1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realise Spiderman was popular in Australia....
Do Southern hemisphere countries count as Western? :p

13015602_10153476393857344_2870252991289931650_n.jpg

Oh yes Ms.Spangles. Keep posting those pics. 😎

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wonder if the "necklace" is plastic or rubber. Looks fragile.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He looks seriously awesome! This will probably be the only Team Iron Man member I get from this line. Really looking forward to adding him to my collection. :yess:

He looks great...though are we sure it just doesn't look more metallic due to the lighting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I read in a financial article (sorry can't remember the source) about superhero merchandising and the article stated Spider-man is the most popular superhero worldwide. Total Spider-man merchandising outsells every other character including Batman and Superman by a wide margin. Some characters may sell better in different markets, but when profits are totaled, Spidey is #1. When I was in Tokyo, I was surprised to see Spider-man hawking all kinds of cheap wares there.

Spidey is Marvel's best selling character around the world. His merchandise sells practically everywhere

Spiderman is the top selling comic character for merch, DC or marvel. Forbes publishes a licensing article with a study every year or two. But his sales and what drives all of the top 10 is because of kids and kids geared items. Despite how popular spiderman is, in total merch he's pretty far behind. Angry birds, monsters(those creepy girl dolls), Thomas the train, Disney princess, Dora and a couple others are all ahead of Spiderman. But as far ahead as spiderman was five or six years ago..the last two reports done have avengers as the top merch. Which is funny because there wasn't even an "avengers" licensing deal until six years ago. They where just lumped in with marvel as a whole.

Anyway...spiderman is popular, but the bulk of his merch is aimed at younger audiences. Which is why he's done so well the last 20 years in merchandise and licensing. Avengers have caught up though. It's just a very small sample size so most people still credit Spiderman as the top of the list. And he could easily regain it. But that doesn't mean he's the top of the 1:6 or adult market. The last two spiderman figures didn't sell super well. They did good numbers, but not great. So how the next figure sells is not easy to predict. Not yet anyway. I'm sure it will do good numbers, just how good is the question mark I suppose.

Here's a good article about licensing. Gives you an idea how things stack up.

Which Superhero Earns $1.3 Billion a Year? - Hollywood Reporter

Last edited:
He looks great...though are we sure it just doesn't look more metallic due to the lighting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm curious about this too. I saw a few group shots where the trim looked close to the proto pics and not as vibrant as we see here.

He continues to look impressive on screen. That new clip from a few days ago :clap :yess:

Spiderman is the top selling comic character for merch, DC or marvel. Forbes publishes a licensing article with a study every year or two. But his sales and what drives all of the top 10 is because of kids and kids geared items. Despite how popular spiderman is, in total merch he's pretty far behind. Angry birds, monsters(those creepy girl dolls), Thomas the train, Disney princess, Dora and a couple others are all ahead of Spiderman. But as far ahead as spiderman was five or six years ago..the last two reports done have avengers as the top merch. Which is funny because there wasn't even an "avengers" licensing deal until six years ago. They where just lumped in with marvel as a whole.

Anyway...spiderman is popular, but the bulk of his merch is aimed at younger audiences. Which is why he's done so well the last 20 years in merchandise and licensing. Avengers have caught up though. It's just a very small sample size so most people still credit Spiderman as the top of the list. And he could easily regain it. But that doesn't mean he's the top of the 1:6 or adult market. The last two spiderman figures didn't sell super well. They did good numbers, but not great. So how the next figure sells is not easy to predict. Not yet anyway. I'm sure it will do good numbers, just how good is the question mark I suppose.

Here's a good article about licensing. Gives you an idea how things stack up.

Which Superhero Earns $1.3 Billion a Year? - Hollywood Reporter

Yes however. Spider-Man products like statues and 1/6 scale figures always sell out. After this movie drops and when the hot toys Spider-Man figure is revealed it will sell like hot cakes. The reason why asm and asm2 toys didn't fly off the shelves was cuz of the how people saw the movie. This is mcu spidey and they got big plans for him. He's not even in the marketing cuz people they were probably afraid he'd outshine cap and people would flock to the movie just to see him.

I wouldn't underestimate Spider-Man's popularity in Asia.

Japan made a Spider-Man show. Spider-Man is referenced in many Japanese media. Not saying iron man ain't popular but I only see him being huge in like China. Spidey is a worldwide phenomenon. He's supes and bat level.

Japan made a Spider-Man show. Spider-Man is referenced in many Japanese media. Not saying iron man ain't popular but I only see him being huge in like China. Spidey is a worldwide phenomenon. He's supes and bat level.

SPIDERMAN AND LEOPARDON!!!
4851232-9870224700-n6uFA.jpg

Back