1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I can see this figure going over really well, regardless of the movie. It's an amazing version of the character that easily stands alone from the film. I really can't wait for this to go up for pre-order even though we're potentially looking at a very long wait for what seems to be one of the best 6th scale figures I have ever seen.

J

I guess SS is stalling so they can sell a few more of their Deadpool figures.

Right..because the people buying from sideshow can't use the Internet to see hot toys has one. Makes total sense.

I actually think hulk1181 may be right: SS ran a blog post featuring DP in Xmas poses etc. They know when it hits the market, sales for theirs is done [pretty much].

I actually think hulk1181 may be right: SS ran a blog post featuring DP in Xmas poses etc. They know when it hits the market, sales for theirs is done [pretty much].

I think that also ignores the fact that the SS one is pretty well done and aims for a different audience altogether. HT is specifically for one movie, whereas the SS one is being used for comic/cartoon/custom versions and is quite frankly the best 1/6 figure they've released to date. Not to mention since they are the official HT distributor in the states, SS isn't going to risk losing that by delaying a solicit that HT puts out.

I don't know how all that works.....but I'd guess the sales for their version decrease greatly. [I have it and like it]

If someone has X dollars and can only get one, I'd guess 9 of 10 people buy the HT version. Just my 2 pennies :)

I know we all want to believe that this is the case, I really do find it hard to believe that SSC would purposely delay the release of a PO simply because it may affect their own products. Lord knows how much money they make with every PO made, and I thought I read somewhere someone said that HT dictates when the POs should go live anyway. They're not going to jeopardize that.

I don't know how all that works.....but I'd guess the sales for their version decrease greatly. [I have it and like it]

If someone has X dollars and can only get one, I'd guess 9 of 10 people buy the HT version. Just my 2 pennies :)

And that's completely fair logic. My standpoint is that just because SS has X version of this character means they'll delay X version of HT. Wouldn't work that way. They release differing versions of Star Wars characters quite frequently now in competition with one another, but being a distributor, they don't get to dictate when HT puts solicits out. HT does. That said, I do think the HT one looks nicer and I think it'll sell quite well, but I also think the SS one will sell out without a discount too.

I know we all want to believe that this is the case, I really do find it hard to believe that SSC would purposely delay the release of a PO simply because it may affect their own products. Lord knows how much money they make with every PO made, and I thought I read somewhere someone said that HT dictates when the POs should go live anyway. They're not going to jeopardize that.

Bingo. There's plenty of companies champing at the bit to get the "official" distributor title from HT and all the exclusives that go with it. SS won't risk losing that just for a little competition (that's over half a year away)

Also who is to say that SSC didn't know full well that HT was going to do a Deadpool based on the movie. It's crazy to presume the 2 companies don't talk to each other about product.

I'm guessing it will be Friday, I just really hope they do a cool SS exclusive version :pray:

I dont want to disappoint u, but thats not going to happen. SS is not involved at all with this figure and Hot Toys didnt show anything on official pics. Too bad, but Im in anyway

This will be my first hot toys. What can I expect damage to be? Closer to 300 or 4??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Even though I always thought the cosbabys were stupid and always ripped on them, I think I'm gonna have to get deadpool. I have a deadpool addiction and I need help!!

230.00 would be nice considering the new wolverine set me back 250.00 lol last sideshow figure I'm buying and only because wolverine is so near and dear to me. I'll wait for the price but hot toys is better quality and usually cheaper.

I really want to have the old PF Deadpool statue, but they seem to be so overpriced. Most likely i will buy one of this instead. :)

Back