1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Here's a few of my pics..
hottoysleia2.jpg
hottoysleia3.jpg
hottoysleia6.jpg
hottoysleia7.jpg
hottoysleia9.jpg
hottoysleia13.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

hottoysleia4.jpg

I had some issues with the hood. When I first put it on her, she looked like an Klan member lol. It took a little futzing to get it looking decent. I wish the hood draped a little better.

heh. I probably should've taken the humidifier out of the shots. heheh. oh well.

They look like moisture farmers!

I love her. I think the dress could have used more length to replicate the baggy look that hangs over her belt. I think that's a pretty big miss on Hot Toys part. But other than that I don't really have any complaints. I think the sculpt is excellent and easily the winner out of all the other SW efforts HT has done.

Great pic. I'm not sue how you managed to mitigate the "wrist problem" but you did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the belt/dress easily removable? I didn't see an obvious part where it detaches but maybe it's just supposed to slide down around the hips?

Yeah the belt is a head scratcher for me too. Looks and feels cheap compared to everything else. At least SSC used leather on theirs. Other than that and the wireless sleeve cuffs, this is a fantastic figure.

I opened mine last night and it's a great sculpt of Carrie Fisher. My only complaint is that there are hardly any accessories so they should've gave everybody that backdrop and forgot about an exclusive.

I didn't even take the backdrop out. Someone needs to make a custom tactical screen. That would be brilliant.

Ever since I started collecting 1/6th scale figures I've wanted the core Star Wars cast. And Hot Toys have absolutely delivered with these figures over the past year or so. These will be figures that I cherish for a long time to come!

I still think an easy fix for the dress thing is just shortening the legs a bit. And the figure already looks way too tall next to Luke anyway:

princess_glamour_16mar15_getty_b_304x456.jpg

Excellent pics everyone! It makes the wait til Tuesday a little easier:impatient::)

Posing and then misting water helps the dress conform a great deal. I'm a little tempted to see if shirt starch might help create better defined pleats and draping.

I still think an easy fix for the dress thing is just shortening the legs a bit. And the figure already looks way too tall next to Luke anyway:
I think the only thing that makes it less tempting is that the ball joints seem attached to the legs. I'm guessing they're just pegs but they seem glued in, so the risk of breaking them makes it less enticing. If It were just a swap of the joints that's be great.

My humble collection now includes the Princess.

Attachments

• IMG_2026.JPG
    IMG_2026.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 265
Back