1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to give those a comparison later as I never really looked for height differences. I think it was a few weeks back I checked due to someone mentioning it, but none of my Uncle Bobs have any rot on their clothing. I think it was the belts? I don't recall.

Yeah, the DX10 belts. I think a few folks have their rot. One of mine rotted as well. The leather seems thick enough to hold though.

Yeah, the DX10 belts. I think a few folks have their rot. One of mine rotted as well. The leather seems thick enough to hold though.

It's really a lottery with clothing rotting when it comes to HT.

Although you can bet your house every ED 209 will crack. I don't know if you saw it, but mine is doing the same goddamn thing now.

It's really a lottery with clothing rotting when it comes to HT.

Although you can bet your house every ED 209 will crack. I don't know if you saw it, but mine is doing the same goddamn thing now.

While I haven't yet seen cracking I am suspicious that the dome is starting to peel back from the edges. Nice one Hot Toys. After how many years of complaints about the original release? But Hot Toys knows best.

As for disintegrating belts - yep, both MMS117 and DX10. The DX10 ones are harder wearing I think but given the right conditions they get ****ed up pretty badly aswell such as the one I got from a seller in Malaysia.

While I haven't yet seen cracking I am suspicious that the dome is starting to peel back from the edges. Nice one Hot Toys. After how many years of complaints about the original release? But Hot Toys knows best.

As for disintegrating belts - yep, both MMS117 and DX10. The DX10 ones are harder wearing I think but given the right conditions they get ****ed up pretty badly aswell such as the one I got from a seller in Malaysia.

I remember that. Did you ever sort it out with koeloon?

Mine I can't tell if the edges were peeling or it was like that right out of the box because it's the only way I remember it. I do remember that there was a big scratch mark on one side of it, but I got over it.

Now the cracks is spreading from the front right side and it's popping up in random spots everywhere else. I think I remember Doggiedoc was going to try and make a replacement. I almost want to just get it off my hands and sell it at a discount.

I'll need to check the DX10 belts too today.

im keeping my preorder, but i think HT is not in the right path, they must do all the figures in the same scale....
i still want a picture of "andre" with the old endo together :)

Ah crap. I really wanted this. I could live with the inaccuracies but unless this is the endo of Andre the Giant, it has no place in my Terminator collection. What were they thinking? :slap

32519364313_26f2eac1d2_c.jpg

those summer glau customs are awesome my friend.

I think it will be up to us as Terminator fans to create a 1/6 diecast terminator. We can do it, we just need to pool our talents from this forum.

P. can be the design engineer as I think we can all agree he has the keen eye of detail.

I can do the airbrushing to give it a nice chrome finish and I can do the wiring for the LED eyes

Anyone who is good at casting parts and getting them diecast?

This could be the start of a new company, we can call it.....What Hot Toys Should Have done LOL

im keeping my preorder, but i think HT is not in the right path, they must do all the figures in the same scale....
i still want a picture of "andre" with the old endo together :)

I reaaaaaly want one, but that was the last straw.

those summer glau customs are awesome my friend.

Thanks man! :)

I think it will be up to us as Terminator fans to create a 1/6 diecast terminator. We can do it, we just need to pool our talents from this forum.

P. can be the design engineer as I think we can all agree he has the keen eye of detail.

I can do the airbrushing to give it a nice chrome finish and I can do the wiring for the LED eyes

Anyone who is good at casting parts and getting them diecast?

This could be the start of a new company, we can call it.....What Hot Toys Should Have done LOL

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) a few customs proposals had came up over the years, but everyone agreed that an Endo would be very, very expensive.

They have a complete 1/6 T1 endo prototype on the shelf. Sure they could squander all that R&D because this T:G endo doesn't perform well, but give HT some credit. They know T:G wasn't well received but released this endo anyway. They also know T1/T2 are timeless classics that will always have a built-in fanbase, just like the OT Star Wars. I believe they released this TG endo first to coincide with release of the movie, but unfortunately for them, the project took too long and the movie tanked. But with every good company, they take their lumps with their triumphs. Believe me, HT does not want to sacrifice their classic/cult movie fanbase. We will see the T1 endo one day. Just a question of when.

I'm not ignoring what they have accomplished here. This endo took a lot of engineering to create. Where we disagree is that I don't think HT will ever create a T1/T2 endo. In fact, I bet they're done with Termibator all together after how poorly this guy sells. They don't care about their "classic/cult" movie fan base anymore. For the thousand terminator fans they may have lost they gained a million Star Wars and Iron man fans. It's all about what sells, and apparently it's $400 iron man dolls and storm troopers.

I'm not ignoring what they have accomplished here. This endo took a lot of engineering to create. Where we disagree is that I don't think HT will ever create a T1/T2 endo. In fact, I bet they're done with Termibator all together after how poorly this guy sells. They don't care about their "classic/cult" movie fan base anymore. For the thousand terminator fans they may have lost they gained a million Star Wars and Iron man fans. It's all about what sells, and apparently it's $400 iron man dolls and storm troopers.
Only time will tell. I look at somewhat recent and upcoming releases from properties like Commando, BttF, Alien, RoboCop, etc. that there's always a glimmer of hope HT will still do other popular classics like the original endo. Like Jell-O, there's always room for more Terminator. Not sure how well their past endos have sold, but if this one doesn't end up doing well, maybe they chalk it up to being a redesign from an unpopular movie and move on to give the fans what they really want. Until then, this one will have to serve as a placeholder, new design and giganticism and all. :lol

Your optimistic outlook is borderline hallucinogenic.
I salute you.

Thanks? :wink1:

I mean, they have that 1/6 OG endo prototype they teased from, like, 2012. They gotta put that out someday, right? RIGHT?? :pray: Hell, they're finally putting out the Arkham Asylum Joker from that same teaser, so...

psrez.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Everybody is bitching about the size of the thing. I dislike it too, however it seems this was already known from the start. I quote from page 6 of this same topic:

Here one can see the size differences already.

About the black shoulder thing. It's weird.

Chronicles doesn't have it:
Chronicle-Terminator-Genisys-T-800-Endoskeleton-Life-Size-004.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvif8FetV-0

A lifesize (not sure if it's a Chronicles?) has it during one of the premieres:
f9e8d4af6ef8063c413ee35398631ca5.jpg

Other premiere endo doesn't have it:
ARNOLD-Schwarzenegger-poses-with-a-Terminator-replica-at-the-premiere-of-Terminator-Genisys-in-H.jpg

Entertainment Weekly doesn't have it:
T-800-Endoskeleton-Genisys.jpg

T-800-Endoskeleton-Airfield.jpg

Movie promo photos don't have it:
TERMINATOR-GENISYS-USA-TODAY.jpg
t800.jpg

Back