1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

The material on that dress looks like silk smooth and would drape nicely if HT gave us something similar to that :yess:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I opened this figure last night and have no major complaints. Obviously a longer dress would have been welcomed, but. . .it's fine. Sculpt is amazing. My only real quibble is that there is a speck of discoloration on my Leia's dress. Very, very small, but right smack dab on her torso, so your eye is drawn to it.

What a great figure. Her and the new Nick Fury may be the best sculpts HT has done. She is hands down the best female sculpt. Mine had no issues out of the box either thankfully. I have her with Ol Ben for now but I will probably rearrange.

I opened this figure last night and have no major complaints. Obviously a longer dress would have been welcomed, but. . .it's fine. Sculpt is amazing. My only real quibble is that there is a speck of discoloration on my Leia's dress. Very, very small, but right smack dab on her torso, so your eye is drawn to it.

Yeah, it really is a great figure. Definitely one of the best in the line.

Sorry to hear about the discoloration on yours, though. That blows.

so heres what I get for a total of $220 ....Sideshow said they wont exchange the box (they have extras on hand for damage claims) but said this one isnt severe enough to warrant the box exchange...they said I can return it for a refund at my expense, and they wont refund original shipping costs...
they said next time if I want safe shipping I can request it for an additional $10 ! on top of the $17 they charge/...funny, it will only cost me $8 to ship it back to them...sorry Sideshow..youve lost a customer over this one..
2819.JPG
2820.JPG
2821.JPG

wow that sucks that`s why I don't use ups they suck I have my stuff shipped through fedx I have not had hardly damaged boxes since I switched over to them 10 years ago

That's so BS and yes that's how you lose customers. If SS try to sell it in that condition, no one would buy it.

Simple but brilliant figure. I was pleasantly surprised by the dress material. While not as good as it could be its no where near as horrid as what SS used for theirs.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

so heres what I get for a total of $220 ....Sideshow said they wont exchange the box (they have extras on hand for damage claims) but said this one isnt severe enough to warrant the box exchange...they said I can return it for a refund at my expense, and they wont refund original shipping costs...
they said next time if I want safe shipping I can request it for an additional $10 ! on top of the $17 they charge/...funny, it will only cost me $8 to ship it back to them...sorry Sideshow..youve lost a customer over this one..
View attachment 261666
View attachment 261667
View attachment 261668

That's awful! Disappointing to see what poor service Sideshow is. What does $17 pay? It's already overpriced.

That's awful! Disappointing to see what poor service Sideshow is. What does $17 pay? It's already overpriced.

Call UPS and make a complaint or damage claim. They are used to this type of thing so don't expect them to sound like they care but they will go through the motions and that way you can hopefully recoup something (hopefully shipping both ways refunded and then you can re-order her from somewhere else as the exclusive is bogus).

SS sucks. Over double shipping and no protection or concern. I had a Probe droid shipped from BBTS in Wisconsin to Los Angeles and it only cost me $5.49!

Call UPS and make a complaint or damage claim. They are used to this type of thing so don't expect them to sound like they care but they will go through the motions and that way you can hopefully recoup something (hopefully shipping both ways refunded and then you can re-order her from somewhere else as the exclusive is bogus).

SS sucks. Over double shipping and no protection or concern. I had a Probe droid shipped from BBTS in Wisconsin to Los Angeles and it only cost me $5.49!

It doesn't hurt to check with UPS. Regardless, SS should have handled it better. I wonder how badly a damaged box must be to meet a certain threshold. Hope everything works out.

Got mine yesterday, opened her up about 45 minutes ago. She's a really great figure, likeness is spot on. I took some photos and did some poising with her, Luke, and Kylo Ren. I put up her backdrop and it's...okay. Nothing amazing but it does make my display pop a little so I'm glad I got the exclusive. I almost wish it was longer though. I got all 3 figures in the display but it'd be awesome if it extended enough for 6. I still have a Rey and Finn on preorder. I think when they come i'll break off ot trilogy from new trilogy and have 2 separate displays. I'm a little short on time today but I hope to have all my photos up to share sometime tomorrow :)

here is a shot of my hot toys leia nothing fancy and another version of her on hoth. IMG_0154.jpg

I worked for ups years ago. I use to see that 2 line damage on a box everytime the truck door would close on them. Sorry man. Choose bbts from now on.

Wow, if I received a box like that from Sideshow and they said I could get a refund but not including the shipping cost, I would make noise all the way up their customer service department! That to me is totally unacceptable for a $200+ figure. Sure it's the shipping company's fault, but Sideshow should at least be assisting you to get a claim back from whoever the shipping company was that they used.

Luckily FedEx and UPS to Australia seem to be much better since I get my figures from Sideshow is pretty mint condition. Shame this happened to you, but I definitely think Sideshow could and should have done better from a service point of view!

Wow, if I received a box like that from Sideshow and they said I could get a refund but not including the shipping cost, I would make noise all the way up their customer service department! That to me is totally unacceptable for a $200+ figure. Sure it's the shipping company's fault, but Sideshow should at least be assisting you to get a claim back from whoever the shipping company was that they used.

Yeah agreed. Even if I never had any intention of reselling the figure later, I'd still be pissed and want some kind of refund or replacement for damage as bad as that. Just for the freakin principle of it.

I also hate when places say "At least the figure is fine, that's what the packaging is there for." True, but they're collectibles... And part of the value in collectibles is mint packaging.

Damaged boxes suck, and that one is really bad. But Sideshow didn't cause that damage - why should they wear the cost of replacing it?

Anyone who's bought from SS knows that all that'll be protecting the box is a thin layer of cardboard.

It's a bummer, but if I really cared about the state of the box I'd order from BBTS. $205 for Leia.

Back