1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Talibane, is the slave Leia custom you posted on p441 made from a Hasbro double pack plus ACToys head? And where's the body from? Thanks.

I agree with Darth Fok and Earthdog. I'm calling it now. They will rerelease this same Leia figure in Rouge One packaging with Death Star plans accessory. Maybe they'll put the effort and give her a smiling sculpt and upgrade the quality of the dress, maybe. Either way, this is not the last we'll see of the iconic classic buns Leia from Hot Toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB_IMG_1483483672171.jpg

FB_IMG_1483483680615.jpg

FB_IMG_1483483696011.jpg

FB_IMG_1483483722486.jpg

Fantastic repaint by Noel Cruz.

Nice pics and nice repaint, but I never saw any need to repaint the HT Leia head - it's by far the best head HT has done in the SW line, and one of their best overall. Her hair should be dark brown, not black, but other than that, the prod paint is really very good.

Like TB stated, nice pics and great paint job, but I personally think the likeness is better on the stock HT paint job. Easily the best human sculpt of the ANH line.

I agree with Darth Fok and Earthdog. I'm calling it now. They will rerelease this same Leia figure in Rouge One packaging with Death Star plans accessory. Maybe they'll put the effort and give her a smiling sculpt and upgrade the quality of the dress, maybe. Either way, this is not the last we'll see of the iconic classic buns Leia from Hot Toys.

I have to strongly disagree. They'll simply move on to ESB Leia, likely Hoth version.

Amazing pics and paint, Paul. Just Lover-ly...

So sure you are...

I think with the passing of Carrie Fisher, I wouldn't be shocked if they double dipped into this figure.

Oh, wow. To suggest that a woman being gratuitously sexually objectified in mainstream media back in "1982-83" is both arrogant and ignorant. Yes, 'gratuitously', despite your carefully-constructed justification about Jabba being vile and intending to demean her - he could merely have put a chain around her neck to achieve that. Princess Leia being placed in bondage in a skimpy outfit was simply a cheap device to appeal to a heterosexual male audience and sadly, this low blow continues to appeal to this day.

Women's Rights continue to be a struggle for equality to this day, but when the original Star Wars trilogy was being made, the Women's Rights movement was still at its infancy - and Hollywood movies continue to this day to be very slow to reflect evolving social attitudes.

Back then, women were expected to "display the goods" (as you put it) and this expectation was (and sadly, still is) acceptable amongst the wider community. Using other photos from the same era does not prove your point, it backs mine up. The earlier sexploitation pictures that noisyrobot posted do not support your statements either - using blatantly sexist images to support a sexist attitude??? And the really funny thing is the idea of George Lucas homaging 1950's pop culture - which is the epitome of white patriarchal middle class conservatism - that America seems to be reeling back towards.

Carrie has, as you mentioned, spoken several times about her feelings about this outfit - as well as the lack of bra under her original white gown in A New Hope (a necessity that George Lucas apparently personally insisted upon). The fact that she has only done so in more recent times is because that at the time, it was more likely that for a female actress to draw attention to such things would be viewed as being trouble-making and "un-ladylike".

Carrie did what was expected and what she probably thought that she had to do in order to succeed. And while this suggests choice, acquiescing to a contemporary social more does not indicate agreement with the situation, but resignation.

So, Princess Leia being chained to Jabba in a skimpy bikini was, and still is sexist and offensive. And the fact that you gag at the thought of Finn being placed in a similar situation only proves my point and your bias.

:slap

Words cannot describe my disgust regarding your foolish train of thought. Seek help.

I agree. While the quality of the paintjob is good, its over done. The eyes have too much make-up and lips are now the wrong shape as are the eyebrows. If it wasn't for the hair and dress, I would actually question who it is. The stock paint is better IMO.

Really nice to see a different 'version' of this figure and the paint job is very eye catching.

I agree. While the quality of the paintjob is good, its over done. The eyes have too much make-up and lips are now the wrong shape as are the eyebrows. If it wasn't for the hair and dress, I would actually question who it is. The stock paint is better IMO.

Agreed.

The Hot Toys original paint job is still way better IMO.

I actually like the new paint job quite a bit. Its beautiful. So I understand the appeal of it. I'm not sure it improves the likeness (that's a real statement...I'm not sure). I need to look at some comparisons. Her lipstick was pretty pronounced in ANH...

Princess+Leia+1.jpg

I think the paint job is quite well done indeed; however, it compromises the likeness though in my opinion. The likeness with just the stock HT paint apps is phenomenal.

^^I'm glad I'm not the only one^^

The country is really sliding down this path. I hope there are enough of us to redirect it back toward sanity...

Back