eyes and probably lighter in material) and another for HQ press photos (magazines, posters etc.) and close-up shots within the film. This is fairly common in the Japanese Tokusatsu industry as well.
Oh thank you for the information. That's pretty awesome.

I might change my mind when people start to get this in hand, but I think I'll wait for the Black Panther movie version. I would like to have an unmasked head sculpt, and honestly I'd like a stand which was Black Panther themed rather than Civil War. I know that's probably not a priority for most people, it's not even a "priority" for me, but it is another added bonus of waiting if you are a Black Panther fan. I hope in his solo movie the costume doesn't change much, except for perhaps that short cape he sometimes wears.

I might change my mind when people start to get this in hand, but I think I'll wait for the Black Panther movie version. I would like to have an unmasked head sculpt, and honestly I'd like a stand which was Black Panther themed rather than Civil War. I know that's probably not a priority for most people, it's not even a "priority" for me, but it is another added bonus of waiting if you are a Black Panther fan. I hope in his solo movie the costume doesn't change much, except for perhaps that short cape he sometimes wears.

I usually buy two of every figure. I've made exceptions for some releases and straight up passed on some (like AoU cap, avengers 1 hulk and Thor) because I know there'll be a better one in a year or so. I'll admit that the hype got to me and POed BP...but I was strong enough to only want one. He's gonna have an updated figure that'll be an improvement over this one. The second release will be the one I get two of.

From the movie I understood that the King is not normally the black panther, the tribes strongest warrior is. In this case the strongest warrior just happened to be the Kings Son
So does the Black Panther have special abilities or something because he was too strong and agile to be a normal man. He could move like Cap and Bucky and similar strength to them and they were given the Super Soldier treatment.

I know this isn't the right place to ask, I made a thread in the props/statues forum also.

Does anyone know of a company/manufacturer that is making and selling replicas of Black Panthers helmet from the movie?

So does the Black Panther have special abilities or something because he was too strong and agile to be a normal man. He could move like Cap and Bucky and similar strength to them and they were given the Super Soldier treatment.
Upon becoming the black panther he surely had to eat from the heart shaped herb that gives the panther heightened physical traits as we as senses and boosted immune system. He's a strong enough fighter to overpower cap and wolverine. And has enough martial prowess to stalemate iron fist.

I know this isn't the right place to ask, I made a thread in the props/statues forum also.

Does anyone know of a company/manufacturer that is making and selling replicas of Black Panthers helmet from the movie?
Xcoser. You can search on amazon. It's on there right one there is a LED version and a regular version

Back