1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Optibotimus! looking forward to this now, I was so close to cancelling, haha

I don't know if this has been talked about anymore (i haven't paid much attention to the thread lately) but i talked to one of the higher ups at Sideshow. They got confirmation this week that YES...Hot Toys has fixed the wrists :) I specifically asked if i was allowed to say this as a "official" sort of thing and i was told "sure"...so there you guys go.

Oh my bad, I misread and thought you said a CS rep. Not one of the head honchos. Well that's good to hear then. I'm curious about what they did.

Nothing really to find out as i told you it was confirmed that the wrists were fixed. Not sure what the fix is exactly but i would imagine the ones that were sent to Sideshow are the fixed ones and not mixed in with another batch. If you have ones that have problems with the wrists, (which i guess is possible), i'd say contact Sideshow and request a replacement.

The problem is that there are others that say something completely different..multiple sideshow reps have said the exact opposite. If there was an official push to fix any perceived major issue then both hot toys and sideshow would put something out publicly. Otherwise why do it? People who cancel are not going to stop just because a couple people online say it will be fixed. Not if the companies selling the product don't put anything official out. I can screen grab what a friend of mine at sideshow told me two weeks ago after I asked and she said there was no "recall". And the same from a hot toys person. If this isn't delayed by a couple months there's no chance they recall thousands of these to fix. And I don't mean the standard sideshow delay. If they show up at sideshow within two months of the Hong Kong release there's no chance they where recalled to be fixed.

Completely guessing and just thinking out loud so don't quote me. Maybe it was something that was caught early during the production process and they changed something but a small batch got thru wilth no changes :dunno.

Factory fix or not i'm still really looking forward to this

Completely guessing and just thinking out loud so don't quote me. Maybe it was something that was caught early during the production process and they changed something but a small batch got thru wilth no changes :dunno.

I agree.

Also, it's possible that this was part of the reason for the delay along with that shipping company going under.

But like you said, either way I'm excited for it.

Not too sure about that. Didnt deanknight on youtube get replacements with the same problem? Just didnt come AS bad but still had wrist problems. Cause if he wanted a replacement because of wrists wouldnt Hot Toys or whoever give him the new and IMPROVED batch to calm everyone down?

Moar pics

Wonder how ppls suits are holding up. Those who got it upon HK release. Hope everything's ok

Mines fine, besides the small amount of wrist damage under the gloves. Haven't really posed mine though as space doesn't allow for too many dynamic poses.

Curious to see if they actually have fixed the issue. Can't see it personally though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS has Deadpool right now. It does say it's substandard condition though not sure what that means exactly besides it saying the boxes are beat up.

So can someone fill me in, what's the best solution so far for the wrist problem?

So can someone fill me in, what's the best solution so far for the wrist problem?

Stretch out the gauntlet of the hands to avoid rubbing on the suit.

Heat the hands in very hot water to soften the plastic, use the end of a marker pen or wooden spoon (basically something larger than the hole already is) then place them in cold water to keep desired size.

Many have also glued the edges of the wrist but I chose not to.

Clipperking did a video on YouTube which explains it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got sideshow email, my wait-list statics will convert tomorrow... niiiice
i joined wait-list on august 26th

Not too sure about that. Didnt deanknight on youtube get replacements with the same problem? Just didnt come AS bad but still had wrist problems. Cause if he wanted a replacement because of wrists wouldnt Hot Toys or whoever give him the new and IMPROVED batch to calm everyone down?

:goodpost:

And not only did it have wrist damage as well it had a backwards holster. lol Yesh.

The problem is that there are others that say something completely different..multiple sideshow reps have said the exact opposite. If there was an official push to fix any perceived major issue then both hot toys and sideshow would put something out publicly. Otherwise why do it? People who cancel are not going to stop just because a couple people online say it will be fixed. Not if the companies selling the product don't put anything official out. I can screen grab what a friend of mine at sideshow told me two weeks ago after I asked and she said there was no "recall". And the same from a hot toys person. If this isn't delayed by a couple months there's no chance they recall thousands of these to fix. And I don't mean the standard sideshow delay. If they show up at sideshow within two months of the Hong Kong release there's no chance they where recalled to be fixed.

Except your 2 week old screen shots would be a week later than when it was conveyed to them. I'm not going to "name drop" or in this case "title drop" because i don't need to. But a lot of what you wrote is pure speculation. You're assuming that if they don't delay this several months that there is no chance that this is being fixed. There is a lot we don't know behind the scenes and you can't just wildly assume things. It's entirely possible that they knew this was a problem but didn't think it was going to be as bad, so they released what they did thinking it wouldn't cause much of a problem...all the while they were fixing the issue behind the scenes. So that when they fill their order for Sideshow, it wouldn't even remotely be a problem. That is just speculation as well. All i'm telling you is that my contact in Sideshow told me that Hot Toys confirmed to them last week that the wrists were fixed. From that point on, the decision on things is up to the customer. But that being said..this community online for things is much smaller than the buying community as a whole. Most don't even know about this problem outside of the relatively small sixth scale community. There is no real need to put out some kind of press statement when it doesn't affect the entire buying market.

boom.jpg

Except your 2 week old screen shots would be a week later than when it was conveyed to them. I'm not going to "name drop" or in this case "title drop" because i don't need to. But a lot of what you wrote is pure speculation. You're assuming that if they don't delay this several months that there is no chance that this is being fixed. There is a lot we don't know behind the scenes and you can't just wildly assume things. It's entirely possible that they knew this was a problem but didn't think it was going to be as bad, so they released what they did thinking it wouldn't cause much of a problem...all the while they were fixing the issue behind the scenes. So that when they fill their order for Sideshow, it wouldn't even remotely be a problem. That is just speculation as well. All i'm telling you is that my contact in Sideshow told me that Hot Toys confirmed to them last week that the wrists were fixed. From that point on, the decision on things is up to the customer. But that being said..this community online for things is much smaller than the buying community as a whole. Most don't even know about this problem outside of the relatively small sixth scale community. There is no real need to put out some kind of press statement when it doesn't affect the entire buying market.

Seriously though, thank you big time for clearing that up. It's nice to have a credible source parting the fog on this one -- it's been a real monkey toss on here lately. :duff

I don't have as much of an extensive knowledge of Hot Toys history as some of you, but what are some examples in the past where Hot Toys (1) publicly admitted there were problems with a release and (2) actually corrected the issue?

I know in the last few years, two prominent issues I can think of are ED-209 v2.0 (same cracking issues as the original) and HT Gamora (fragile arms/elbows that break & rip the rubber skin). I don't recall anything mentioned "officially" by Hot Toys about those issues.

Back