1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oddly, that gives me more of a Star Wars Holiday Special vibe than ANH - perhaps because TV make-up can be more exaggerated?

Leia-Life-Day-Song.jpg

It's nice custom work, to be sure, but the eyebrows are too arched and defined, thus giving Leia quite an unusual look.

No it wasn't. It helped return the thread to a line of discussion that had run its course, and did so in a way that didn't engage Darth_Z or the topic in a remotely constructive way. Telling someone their perspective is "foolish" and to "seek help", but without arguing why, is just lazy. Stellardude reckons "words can't express...". Actually, words can. I'd recommend that Stellardude get a thesaurus.

I use those words because what was originally written is a display of the liberal motif of being offended at the smallest issues and creating conflict where none is needed. By using phrases like “heterosexual male audience” and “white patriarchal middle class conservatism”, the argument automatically becomes about race and sexual orientation; two topics that could have been left out of this discussion. Yes, one could argue that sexual orientation plays a large role as the skimpy bikini Leia sports appeals to men; however, to dictate that it only appeals to men and no one else is purely assumption, and I feel quite offended by that claim! How do you know that it appeals only to men? What about the lesbians at the time? What about the bisexuals? The gender fluid? The Pangenders? Transgenders? Those who identified as attack helicopters? I have to say, as one who identifies as a Boeing AH-64, I’m quite offended. My helicopter-kin and I have gone through a lot these past few years, and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions about us.

I wasn't going to shell out for a new dress, but ugh... it's such a huge part of the character and deserves better than what comes out of the box.

Agreed. It's really frustrating at the moment to have to look at this figure with it's amazing headsculpt surrounded by such an awful, cheap looking outfit.

I use those words because what was originally written is a display of the liberal motif of being offended at the smallest issues and creating conflict where none is needed. By using phrases like “heterosexual male audience” and “white patriarchal middle class conservatism”, the argument automatically becomes about race and sexual orientation; two topics that could have been left out of this discussion. Yes, one could argue that sexual orientation plays a large role as the skimpy bikini Leia sports appeals to men; however, to dictate that it only appeals to men and no one else is purely assumption, and I feel quite offended by that claim! How do you know that it appeals only to men? What about the lesbians at the time? What about the bisexuals? The gender fluid? The Pangenders? Transgenders? Those who identified as attack helicopters? I have to say, as one who identifies as a Boeing AH-64, I’m quite offended. My helicopter-kin and I have gone through a lot these past few years, and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions about us.

LOL.....!

That's more like it :lol

so what`s going on with this new dress any updates

Yunsil's dress? Deposits taken until the 20th of this month, and I think that there's no waitlist and a deposit paid by then secures one. If that's the case I'm still debating as to whether to jump on board.

hey all, i have a question about this HT, i saw recently someone mentioned doing a water treatment to the dress? just wondering how it went? i have never done a water treatment before so i was hoping to hear how you all went with it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

:yess:

Ok it looks like we're down the rabbit hole with the political discussion, so I'll say my piece. :lol

I have to absolutely concur with this.

And that's the very thing when you mention "assumptions". One thing that bothers me is that something called "Identity Politics" appears to be the obsession and the agenda of many people of the far left, where it's somehow the melanin content of your skin that defines who you are as a person to them, not your character because that's not how you fit into their agenda. They know nothing about you personally, regardless of your skin color or religion. To them you're not a mother first, not a father, not a son, not a hard worker, not a daughter, not a brother, etc. It's simply if you're a white male, get into this corner. If you're a black person, get into this corner. If you're a woman, get into this corner. If you're a homosexual, get into this corner. Okay, now you in this corner, you dislike these people. You in this other corner, you dislike these people. They want to tell you and decide for you what your identity is, based on how they see fit.

Have any of you guys removed the wire from the hood? Ever since RO I've wanted to display her with the hood up but that wire is a nightmare.

Yunsil's dress? Deposits taken until the 20th of this month, and I think that there's no waitlist and a deposit paid by then secures one. If that's the case I'm still debating as to whether to jump on board.

Is there a thread for this? I can't seem to find it...

I think without the wire the hood would be even more impossible to work with. The fabric is so light and thin it probably wouldn't want to stay down at all.

Yeah, I think the wire is pretty necessary and can get decent results. It fights itself though and the result isn't perfect and usually not great from the side.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...eia-white-dress-deposit-dealine-jan-20-a.html

Customs threads are harder to find than they used to be, and this thread has dropped to the second page in the 'Interest Threads" section. Here it is:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...eia-white-dress-deposit-dealine-jan-20-a.html

There's no prototype shown though, so people are signing up in good faith that whatever Yunsil delivers it'll be on a scale from "at least better than the HT gown" to "awesome/perfect".

Customs threads are harder to find than they used to be, and this thread has dropped to the second page in the 'Interest Threads" section. Here it is:

There's no prototype shown though, so people are signing up in good faith that whatever Yunsil delivers it'll be on a scale from "at least better than the HT gown" to "awesome/perfect".

Thanks Lejuan, $150 unseen is a lot of scratch given our lousy dollar. Gonna have to think on this one.

Thanks Lejuan, $150 unseen is a lot of scratch given our lousy dollar. Gonna have to think on this one.

I had a nerd dream the other night that the dollar jumped to 92 cents :monkey2

I'm having a hard time with this too. I'm winding down my collecting but the ANH line was the main reason I got into collecting 1/6 in the first place. Leia's dress is pretty bad, but all the human characters have something about them I'm not happy with. What complicates things is that I don't have these on display yet, they're all in their boxes - so I'm not sure what will end up bothering me more: the stock gown, or the knowledge that I've paid upwards of 200 Australian for doll clothes.

I had a nerd dream the other night that the dollar jumped to 92 cents :monkey2

I'm having a hard time with this too. I'm winding down my collecting but the ANH line was the main reason I got into collecting 1/6 in the first place. Leia's dress is pretty bad, but all the human characters have something about them I'm not happy with. What complicates things is that I don't have these on display yet, they're all in their boxes - so I'm not sure what will end up bothering me more: the stock gown, or the knowledge that I've paid upwards of 200 Australian for doll clothes.

Summed up perfectly. Although mine are on display. And then if it's brilliant, am I gonna be looking for better outfits for Han and Luke? Will I need to mod chewy to lighten his face? Will I need to go all Jazzinc on my ANH Vader? But then again, Leia's dress really is bad, too short, shorter slip showing through, horrible drape. Argh. Damn Hot Toys for putting us in this position.

Guess the reverse position is we've paid nearly $300 and just got a headsculpt on some other random 70's wedding dress character's body.

Back