1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best hope there are "spare" parts available for these items as a complete replacement is not likely based on the demand and sold-out status. Even if spare parts are available, I would think you would have to wait for HT to ship the part to SS, and SS to disassemble or whatever is required, to repair the defect. I personally would just fix myself, as gluing not holding up, is to me a "simple" fix, vs a "real defect", such as a part snapped and cannot be repaired. All sorts of glue is available at your local Home Depot, Michaels, etc. GOod luck!

On a related note, I recently purchased a Toynami Mospeada/Cyclone, and noticed the fabric on the fig exhibits some dryness and cracks. However, because this is understood for a item over 15 years old, I made the decision to just repair myself if it bothers me too much. Point is, if you're in this hobby, be prepared to make minor repairs, and have the know-how and willingness, and simple skill set to do so. Members here are great resources. If not you are setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.

Best hope there are "spare" parts available for these items as a complete replacement is not likely based on the demand and sold-out status. Even if spare parts are available, I would think you would have to wait for HT to ship the part to SS, and SS to disassemble or whatever is required, to repair the defect. I personally would just fix myself, as gluing not holding up, is to me a "simple" fix, vs a "real defect", such as a part snapped and cannot be repaired. All sorts of glue is available at your local Home Depot, Michaels, etc. GOod luck!

On a related note, I recently purchased a Toynami Mospeada/Cyclone, and noticed the fabric on the fig exhibits some dryness and cracks. However, because this is understood for a item over 15 years old, I made the decision to just repair myself if it bothers me too much. Point is, if you're in this hobby, be prepared to make minor repairs, and have the know-how and willingness, and simple skill set to do so. Members here are great resources. If not you are setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.

No it's not. Nothing on his figure is broken, and nobody will be selling this style of neck parted without the body.

Sorry about this. This wasn't what I had in mind. I did what the seller instructed me to do, even when I initially suggested to take off the neck pieces to glue them together. I didn't expect to receive the "You people" comment, haha...

Honestly man, just ignore it... Their opinions don't matter anymore than yours regardless of who they think they are.
After a few years on here I've come to notice that if you don't reply to the negativity things go much smoother and their comments go largely unnoticed.

You paid good money for it, and you can do with it what you think is best. Good luck.

Honestly man, just ignore it... Their opinions don't matter anymore than yours regardless of who they think they are.
After a few years on here I've come to notice that if you don't reply to the negativity things go much smoother and their comments go largely unnoticed.

You paid good money for it, and you can do with it what you think is best. Good luck.

Everyone's opinion matters here dude. The irony of you chastising negativity while in the same post insulting people is hilarious. He came on here asking advice, got a few different opinions from people who have been through similar things, some as*hat dropped the never okay "people like you" line, and then you come on here all high and mighty like you never get negative.

Straight up all day for days a return for this is (and I can't stress this enough -- in my opinion) is a waste of effort because (in my experience) SS won't accept this as a reason for replacement. And it's a five second fix that will have zero effect on the value or look of the figure.

Just. Fix. It.

Everyone's opinion matters here dude. He came on here asking advice, got a few different opinions from people who have been through similar things, some as*hat dropped the never okay "people like you" line, and then you come on here all high and mighty like you never get negative.

Straight up all day for days a return for this is (and I can't stress this enough -- in my opinion) is a waste of effort because (in my experience) SS won't accept this as a reason for replacement. And it's a five second fix that will have zero effect on the value or look of the figure.

Just. Fix. It.

I didn't say people's opinions didn't matter. I said nobody's opinion matters more than anyone else's. Big difference. You even put it in bold, and you still misinterpret it?

I get negative about things I don't like, and people usually ignore it. NBD. I don't take it that seriously. And I don't attack people personally. High and mighty my ass. I'm not putting ridiculous amounts of emotion into such a trivial decision.

Last edited:
I didn't say people's opinions didn't matter. I said nobody's opinion matters more than anyone else's. Big difference.

I get negative about things I don't like, and people usually ignore it. NBD. I don't take it that seriously. And I don't attack people personally. High and mighty my ass. I'm not putting ridiculous amounts of emotion into such a trivial decision.

Fair enough, it was the "regardless of who they think they are" line that struck me as unnecessarily inflammatory. Which is fine by me, but ironic due to the nature of your post.

Fair enough, it was the "regardless of who they think they are" line that struck me as unnecessarily inflammatory. Which is fine by me, but ironic due to the nature of your post.

That wasn't directed at you, it was more of a general warning since there are a few people on here who just don't want to be civil, and he's new here. It sucks to be greeted with such hostility when it comes to your hobbies. I may get negative from time to time, but I don't get belligerent or insult people.

You got super emotional over the 47. It was like a part time job for you or something.

Yep, and I got over it. I didn't like the idea of it, still kinda don't, but I accept it.

The 47 is dumb. It will most likely have absolutely no explanation in the movie. It will just be there as his flavor of the month armor. Even though it's literally just a repaint. I guess Tony got lazy after Civil War.

Marvel/Disney will say it's a throwback to the Ultimate look or something, but that's just them trying to create demand when there is none. It's simply for $$$$. Marketing a new figure that die hard Iron Man fans and completist's will buy. HT is in their glory, and shouted with joy. No new tooling or designing, just a simple repaint that they will even charge more money for as an exclusive or something... Win win for them... But in the long run if it helps them make more other figures that might get over looked I'm OK with it.

Oh ok ok I thought for some reason the Homecoming suit was a 46 prototype or variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would've made more sense, but since it's been officially labeled as the MK47 that means it's a successor to the MK46. Same Armor, new paint job? Shame on Tony and Marvel..... :wink1:

That would've made more sense, but since it's been officially labeled as the MK47 that means it's a successor to the MK46. Same Armor, new paint job? Shame on Tony and Marvel..... :wink1:

I'm sure they will do a diecast, regular version of the 47. I'm very curious about I guess what is the 48.

I'm sure they will do a diecast, regular version of the 47. I'm very curious about I guess what is the 48.

Well that will be his armor in Avengers 3 the 1st part of Infinity War... Along with likely a few more. I'm sure Thanos will tear through his armor and he'll be sporting more than 1 suit in each film... :lol. Now that's gonna be the completeists nightmare. Trying to collect all the figures from Infinity War pt 1 & 2.... :slap

Back