1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much this.

If the DC and plastic were similar in every way except material, then plastic it is for me but is that the case?

Well.....I will let people here view the WM MkI plastic and die-cast side-by-side and let them make their decision on that alone.

Obvious clear choice. To think that the only difference between DC and plastic is cost and material is clearly misinformed or blind.

You are obviously welcome to feel the way you want about the plastic vs DC figures. The issue seems to be you insist on trying to convince us that DC is just better. And while some agree and some disagree, ( BTW, I agree they are better, but am not convinced they are worth the extra money better ) it doesn't matter. How people feel about their buying choices and decisions is up to them.

Yeah, my opinion is that the diecast figures are better. I prefer them and enjoy them more. When holding each in my hands, the diecast figures feel like they're worth $350, the plastic on the other hand don't quite feel worth $250 to me. But that also has to do with which and how many accessories a plastic figure comes with.

Some people like diecast and some don't.

Anyways, I really hope the 46 is released soon. I need those two displayed together.

The good ol plastic vs diecast debate. I will say this...it makes it difficult that the best suits, most iconic suits are made in diecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think it's funny that we think heavy is better when with most everything else (phones, cars, aircraft, tents, etc) besides wrecking balls and safes are considered cheaper if they are heavier :lol

But i personally don't care, i'm buying or the suit design not what it is made out of. I would buy a WM that was made out of carbon fiber and weighed less than a piece of paper or one that weighed 20lbs and was made of steel if they looked good.

Anyone received an email from Timewalker about when they are expecting this to ship?

I prefer plastic also. The paint and details Hot Toys put into the newer IMs makes it hard for me to tell the difference without picking them up. Plus, I like to pose my figures, the heavier weight makes it hard to pose and balance the figure sometimes.

I prefer plastic also. The paint and details Hot Toys put into the newer IMs makes it hard for me to tell the difference without picking them up. Plus, I like to pose my figures, the heavier weight makes it hard to pose and balance the figure sometimes.

Really I've found that the diecast figures feel more stable when standing. Flight poses on the other hand are much more difficult.

I still prefer house party armors be plastic and main armors be diecast, I'm glad it's going that way for the most part.

I so can't wait for Tuesday.

I just wished they included the standard grey dc base for all diecast figures

Meh, I really like the 45's base, but I'm not a fan of the war machine mk 1's base. I wish all of the house party armors included the grey mark 3/patriot/etc. base.

I like what they do with some of the Star Wars bases. They're like normal bases only with an environmental bottom.

I am still hoping this figure is released in Hong Kong soon so my Ebay seller in Hong Kong can send him out...

I'm sorry, but trying to say diecast is better by comparing the WM MK1 plastic version to the diecast version is what is misinformed. You're comparing a 6 year old design to a new figure. Hot Toys' engineering has improved by leaps and bounds since then. You should be comparing the newer diecast figures to the newer plastic ones like Shotgun.

Not getting into this debate except to say your point about 6 years of engineering improvements and comparing to Shotgun is excellent! Personally, I prefer the diecast figures for a number of reasons but most of those stem from superior engineering. I was truly shocked by how incredible Shotgun turned out and the poses that can be achieved by a new mold that used almost all the improvements we've seen slowly incorporated into the armors over the years.

Not getting into this debate except to say your point about 6 years of engineering improvements and comparing to Shotgun is excellent! Personally, I prefer the diecast figures for a number of reasons but most of those stem from superior engineering. I was truly shocked by how incredible Shotgun turned out and the poses that can be achieved by a new mold that used almost all the improvements we've seen slowly incorporated into the armors over the years.

can't wait for shades :D

futurama-fry-looking-out-the-window-watching-the-ups-truck-drive-by.jpg

Back