1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just makes me want Toybiz back. [emoji13]

OH MAN TOYBIZ!!!
I remember when the X-Men cartoon hit and the X-Men and Marvel figures started coming out! One of my best friends and I were going all over the place in Staten Island, Brooklyn and New Jersey to find and collect all of them! I got Deadpool with that dinky little spring loaded "knife" in his hand from the Sears Christmas Catalogue in a, I wanna say 4 pack of figures. I ordered like 3 or 4 of the pack, opening only one for display an posing while keeping the other duplicates in their packages. I did that all the time back then....it's a little too pricey to do that with Hot Toys now though. LOL
I even have, Mint in the package, the "talking" Venom which was just the same Venom figure but with a backpack that had a couple of sayings. They pulled the Venom one because he said "DIE, SPIDER-MAN!" and "I WANT TO EAT YOUR BRAIN!" and hissed.
I have ALL of my ToyBiz figures opened and duplicates mint in their packages in storage still. Soon as I can get them, I'll probably end up putting up the sealed in package duplicates for sale or on eBay....NOW is the time I was saving them for!!

Oh and IT'S SHIPPED!!!

J

I started this hobby with Spider-Man classics and the articulation for that time blew me away! I remember seeing a bunch of series 6 Deadpools in an end cap at Walmart for $8. I only picked up a couple but I should've clean them out. Still one of my favorite figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know i'm a little behind the mark on this one, but the Merc with a mouth is in the house. In all honesty, he's only a giant accessory for "The Steel" whenever that comes out (Damm you Toys Era) ��
He looks good, but im disappointed HT included only the flight stand.
Is there any way to tell if its a gen 1 or gen 2? I got it off ebay (Thank you Michael Dempsey) so im not sure. The hands seem a little wide around the wrists but just to be sure, i left em a little off just in case.

15940543_10158083814265188_6716070937072227613_n.jpg

15965454_10158083814390188_6050462345811524812_n (2).jpg

15894947_10158083814535188_6112986230302847455_n.jpg

One way to tell is if the sleeve fabric is underneath the ball peg in the wrist or if the sleeve stops before the ball peg. All gen 1's I have seen have had sleeves that can potentially reveal the arm underneath.

I received a gen 2 off of eBay and still did the wrist widening trick, just to be on the safe side.

Earlier today I bought a MIB Deadpool from a fellow board member for pretty close to retail price. He should be here Saturday, glad to have found a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mine and my wife's Deadpool arrived today! Thankfully not a thing wrong with the wrists. Upon close in-hand inspection, it looks like the ball is a slight bit bigger with a slight bit bigger peg too. I plan to do a full review over the weekend I'll post here.
I have to say though, and my wife agrees, this figure has to be one of the best Hot Toys has put out yet. Pictures do not do it justice. If you have the chance to nab one, nab it. You won't regret it!

J

Mine and my wife's Deadpool arrived today! Thankfully not a thing wrong with the wrists. Upon close in-hand inspection, it looks like the ball is a slight bit bigger with a slight bit bigger peg too. I plan to do a full review over the weekend I'll post here.
I have to say though, and my wife agrees, this figure has to be one of the best Hot Toys has put out yet. Pictures do not do it justice. If you have the chance to nab one, nab it. You won't regret it!

J

Yup. By far one of the best. I had to nab a second one. I only worry about the suit.

He looks good, but im disappointed HT included only the flight stand.

You don't need a regular stand; the metal pole on the flight stand sticks to the magnetic spot on the figure's back, even with the scabbard attached. It's a loose hold but it gets the job done; I still haven't even attached the waist grabber for the flight stand. I'd argue it's even better than a standard crotch-grabber if you don't mind the pole being visible, because you can have more dynamic poses and bend the pole to stay stuck to the back.

For anyone worried about how the suit will hold up under stress, Im receiving a replacement body because mine was defective on the knee so in anticipation of returning this body I put it in an extreme pose until I have to send it back, will let you know how it holds in that pose for a few weeks. I would never keep figures like ant man with the arms bent because the rubber piece where the elbow bends gets stuck to itself but I did want to see if dead pools suit fabric would stick to itself after a while.

love that shoppping cart too! never seen one before! that's awesome!

I found it at a flea market for $2. It was given away as a promotional item for a grocery store opening. At least that is what the guy who sold it to me said.
It is pretty neat and the place where kids sit works and everything.

Ebay search turns up all kinds.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1%2F6+metal+shopping+cart.TRS0&_nkw=1%2F6+metal+shopping+cart&_sacat=0

EDIT:
This is the one like mine.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Novelty-Mini-Desktop-Shopping-Cart-toy-Realistic-Trolley-Toy-Metal-Material-NEW-/391443106323?hash=item5b23d3ca13:g:pUQAAOSwr41XH85V

Found this:lol

https://youtu.be/Jc1sbhbMc28

Wow. Looks like a demo tape for an internship position at Laika.

Let's hope if Deadpool and this incarnation of Black Widow ever cross paths on the big screen they don't let their past relationship interfere. They should play it up for the sake of the film. Deadpool looks straight at the screen and says. "That ****** nugget Reynolds hit dat so technically I hit dat." Then he stoops down to her butt level and says. "How do you break up with dat a$$? He must be a leg man." :rotfl

Back