1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few things I wish we saw in the movie. Really wanted to see Deadpool on his scooter. Also wanted to see him playing some video games, imagine if he was playing MvC3 and picked his own character. I know he always has swords, but in context of the story I thought it was a little odd that he would choose to carry them. They needed to establish that he had an expertise with swords prior to becoming Deadpool. And he needed more crazy weapons, like a bazooka or something. Theres a part where he gets all the guns in the house but then he doesn't use them. It would've been cool if he did a 'Shoryuken' punch on someone :lol

It's funny because I thought the same about his katanas but then was like Oh, he did use them in Wolverine, so I know he's used them before, even though I KNOW it's different and blah blah blah. My brain was just able to reason it that way :lol

But we're getting a sequel so, there's plenty of time to add more stuff.

What's your budget for a camera? I'd be happy to throw a few suggestions your way. I've been a serious enthusiast for a long time across varying budgets. :D

I didn't ask but 3-400 is about as much as I'd like to spend. I just want to use it to take good photos of the figures.

Im in a similar ballpark more of the 200-300 mark I dont know squat about photography except that a light flashes and it captures an image, witchcraft if you ask me and its sold in stores

I don't have an issue with people not liking it, but taking shots at people isn't very cool. You don't like it, then fine. Don't need to say things like "it's for the lowest common denominator". How do you expect people to take that? That's just asking for flame wars, which ruins good threads like this. Why not just quietly bow out of the thread discussing it withOUT tossing shots? Or is that asking too much in today's world?

Also, gunna just put this right here....
"Deadpool" made $135 million domestically and $125 million internationally this weekend, earning a WORLDWIDE TOTAL OF $260 MILLION so far. That officially makes it the one of the highest grossing comic book adaptations in history, and one of the highest grossing rated R films as well.....
It's breaking records like: Biggest opening weekend in February - beating out "Fifty Shades of Grey" - Biggest opening weekend in the winter - beating out "American Sniper" - and biggest opening weekend for an R-rated film - beating out "The Matrix Reloaded".

Considering this weekend celebrates both Valentines Day and Presidents Day, and with Monday being a public holiday, "Deadpool's" numbers are climbing higher and higher. It's likely it will also break the record for biggest four day weekend, and biggest Monday box office earnings.

BTW that end credits scene is a take off of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.....showing my age here....lol

J

Lowest common denominator type comments are just bait. Not even tasty bait! just looking for WAAAAGHs ;). Glad you enjoyed the movie, and long live Ferris!

And I just ordered him. I kept going back and forth because of all the CW figures coming out but I'll end up getting them no matter what :lol I went ahead and used my RP and gift cards and picked up Deadpool for $110. :yess:

Sorry about the crappy pic (I really need a camera but dont know which to get that wont break the budget, advise welcomed) but did everyone else get the tiny Deadpool with the movie? I didnt open mine till I got home its an awesome little gift

I didn't ask but 3-400 is about as much as I'd like to spend. I just want to use it to take good photos of the figures.

You've got two options in that price range. If you're quite certain you don't have the means or desire to venture out to further lens purchases and variance in photography, you get a lot of pseudo-DSLR features with the Canon PowerShot S120. The S90 and S100 are actually better cameras but because of that, they're much more expensive than the newest model. If you think you might want to do landscape photos on vacation or portraits of your kids or whatever, you might want to bite the bullet with an entry-level crop sensor DSLR. I'd say a T3i or T4i (body only) and a 50mm 1.8 or 40mm pancake lens would work perfectly for figure shots. Don't bother with a flash because they wash out the depth and color of your figures and, if you configure your shot right, you won't need it.

Thanks for the advise SubjectNameHere but the S120 is just a bit over the price limit for me and I could really use the money to get the HT Deadpool (sucks the new coupon doesn't apply). Comparatively, is the SX530 ok?

And I just ordered him. I kept going back and forth because of all the CW figures coming out but I'll end up getting them no matter what :lol I went ahead and used my RP and gift cards and picked up Deadpool for $110. :yess:

:yess: I'm just waiting for him to ship before I buy, and I haven't even seen the movie yet.

Thanks for the advise SubjectNameHere but the S120 is just a bit over the price limit for me and I could really use the money to get the HT Deadpool (sucks the new coupon doesn't apply). Comparatively, is the SX530 ok?

Well, like with anything, you get what you pay for. The SX530 is a fine camera, but with it you will (comparatively) have to do a bit more work to get the best shots. It has a smaller image sensor so you have to scoot further back for a full pic of a 1/6 figure. It has much narrower aperture so you won't be able to a depth-of-field (fuzzy background, sharp foreground) in your shots, and it will pick up less light so you may need an external light source to get any detail (flash, lamp, etc.). If none of those are of any severity or importance, really any point-and-shoot will work.

I keep hearing more and more comments about parents taking their kids. You have to be pretty ignorant of what rated r means to be taking yours kids. Hell, based on the commercials alone I wouldn't take some adults. So honestly, thats what they get.

I was at a 7.30pm screening in the CBD. Credits begin to roll, most people get up to leave and my cousin points to a boy who could not have been older than 6 years leaving with, well, what I presume to be his father. Who was dressed like a complete d-bag of course. The comments from everyone around him were pretty loud. In part, I blame the cinema - how could they sell a ticket to this guy for his kid? What was that kid even doing up so late?

I was at a 7.30pm screening in the CBD. Credits begin to roll, most people get up to leave and my cousin points to a boy who could not have been older than 6 years leaving with, well, what I presume to be his father. Who was dressed like a complete d-bag of course. The comments from everyone around him were pretty loud. In part, I blame the cinema - how could they sell a ticket to this guy for his kid? What was that kid even doing up so late?

I went to a free screening a week before it came out and saw a kid who was about 3. There were others kids too all under 10. The guy next to me had his kid and kept trying to cover his eyes. Um, then why did you bring him? When I went Saturday there was a mom with her two daughters, one was probably 14 and the other maybe 9? I assumed they were there because Ryan Reynolds is dreamy.

I really wish I could hear the questions that were asked in the car :lol

I went to a free screening a week before it came out and saw a kid who was about 3. There were others kids too all under 10. The guy next to me had his kid and kept trying to cover his eyes. Um, then why did you bring him? When I went Saturday there was a mom with her two daughters, one was probably 14 and the other maybe 9? I assumed they were there because Ryan Reynolds is dreamy.

I really wish I could hear the questions that were asked in the car :lol

"Mom... do I have a Main Street?"

Back