1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I usually say that, it's more that I was on the fence of buying it and the fact that the movie was enjoyable helped in deciding on getting it.

That being said... I liked the film so I'll PO this soon :lol

I'm with Bransen. It was a figure I was on the fence about because all the Civil War stuff will be hitting soon. It's a great figure and after seeing the movie a 2nd time, I went for it and ordered it.

I'm with Bransen. It was a figure I was on the fence about because all the Civil War stuff will be hitting soon. It's a great figure and after seeing the movie a 2nd time, I went for it and ordered it.

Exactly. Plus we need to fill the void of new figures since CW stuff, most of it anyway, won't come out till next year. This figure will probably be shipping in Sept, so Happy Birthday to me! :lol

Well, I feel the need to fess up. So, I am a 30 year old adult man with a wife and children and a job and a mortgage and adult things. I'm the youngest of 3 kids and the only boy. When I was a kid I used to love going shopping with my mother, and my mom loved to buy toys for me, but also because she thought that the toys of the the times were amazing and she enjoyed them too. My mother still occasionally likes to call me up and say "prize day!" and show up with a lego set or other toys or what not. I mean, I can't complain she loves doing it. She was over not too long ago dropping off toys for my kids and she went into my nerd room to see how it was looking and saw all of my Hot Toys. Next thing I know she bought me TDW Armored Thor. She caught me looking at Deadpool on my phone when he was first announced and PO'd it before I knew it, her excuse was she wanted to use her reward points. Of course I feel guilty, but it makes her happy that she gets to continue what we did years ago. Of course it goes two ways, but still. Anyway, just felt I had to mention all of this for some reason.

Its nice that you have your mom to share your hobby with, most of the time family/friends criticize or make jokes about this kind of hobby, but when a they encourages you and enjoy the hobby along side you its a great feeling.

Well, I feel the need to fess up. So, I am a 30 year old adult man with a wife and children and a job and a mortgage and adult things. I'm the youngest of 3 kids and the only boy. When I was a kid I used to love going shopping with my mother, and my mom loved to buy toys for me, but also because she thought that the toys of the the times were amazing and she enjoyed them too. My mother still occasionally likes to call me up and say "prize day!" and show up with a lego set or other toys or what not. I mean, I can't complain she loves doing it. She was over not too long ago dropping off toys for my kids and she went into my nerd room to see how it was looking and saw all of my Hot Toys. Next thing I know she bought me TDW Armored Thor. She caught me looking at Deadpool on my phone when he was first announced and PO'd it before I knew it, her excuse was she wanted to use her reward points. Of course I feel guilty, but it makes her happy that she gets to continue what we did years ago. Of course it goes two ways, but still. Anyway, just felt I had to mention all of this for some reason.
That is just simply awesome. Moms are the best! It is tough to find people who support this hobby in ones life. But when you do its just great fun. I find it no different to buying other material stuff. As long as you can afford it.

Saw the movie... Liked it. But fortunately for my wallet not enough to get the figure ha I don't see it as the "best comic-book movie ever" like a lot of people do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I def. pre-ordered this with points. I think what a lot of people enjoyed about this movie was the fact that it was different. Wasn't my favorite comic book movie but it was a breath of fresh air and a great theater experience. I hope they move forward with an R-rated X-Force movie.

As an adult male middle child with an older brother and a younger sister (worst combo -- with admitted bias), I have equal parts raging jealousy and bitter resentment towards this hahaha. *runs off and cries*

As an adult male middle child with an older brother and a younger sister (worst combo -- with admitted bias), I have equal parts raging jealousy and bitter resentment towards this hahaha. *runs off and cries*

Haha, sorry man, my mom is an awesome lady. Actually because of her I'm currently in the end of planning stages of opening up my own toy store. Now it's on to the fun part, paperwork! Anyway, sorry to hi-jack. Deadpool, he is the thing for here...now.

$234? That definitely sealed me getting this over the SSC original for $229. I loved this movie, I hope we get Colossus and Negasonic from them too.

All I can say is.....your one lucky dude! Mom are the greatest :duff

Finally saw this last night.

Deadpool is this generation's Ben Hur.

I'm pretty sure Charlton Heston says this at some point during the movie.

02-Deadpool.gif

:lol

Congrats!!
My Dad was always like that with me up until he passed, and my wife since we were dating has been that way with me and she's now into collecting these and PO'd this for me a few weeks ago. It's a great thing, don't be ashamed! Not gunna be a Debbie-Downer and get into my own "family's" shortcomings, so I'll just say cherish that your mom is like that with you. Trust me. :panic:

J

My Mother played a huge part in my collecting life from a young age; there was always something we would hunt for together. We had a bit of a lull as I went through teenage years and my focus was more on videogame merchandise, but as I aged and appreciated more licenses she liked too it returned. I got her into Funko Pops as a mother's day gift a few years back. So that's her and my shared aspect of the collecting hobby now. She appreciates my high end stuff when she gets to see it though, so that's really fun too.

My Mother played a huge part in my collecting life from a young age; there was always something we would hunt for together. We had a bit of a lull as I went through teenage years and my focus was more on videogame merchandise, but as I aged and appreciated more licenses she liked too it returned. I got her into Funko Pops as a mother's day gift a few years back. So that's her and my shared aspect of the collecting hobby now. She appreciates my high end stuff when she gets to see it though, so that's really fun too.

That's so cool. My mom on the other hand says "another package?" Lol

Back