1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I see people in the States getting their Leias, are these from Sideshow?
I called them earlier and Leia isn't going to ship to me until April.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Sent from the bat cave

I'm 40 and I just don't think women wear slips anymore. I remember my mom wearing one back in the 80's.

They are getting them from Hong Kong dealers.

I'm 40 and I just don't think women wear slips anymore. I remember my mom wearing one back in the 80's.
I see...
Well... This figure is based on a character from long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away...[emoji848]

Sent from the 80s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457528286.020171.jpg

Nice review Alpha. Seeing how you set up the dio piece with Leia and R2 just helped me decide to order R2. I was going to wait for a Hot Toys version but now I need him to go with my Leia figure.

You mentioned the hood in your review and how it doesn't want to lay flat against her back. I was able to futz the wires to get it to where it doesn't stick out. You just need to bend them to follow the contour of her back.

Is your hood open in the back? Mine is open and wired just like the front. I'm hoping that's just how it's designed and not a defect. I really don't want to have to send this back to Hong Kong.

I see people in the States getting their Leias, are these from Sideshow?
I called them earlier and Leia isn't going to ship to me until April.

I'm slated for an April delivery as well (from SS).

Someone needs to make a new "skirt" that is fuller and hangs to the ground. This addition can be hidden under the belt.

Tony Meis....?

I do plan on making my own once I have the actual dress in hand so I can match the material as best I can. Should be very easy to do.

It's all one piece with the "folds" stitched at the waist. It's all hidden by the belt. I'm sure the stitches could be removed, a la Kylo's hood, where you could futz the folds yourself.

There's not much give to the material nor is there very much room to futz. You can pull it down a tiny bit and pull a bit more out from under the belt. I think a Tony Meis custom may be the best route for those who already don't care for the Hot Toys dress. I'd probably buy one but if nothing is ever offered, I'll be content with what's on her now.

Hot Toys should have just made it a bit longer and roomier and it would be perfect.

It's all one piece with the "folds" stitched at the waist. It's all hidden by the belt. I'm sure the stitches could be removed, a la Kylo's hood, where you could futz the folds yourself.

There's not much give to the material nor is there very much room to futz. You can pull it down a tiny bit and pull a bit more out from under the belt. I think a Tony Meis custom may be the best route for those who already don't care for the Hot Toys dress. I'd probably buy one but if nothing is ever offered, I'll be content with what's on her now.

Hot Toys should have just made it a bit longer and roomier and it would be perfect.

Ok, thanks for the information. I think it could be converted to pleated skirt, by ironing...

Is your hood open in the back? Mine is open and wired just like the front. I'm hoping that's just how it's designed and not a defect. I really don't want to have to send this back to Hong Kong.

I'll check mine for you too.

Back