1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Funny, the 1st time i brought my girlfriend over and she saw my collection. we were talking about them and I said "some of my friends give me crap about my dolls" and she said "these are not dolls. I had lots of dolls growing up, your friends are idiots". A little later she said "you should have a villan shelf". This was her 1st time seeing Hot Toys. She is awesome.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Funny, the 1st time i brought my girlfriend over and she saw my collection. we were talking about them and I said "some of my friends give me crap about my dolls" and she said "these are not dolls. I had lots of dolls growing up, your friends are idiots". A little later she said "you should have a villan shelf". This was her 1st time seeing Hot Toys. She is awesome.

Sounds like a keeper. And like she mynggyuuuuyuuuuu

Edit: my cat just finished that last sentence and stepped on the reply button. Was gonna say "and like she might start her own collection."

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

That is incredible. I hope I can find a girl like that!

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

That's so cute.

giphy.gif

:)
:lol Best recent addition to my detolf. Really livens up the display.

So I have never purchased a Hot Toys product or very many 1/6 scale figure in general (mostly Hasbro's 12" line from the late 90s and some Medicom DARK KNIGHT figures). I saw on eBay that there are already pre-orders for this Leia figure ... nearly $250. Do ya'll think it's worth it to do a pre-order now or do you think that as the release date gets closer, there will be a chance to pre-order it at a slightly better price?

So I have never purchased a Hot Toys product or very many 1/6 scale figure in general (mostly Hasbro's 12" line from the late 90s and some Medicom DARK KNIGHT figures). I saw on eBay that there are already pre-orders for this Leia figure ... nearly $250. Do ya'll think it's worth it to do a pre-order now or do you think that as the release date gets closer, there will be a chance to pre-order it at a slightly better price?

Never NEVER PO on eBay.

i think this will be up for preorder fairly soon on SS, perhaps a week or so. who knows maybe even tomorrow?!

Arg, every time I think I've moved on, I see a cool shot like that of Bespin Luke and suddenly want one again.

These are cheaper to collect when buying them.

On the minus side: They only cost more over the course of years.

Next to that they won't stay in the detolf. I accually bought two of these collectibles but both just keep running around and scratching things

That's so cute.

giphy.gif

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the exclusive backdrop, is that meant to be the detention area cell block corridor? Only needs to be turned on its side?

Yes that and they said they were going to use a different factory to get the paintjob consistant [emoji16]

:lol

And when you contacted Sideshow about the issue I bet they said, "We've checked our stock and they're all the same."

A female sculpt that looks really good.....I'll likely purchase.

Thinking I need to rethink my collecting strategy with the new HT line. I just don't have the cash to get all of the ones I want. So it looks like it will be core heros from ANH. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and Ben. That with my SS R2 and C-3PO I will have to draw the line. Gonna reluctantly cancel my Stormtrooper pre-order. Can't have one trooper without getting Vader and all of the other troopers.
That's where I am at too Garemlin. There are just too many characters coming out to be able to afford them all. I had to set up some collecting restrictions to narrow things down. Even then it's an expensive endeavour.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I accually bought two of these collectibles but both just keep running around and scratching things
Sounds like it's time for a trade thread in the marketplace. :)

Love the little kitty on the shelf! :lol
She really "pops" under the dioder lights. Looks better in hand.

Honestly this has always been a leia i'm most fond of and yet there has never been a good figure till now. This will look good in the SW lineup, its weird i wont have chewie or han though.

Yeah i thought about it, but one is almost 7 years old. His headsculpt is a little outdated. The other one is cute, but he is an ex version. Comes with extra puke and poop from time to time.

Sounds like it's time for a trade thread in the marketplace. :)

She really "pops" under the dioder lights. Looks better in hand.

Yeah this looks very good. I could almost see buying her as part of a trinity of my favourite females in sci-fi - Leia, Ripley and Sarah Connor. Although I'm not sure I'll actually do that.

Yeah this looks very good. I could almost see buying her as part of a trinity of my favourite females in sci-fi - Leia, Ripley and Sarah Connor. Although I'm not sure I'll actually do that.

You're gonna slip up bro.

:lol

And when you contacted Sideshow about the issue I bet they said, "We've checked our stock and they're all the same."

And they didn't tell you that you had to feed them either. What a ripoff! :rotfl

Back