1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT probably didn't think this figure would sell out so quickly and in such demand that's why they went half ass on QC originally.

Real question is does the one they sent to Mr. Ryan Reynolds have the sleeves issue.....Hmmm I wonder. I bet they had half the QC team look that thing over in shifts for 3 days to make sure it was immaculate for him LOL.

Our economy effects the world tho. When the banks started failing in 2008, it hit the global market hard too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said it didn't. There is such a thing as macro-economics and micro-economics. The details in which won't be discussed in a toy forum....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys is in Asia though. There might be some differences in economy, wages, etc.

It doesn't matter if it's in Asia though. Inflation isn't an exclusive thing to western economies. As for wages in Asia...dude haha, everything to everything is produced in Asia, wages haven't changed all that much. It's not to say it hasn't improved, but unless HT themselves tell us the price hike is to give factory workers better wages, I'm going to safely assume it's not.

I don't know...sometimes I question things when there's inconsistency. It'd be nice to have answers straight from the company, but unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon.

It doesn't matter if it's in Asia though. Inflation isn't an exclusive thing to western economies. As for wages in Asia...dude haha, everything to everything is produced in Asia, wages haven't changed all that much. It's not to say it hasn't improved, but unless HT themselves tell us the price hike is to give factory workers better wages, I'm going to safely assume it's not.

I don't know...sometimes I question things when there's inconsistency. It'd be nice to have answers straight from the company, but unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon.
Without looking at numbers, were all just pulling **** out of our asses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I could see it being a smaller run size due to the uncertainty of how things will go. I've also noticed the small and steady increase in prices for these figures you guys are talking about, and while they've looked better and better, more and more realistic, there's times where we've also seen hardly any accessories at all IF any, but with a higher price tag. If you're charging $234 USD for Deadpool, I think even with the really cool and original feature of swapping eyes for multiple expressions, we should have gotten an unmasked head with a reasonably thick Hugh Jackman cutout that can be put on with small magnet(s), a radio with his name taped to it and, of course, the drawing. We get a pretty cool figure with great features, but even if they didn't do the extra head with or without the Hugh face picture, I would have placed bets on the radio and drawing being included! o_O

Now we have Cap at $224 with usual hands, swap out faceplates, an unmasked head, broken Crossbones helmet, but no magnets in the shield. It can be argued that's the trade-off and I would be ok with that instance. But justify Black Panther's $219 price point for what you get...usual few sets of hands, that's it. No unmasked head, no real options at all especially compared to multiple other $219 figures. Ant-Man is $234 with a tiny Ant-Man, light up eyes, usual hands and unmasked head. Worth $234? No way, I'd say he's $224 max. Vision, $219, usual hands, bendy stand, Hammer. Dr. Strange at $234? Worth it. I can go on and on - Black Widow, Drax, Winter Soldier, Pepper Pots, Hawkeye - but my point is, there's zero consistency with their pricing and what we get and I think that's a more serious issue with HT, SS and this hobby and that's something we need to really see about trying to take HT and SS to task on.

Is there any way to open a dialogue about this? With a few here having contacts within, can't we get a Community Representative within HT to take our valid concerns to those who makes these decisions like, say, Beta Testers or players in MMORPGs/games do or something? I don't mind paying more if it's worth it. Iron Man figures have gone up and up and up and the sole reason is DIE CAST?! When a 1/4th scale Iron Man isn't priced much higher than a 6th scale Iron Man, there's a problem with pricing and value. I LOVE Iron Man long before he was the "it" boy for the MCU, much like Deadpool. So jacking prices on Iron Man and War Machine because they're basically the biggest in the Universe, that's not cool. Thanos' price isn't too far from your average stock Iron Man! If a stink is to be made about HT, it's gotta be on the pricing and perceived value because as it stands, it's like they're just basing prices on perceived popularity of the character, not what the figure and it's accessories are actually worth, you know?

J

There's many things that go into pricing. Each film has its own license and built in cost. That's one factor. So what it costs to get the rights for say civil war black panther (and the approval process costs as well. Both time/man hours to build multiple prototypes, and interact with the reps who approve them) and dr strange title character are different. It may not be a massive difference but it won't be the same. So that's one factor. (Also some actors get a cut, some don't, some actors have large clauses built into contracts that grant them full approvals over figures which adds to the time it takes for approvals, as well as what's allowed and they get a cut. All that costs)

Production run is another. The number of figures produced.

Then you have tooling costs. The single largest production cost on most figures. Tooling is the mold, the mold casing and the mounts to attach to the individual machines. They are very very expensive. Tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars. You don't have to take my word for it, Mattel one of the largest toy makers in the world has talked extensively about the cost and complications of tooling publicly on its masters of the universe classics line over the years. As have other companies. Diecast and plastic have different tooling and costs. Iron man uses more tooling on each figure then other figures (with minor exceptions). That's why those figures usually cost more. Throw in more electronics and that adds costs as well as the additional paint. They also have a slightly higher return rate them most figures due to fully exposed paint, on top of all the flaps (easily broken) and electronics. That all is factored into the price point.

The figures you brought up all have things that distinguish them from each other. Cap has more included at a lower price because the tooling on that figure has been spread out across multiple releases(second head, closed mouth sculpt, shield hands all reused).Same with Hawkeye(the quiver, arrows...even the head can use part of the old tooling. The mold holder and mount and given the head similarities it's likely they can use the old head program and mold and update to match the new sculpt.) even the bodies have reuse. Then a figure like strange is mostly new. The head, the soft goods (clothing) the magic effects ect are all new. From a different film. Black panther has a new head, hands, feet, necklace and body (I think new body I can't recall off top my head). Plus the suit. Vision was mostly new (tweaked MOS body though I think) with new soft goods (which also have production costs built in).

As for the rising costs year over year(or figure over figure). Part is inflation. Part is the wages, and if you think the wages in China have not gone up you are mistaken. In some areas they have skyrocketed. Also, the design part of the company isn't in China and they make up a large portion of the work force. The design part is in South Korea. But part of it is just business economics. The larger a company grows the higher the margins need to be (margins are term that represents the percentage of each product that is profit....not trying to be preachy or talk down just explain things that some people won't know) higher. Compare things like displays at cons/shows ten years ago and what they are now. There was no weibo or Facebook pages early on and now they have multiple social media feeds. Someone has to be paid to handle those. Same as their website. They had nearly no brick and mortar presence ten years ago and now have three full fledged stores. All with employees they didn't have before.

There's lots of other little things that factor into hot toys business but this is the broad strokes type stuff. Making licensed toys is pretty complicated.

I look at it like this.... If you were to buy a custom deadpool of this quality from a professional customizer. The paint sculpting and outfit not to mention accessories you would love to get away with 234.99....

I'm talking from experience. I think my custom jim lee wolverine has costed me 300 so far and I still need to professionally paint a scuplt and custom hands claws!

Just got an email that my final flex paym not for this bad boy will be processed on Saturday the 15th! Should be shipping soon!

Alright has anyone ever contested the shipping cost? Because I've had it with SS's games. Why can I ship my CW Cap for $10, but have to pay $20 for Deadpool (and Knightmare Bats for that matter)? There CAN NOT be that big a difference, considering I don't even get a protective box outside the shipper. The only reason I can come up with is that they bump shipping on more popular or higher selling products, which makes sense for Deadpool.

Just checked my email again and it does list shipping at $17.78. Wow, I did not know it would cost that much.

Just got an email that my final flex paym not for this bad boy will be processed on Saturday the 15th! Should be shipping soon!

I didn't do a flex payment but I received the email I think it said October November. Wondering if that's the first shipment and when I'm going to be charged:)

BBTS is shipping this to my door, double boxed (not that I care) for $6 from MN all the way to SLC.

There's something fishy about SSC's shipping charges for sure.

Back