1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I hadn't checked on this thread in a long time and am so shocked by this guy's quality. I really hope the epoxy/clear-coat solution works long-term for the wrists, because otherwise this is a must-buy for me.

You can see at 8:29 where something as simple as wiping the leather lube away worsens the deterioration. More clearly seen at 10:19. Think I'll stick with the cuff and sleeve mods.

I don't know.. I think it held up fairly well considering all of the twisting he was doing.

I agree, the protoype was the best hot toys figure ever made imo, but this is still up there. I'm considering getting the sideshow wolverine to complement this, but I'm probably the only one. :rotfl
Had it on pre order but cancelled. Sideshow 1/6 has fallen far from.Grace. is wait and see what the reviews are for wolvie. Or try and hunt down a custom or make one. I'll update with pics of pool and him fighting when I get mine from ssc. Does the app tapatalk help with adding in attachments because trying do so it on my mobile phone is a pain in the tail

Attachments

• 20160623_195942.jpg
    20160623_195942.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 317
I've received mine this morning, taken it out of the box (beautiful figure by the way!) and returned it to its box where it will remain until I can find somebody gullible enough so that I can get back into my money.

BTW, among the potential solutions, has anybody tried inserting a Sellotape disc so that the friction takes place on the Sellotape and not the suit?

You can see at 8:29 where something as simple as wiping the leather lube away worsens the deterioration. More clearly seen at 10:19. Think I'll stick with the cuff and sleeve mods.

Maybe a combination of heating up/stretching out the gloves and using the lube would work well

Got it, no mods yet. Just being very careful with the wrists.
That aside, definitely a contender for figure of the year for me. Brilliant!
62c5f7212fff4fff51a3e059bca25b92.jpg

87daee3ec98df87ce073b0340552db21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience HT has pretty bad CS taking care of easy fixes. My issue was small and isolated and this was my case:
Way back when I bought the AVP alien a piece was missing. Small rubber thing on it's leg. I knew it was missing because the right leg had it and the left didn't. I emailed HT about it because I got it from my LCS and I even took pictures, and I never even got an email back.

If they didn't have the part I could understand and a cordial email explaining that would have sufficed...but nothing. And if they had the part (which I am sure would cost under $5 to ship) it would have been easy to ship.

Very small part, very small issue - but still, sometimes it's the small things that count and when/if a company goes above and beyond for their costumers, that says a lot about the company. But look I've still spend thousands of dollars on HT since...so they didn't loose a customer - just puts a tarnish on their image from my point of view.

Hot toys doesn't sell direct so they don't do direct CS. They do the distribution network to avoid having to handle these issues. If you got it from an authorized dealer that seller has a process in place. Usually through sideshow.

Ah. Cool pose. Really worried about the material's durability? What are your thoughts on it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks :) and the suit seems like it can handle pretty much any pose you'd want to have deadpool in. It's a nice material, looks the part and is also practical for posing too. My main and only real concern, with the whole figure, is the flipping cuffs! Haha. Probably gonna try the hand cuff stretch mod and maybe dabble with a bit of glue/epoxy.

Still just waiting on my email from sideshow. I'll do the hand mods but there is no way I'm going to cancel.this guy. Ovecwaited to long.

Ah. Cool pose. Really worried about the material's durability? What are your thoughts on it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Also as a comparison, it's a lot like the Amazon spiderman 2 suit material but a bit more leather like

Mine finally made it out of the pit of despair that is Chicago distribution center and is here in Omaha.
Hopefully it will make it on the truck for today.

CAN....NOT....WAIT!!!!

Seriously, this is such a cool figure. Don't let the cuffs put you off picking it up :)
bdc9b240b340d9f479a6dd7ac7d95d73.jpg

Back