1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Disney has majority control of X-Men merchandise so they call the shots on any company making merchandise.

But as to your direct question yes I do. 90% of Hot Toys output is Disney owned properties. Look at their FB page out of 100 or so posts 90 are about Disney figures. If Disney said jump Chan would ask how high as Disney is their bread and butter

Last edited:

Disney has majority control of X-Men merchandise so they call the shots on any company making merchandise.

But as to your direct question yes I do. 90% of Hot Toys output is Disney owned properties. Look at their FB page out of 100 or so posts 90 are about Disney figures. If Disney said jump Chan would ask how high as Disney is their bread and butter

90% really? Are we forgetting major lines like Terminator and Batman which Hot Toys pump out also? At this Toy Soul Convention alone they have showcased 3 different Batman figures from 1 film. It can't be helped if Disney can formulate contracts that include likeness rights a lot better than companies like Fox.

And to say Disney call the shots, Jennifer Lawrence was responsible for the cancellation of the Diamond Select Mystique figure. Or is she under Disney's thumb as well?

I just hope this means too we can get something from X-Men Apocalypse. I need a figure of Apocalypse and Magneto. Finally Magneto.

Disney controls all the non film xmen merch. Not the film stuff.

As for hot toys making mostly Disney based products....that's becuase Disney had more film content out. And even with that being the case...only about 50% of product is Disney based. And Facebook posts count for nada.

90% really? Are we forgetting major lines like Terminator and Batman which Hot Toys pump out also? At this Toy Soul Convention alone they have showcased 3 different Batman figures from 1 film. It can't be helped if Disney can formulate contracts that include likeness rights a lot better than companies like Fox.

And to say Disney call the shots, Jennifer Lawrence was responsible for the cancellation of the Diamond Select Mystique figure. Or is she under Disney's thumb as well?

Well ****....someone else that gets it. Well done!

Motuxmen is there any other news you have on Marvel and DC stuff HT are making?

90% really? Are we forgetting major lines like Terminator and Batman which Hot Toys pump out also? At this Toy Soul Convention alone they have showcased 3 different Batman figures from 1 film.

As for hot toys making mostly Disney based products....that's becuase Disney had more film content out. And even with that being the case...only about 50% of product is Disney based.

Had a look on the most recent Hot Toys figures on Sideshow Collectibles.

Of the 36 most recent, 2 are not Disney properties, that's averages about 5.56% so I stand by my post

I just hope this means too we can get something from X-Men Apocalypse. I need a figure of Apocalypse and Magneto. Finally Magneto.

:goodpost:

Last edited:

Disney controls all the non film xmen merch. Not the film stuff.

WRONG

Page 10 Paragraph one said:
We have licensed some of our characters to major motion picture studios for use in motion
pictures For example we currently have license with Sony to produce motion pictures featuring the Spider-Man family of characters We also have outstanding licenses with studios for number of our other characters including The Fantastic Four X-Men including Wolverine Daredevil/Elektra Ghost Rider Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Punisher Under these licenses we retain control over merchandising rights and retain more than 50% of merchandising-based royalty/revenue

The Fox deal hasn't changed so the above document though old remains correct for merchandising. Marvel (now Disney) retain control over X-Men movie merchandise so they decide if products are made and make majority money from said products.

Last edited:

Do you really think or know that Disney has HT under their thumb like that? I'm not being condescending I am just asking. HT does make other figures besides Disney based characters.

I wouldn't be surprised, Disney just coerced a theater into not showing The Hateful 8 to instead show TFA 2 more weeks, they said something like "if you don't show 2 more weeks of TFA you won't show TFA at all."

I wouldn't be surprised if they applied this all over the place.

i'm digging the look of the figure, the costume is less baggy than the sideshow version. i hope there's an unmasked head too.

Had a look on the most recent Hot Toys figures on Sideshow Collectibles.

Of the 36 most recent, 2 are not Disney properties, that's averages about 5.56% so I stand by my post

Fantastic that proves a lot!

Except it doesn't, that's just a snippet. I just went through a list of all the releases by Hot Toys including Quarter Scale and vehicles etc. and the results were

Disney figures = 135

Non-Disney = 232

And just to clarify, I was generous and included all Star Wars releases as Disney as well as characters like Blade and Ghost Rider even though technically at time of release I believe rights were retained by previous companies.

Considering how many MCU and SW movies we'll be seeing in the next several years, we all know who's got outsized influence. That's not saying DC doesn't have a seat at the big boy's table. Just that it's not nearly as big as Disney's.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

I just love it how everything is a conspiracy!

Last edited:

Yeah, but that's all their releases. Hot Toys have hugely shifted their focus over time.

And why did that happen? Becuase since 2008 "Disney" has made 10-15 movies with a 2-3 pic per year average and DC has made like two. There has been 1 aliens movie. That the likeness rights where not secured for. Back before 2008 there was not any marvel content to pull from really. Hot toys makes figures from movies. And that is heavily influenced by movies having current interest.

As you can see, as soon as the competition started making films hot toys jumped on it.

They have done robocop, sleepy hallow, bttf, avp batman returns,predators, terminator gen, 66 batman, ect in the last couple years. They have made Disney and marvel products as of late becuase it's current, relevant, and it sells. They make movie figures. Shocker that the company producing the most popular characters in films and the most films with those characters is heavily weighted lately.

They are still making other items. And at a faster pace then before marvel. They are just ALSO making marvel. But the non marvel figures are being made at an average per year higher then before marvel came along. It's made up rumor silliness that marvel figures are all they make. Or it makes other films less of a focus.

Not to be an insuferable know it all, but here's a Fan Fact: DP's "obsession" over Chimichangas came under Way's dreadful run. In the Kelly comics, he did like Mexican food, but not at the extent that the memes portray him. Way's stuff is absolutely dreadful and, seeing as that's the version that's more well know, I kinda fear that the movie will take that route. But from what I've seen, they're going to tackle Killbrew and Vanessa, so I'll remain optimistic...

But all of that matters not because this figure is all kinds of awesomesauce. Seriously, I haven't been this excited for something in years. And no, I'm not exaggerating. HT's stuff were motstly (not completely, there were some exceptions) Iron Men after 2013, so this Toy Soul is a really welcome change.

Thank GOD someone said it. My head was going to explode with all of the Johnny-come-lately-front-runnerDPloveChimiwhatverthecrap that gets repeated over and over and over. That's not the real Deadpool. Thank God the film doesn't seem to be going that route from the info I have seen and heard while they were filming it near where I live. Deadpool is a MUCH, much deeper, richer character than that hack Daniel Way has tried to turn him into. Far as I'm concerned, Way's run doesn't exist and anything pointing to it I look at as a cheap bootleg of some nitwit trying to be "funny". /rant ;)

As for the Disney owns all, blah blah blah, like it was said, Hot Toys is in the business of making figures based on films for the most part, and with Disney having the popular and majority film releases each year with the popular and majority characters, sure it's going to seem like all Hot Toys does is pump out Disney figures. That's not the case though. They have licenses on a lot of different IPs with a wide range to choose from and no amount of cherry-picking can disprove that clear fact. That being said - who cares?! They're making great figures from multiple properties that we all get to choose from and enjoy. Who really cares about licensing deals and how much of what gets put out, as long as they're making great figures like this Movie Deadpool and get them out in a more timely manner, we should all be happy! I know I am!

J

Oh man never noticed this. Thought it'd be ages away. I better play with my SS one a bit more.

Eh way wasnt that bad in the beggining, its true his version isnt the best, but i thought the chimichangas thing was funny though. Fortunately you can stick to reading Brian Posehn or Joe Kelly's deadpool comics.

The duggan/posehn run is actually pretty fantastic. They've kept the goofiness of prior versions but they've taken him on some serious and much darker routes.

^^^ True the duggan/posehn ones are pretty good. I like the one where i fights omega red, the 2012 series i think it is. I also liked the uncanny deadpool with the inverted x-men.

These had some nice artwork too
54e3b033dd372.jpg
detail.jpg

Back