1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate that thing. Cameron's whole notion in the first film was the Terminator could wield two handed firearms with one, because it was that strong. Having it carry this giant humidifier with two hands looks dumb IMO.

right.

rsb80.7.jpg

the only future terminator Cameron shows in the first film... uses a giant humidifier with two hands.

The Genisys endo was reworked almost completely by top CG artist Vitaly Bulgarov. I don't think there's a single piece that's the same as on the original.

https://bulgarov.com/t5.html

Even he acknowledges it was basically a pointless endeavour. I don't think he did too badly all things considered.

Wow, I did not know that. Now that you put it like that, it's just a dumb redesign for the sake of it, they didn't took advantage of the "infiltrator/combat machine" concept at all.

Take TSCC for example, the producers were prohibited to use the T-800 or it's designs in the show so they came up with the T-888 which is a upgraded T-800 in many ways.

For example, the designers noticed that the T-800 is susceptible to attacks from behind, so the 888 has armored plating.

Should the T-888 come into close contact with humans, or is incapacitated (such as the spine broken), it can use it's thighs (which now has blades) to decapitate humans.

latest

I love these kinds of redesigns because they weren't just messing with the lore, they had no choice due to copyright so might as well introduce some logical upgrades.

Hong Kong dealers are already cutting the price of this.
It isn't selling at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's convenient, because after seeing the pics posted earlier I'm now pretty set on getting this if I see a good deal down the line.

Will need to find a 1/6 plasma rifle from somewhere though, no way I'm displaying it with that abomination of a gun it comes with.

Wow, I did not know that. Now that you put it like that, it's just a dumb redesign for the sake of it, they didn't took advantage of the "infiltrator/combat machine" concept at all.

Take TSCC for example, the producers were prohibited to use the T-800 or it's designs in the show so they came up with the T-888 which is a upgraded T-800 in many ways.

For example, the designers noticed that the T-800 is susceptible to attacks from behind, so the 888 has armored plating.

Should the T-888 come into close contact with humans, or is incapacitated (such as the spine broken), it can use it's thighs (which now has blades) to decapitate humans.

latest

I love these kinds of redesigns because they weren't just messing with the lore, they had no choice due to copyright so might as well introduce some logical upgrades.

Huh, I didn't know about that. Really need to get around to watching TSCC at some point.

Huh, I didn't know about that. Really need to get around to watching TSCC at some point.

Yeah, my point is that if you're going to redesign something classic, might as well do something meaningful with it. If a cheap ass TV show had to work hard fit in under the constraints of copyright, then a 200mil film should not just piss on the designs just for the heck of it. :lol

Yeah, my point is that if you're going to redesign something classic, might as well do something meaningful with it. If a cheap ass TV show had to work hard fit in under the constraints of copyright, then a 200mil film should not just piss on the designs just for the heck of it. :lol
one thing in new design was absolutely logical: replacing sharp edges of knees with smoother ones. not that i like it, but i cannot argue that the idea is a lot better.
but then... why not do the same for elbows?

also, if they redesigned it anyway, they could give his groin servos some type of connection that wouldn't limit articulation completely.

t800_15.jpg

a terminator, including the classic one, can never rise his leg to the side.

Neca solved the problem perfectly. but movie designer, who changed many original win parts, didn't change one fail thing, though the idea is already present.

Cool video. You can see in the vid the shoulders are not painted black but more grayish and blends well with the metallic paint. Kinda weird HT painted it black.

The 1:1 scale Genisys Endoskeleton I got from Chronicle does not have black parts. The metal may be a darker shade of grey, but nothing is black.

right.

rsb80.7.jpg

the only future terminator Cameron shows in the first film... uses a giant humidifier with two hands.

But that doesn't have a pistol grip... that rifle uses a handle and would be impossible to keep still since it's not a matter of strengh, but physics. He would HAVE to hold the barrel to keep the shots down range. Not to mention, that's twice the length of the Spas-12 and AR-18.

But that doesn't have a pistol grip...
ok.

Terminator-Genisys-Terminator-Endoskeleton-Plasma-Gun-3.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

that emotion on a robot who doesn't usually have emotions.

03.jpg

original.jpg

John Connor said:
it's definitely you.

xk0gmJ.gif

Having it carry this giant humidifier with two hands looks dumb IMO.

fail.gif

note that i'm a gynysys hater not just because the movie was dumb and all ideas were dumb, but also especially because they stole and spoiled all the scenes from unfilmed T2 beginning sequence.
but i cannot say anything against a terminator using an anti-vehicle, anti-buildings cannon for a gun.

You got me P. Well played. No, really.

The design is stupid. It's one thing to have it hold it with two hands, but those dumb Endos look all boxed in holding it and it's just to damn long and looks silly. It's too long for that type of grip style.

You got me P. Well played. No, really.
:duff

The design is stupid. It's one thing to have it hold it with two hands, but those dumb Endos look all boxed in holding it and it's just to damn long and looks silly. It's too long for that type of grip style.
with that i agree completely. it looks like it came from some japanese cartoon. looking good for them, but so out of place on a terminator.

1baf794c452153b3c659d7007ef90eae.jpg

37409_4.jpg

wait, after this image i don't think it's a coincidence. it really is an anime gun.

No idea what this dude is saying but it looks awesome in this video.
No regrets on my preorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back