1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I pay that extra $10 to ensure I get a mint box. But I shouldn't have to. Every other place double boxes for no extra charge, they should too. Plain and simple.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I pay that extra $10 to ensure I get a mint box. But I shouldn't have to. Every other place double boxes for no extra charge, they should too. Plain and simple.

You don't have to. You can buy your goods from another store.

IMG_6169.JPGIMG_6174.JPG

I gotta tell ya, Han looks really good next to Leia in almost every pic.

so heres what I get for a total of $220 ....Sideshow said they wont exchange the box (they have extras on hand for damage claims) but said this one isnt severe enough to warrant the box exchange...they said I can return it for a refund at my expense, and they wont refund original shipping costs...
they said next time if I want safe shipping I can request it for an additional $10 ! on top of the $17 they charge/...funny, it will only cost me $8 to ship it back to them...sorry Sideshow..youve lost a customer over this one..

Unacceptable. Take it as far up SSC's CS chain as you can go, then to the Better Business Bureau and if that doesn't resolve it, take it up with your CC company/bank. For a company the size of SSC, with the amount of shipping volume they have, the rates they charge are absurd. This type of thing is not acceptable.

Damaged boxes suck, and that one is really bad. But Sideshow didn't cause that damage - why should they wear the cost of replacing it?

Anyone who's bought from SS knows that all that'll be protecting the box is a thin layer of cardboard.

It's a bummer, but if I really cared about the state of the box I'd order from BBTS. $205 for Leia.

Bottom line, the seller is responsible. I work in e-commerce, in IT sure, but I overhear many of the day to day problems. If an item is damaged in transit, the company pays for the replacement. Sure we file a claim with UPS, but that's not the customer's problem. In fact it's our CS staff that contacts UPS to file a claim, I just overheard it happening today. SSC can/should be filing claims with UPS for these things.

Having said all that yes, no one should be buying from SSC anymore, mostly because these types of things keep happening.

Bottom line, the seller is responsible. I work in e-commerce, in IT sure, but I overhear many of the day to day problems. If an item is damaged in transit, the company pays for the replacement. Sure we file a claim with UPS, but that's not the customer's problem. In fact it's our CS staff that contacts UPS to file a claim, I just overheard it happening today. SSC can/should be filing claims with UPS for these things.

Having said all that yes, no one should be buying from SSC anymore, mostly because these types of things keep happening.

Will your company pay for damaged packing though? Does Sideshow consider the packaging to be part of the item, ie in offering the pack-out option are they putting the onus on the customer to determine this...

Not when Sideshow has exclusives.

Good point.

wow that sucks that`s why I don't use ups they suck I have my stuff shipped through fedx I have not had hardly damaged boxes since I switched over to them 10 years ago

It's to opposite for me , I received my first SS orders shipped from FedEx with very badly damaged boxes and switched to UPS and haven't has a problem. In any case that sucks receiving a figure with that much damage to the box, and SS not doing anything about it . When I had my issues with Fed ex they gladly replaced the boxes for me.

Here's a shot I took today

Will your company pay for damaged packing though? Does Sideshow consider the packaging to be part of the item, ie in offering the pack-out option are they putting the onus on the customer to determine this...

My company ships loose items in heat-sealed clear bags, packed in simple brown boxes, the packaging has no value. The point remains though, that it was UPS that damaged these items, and there's a method in which SSC can be reimbursed. So, in my view, it renders that whole argument moot.

I understand that SSC doesn't consider the packaging part of the item. I strongly disagree. I remember watching one of their BTS videos featuring their graphic design department, and how they designed the packaging. It looked like great fun, and I'm sure they take pride in their work. But essentially, SSC is saying their work is worthless, and has no value. That's not cool.

For the Vader comic, the artist uses the Sideshow deluxe as his model for every panel of Vader. So even though it's supposed to be Vader after ANH, he's wearing all the ROTJ garb, plus it's annoying cause I have to keep seeing the deluxe even after selling it a year ago.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! He constantly uses trace art too - can he not tell that the movie Vader's helmet tilts farther back, and that his model (and thus, his art) looks wrong?

I totally understand wanting a physical model to help with artwork, but the SSC Deluxe is so off in so many ways...

Here's my quick look at the new Hot Toys Princess Leia. A few annoying things, but overall she looks amazing on display with the other core cast from A New Hope!

I just got my Leia today but had to change my delivery location to a UPS store in my area cause I wasn't home to sign for it. I can't wait to open it but that other freak here who got his Leia in that crushed packaging really does suck. SSC is becoming pretty weak in replacing stuff. For a $17 shipping cost, they should replace that art box, cause that's part of the collectible. The argument of the brown box not being part of the collectible I can agree, but the art box is.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! He constantly uses trace art too - can he not tell that the movie Vader's helmet tilts farther back, and that his model (and thus, his art) looks wrong?

I totally understand wanting a physical model to help with artwork, but the SSC Deluxe is so off in so many ways...

Someone else here pointed it out to me first. Maybe it was you. :)

But yeah, the more I read the more annoyed I get, overall the art is nice and maybe better than the main SW comic but he needs a new model--someone send this guy the HT Vader. Even then he wouldn't do the necessary mods like raising the cod piece so it would still look all wrong. Just watch the movie! :lol

What's a shame is that it would actually be cool to work in the subtle suit changes into the comic but clearly whosever is running the show isn't even aware of these details. Even when they're good the comics read like fan fiction. Can't believe they consider them canon.

Someone else here pointed it out to me first. Maybe it was you. :)

But yeah, the more I read the more annoyed I get, overall the art is nice and maybe better than the main SW comic but he needs a new model--someone send this guy the HT Vader. Even then he wouldn't do the necessary mods like raising the cod piece so it would still look all wrong. Just watch the movie![emoji38]
What's a shame is that it would actually be cool to work in the subtle suit changes into the comic but clearly whosever is running the show isn't even aware of these details. Even when they're good the comics read like fan fiction. Can't believe they consider them canon.
Yeah, I wish they had Incorporated the change in his suit too. It would have been really cool to see him switch to the ESB suit around the time he figures out he has a son and begins planning to overthrow the Emperor, with him discarding the trappings of subservience (his ANH suit), so to speak.

Some of it I like and some of it strikes me as fan fiction. I like that they kept Tagge around, and I think he is an interesting ideological opponent for Vader. There isn't near enough Imperial politics, though. I want House of Cards with Darth Vader, dammit!

I like the idea of technological substitutes for the Force, because seeing Vader interact with those walking blasphemies helps expand upon a facet of Vader we see a brief glimpse of in ANH, that being Vader as "Darth Vader the traditionalist", and the irony of that seeing as he is "more machine than man".

However, I really hate a lot of the new characters in the series. They're all very superhero comic book-y/fan fiction-y. Just evil versions of pre-existing characters.

"It's Chewbacca - but black and evil!"
"It's Threepio and Artoo - but evil!"
"It's Boba Fett - but a midget!"
"It's Indiana Jones - but in SW and she's a girl and she's annoying and we're going to shoehorn her into accompanying Vader, whom she has no business accompanying!"

Inspector Thanoth is one of the few new characters I do like. In addition, despite the very un-Star Wars setting of the recent Shu-Torun War arc, I really liked the character of Queen Trios and Vader's relationship with her.

I opened this figure last night and have no major complaints. Obviously a longer dress would have been welcomed, but. . .it's fine. Sculpt is amazing. My only real quibble is that there is a speck of discoloration on my Leia's dress. Very, very small, but right smack dab on her torso, so your eye is drawn to it.

Just saw this. I had like 3 specks of discoloration on my figures dress also. I used a tide to go stain remover pen and it works wonderfully.
1. Shake the pen
2. Push the pen tip down into the top of your hand as you hold the figure. This will disperse a tiny puddle of cleaner liquid.
3. Dip the pen tip in the puddle on your hand and transfer the wet tip (lol) to the spot and gently rub away
4. watch the stain disappear without a ring or residue.

I used the same Tide to go pen on my premium format Leia and it never disappoints.

Back