1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

11227768_944156575648659_3182985829668339578_n.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Looks fairly close to the prototype that's been on display to me. :dunno

Yes that and they said they were going to use a different factory to get the paintjob consistant [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one of these - the "rag doll" variety. Got really floppy joints. Might tighten them with a screwdriver...

Hahaha. Maybe dremel it out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There better be tape on the bewbs for accuracy.

Aw more hand-painted artisan prototypes that will look nothing like the final production pieces.

Yeah no kidding, i am getting tired of jc hong posting those as they serve no purpose in the end. HT almost never gets it that good, just look at how john matrix turned out. :slap

That's JC's personal FB profile... I think it's more of him showing off his own work, rather than showing what you'll get from the factory.

That's JC's personal FB profile... I think it's more of him showing off his own work, rather than showing what you'll get from the factory.

Exactly the point as its misleading, most people see that and think thats what they will be getting or at least close to it.

Exactly the point as its misleading, most people see that and think thats what they will be getting or at least close to it.
And it's generally what we end up getting so I don't see the problem? These days the main difference from proto to production sculpt is that the production version is softer. It's been that way for a very long time now.

Maybe some people, but I don't think the majority of people following him on FB nor seeing the shared posts in groups like OSR think that. The photos are also taken with a cell phone and often are a bit blocky and flat in color, so at least those things will improve in-hand. ;)

Yeah and we all think that Sideshow's Indy is going to turn out like that prototype painted by a world class painter!

I don't see people being disappointed with the paint on the BD RoboCop, DOFP Wolverine, AoU Cap, Groot and Starlord, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im curious if the hood works or is it tacked down to dress

Im sure Leia will cost the same as Luke since they added a background for the lack of accessories and completely forgot the computer disc for R2

Last edited:

Yeah and we all think that Sideshow's Indy is going to turn out like that prototype painted by a world class painter!

I don't see people being disappointed with the paint on the BD RoboCop, DOFP Wolverine, AoU Cap, Groot and Starlord, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wont disagree with your logic though i dont think AOU Cap counts. It was already perfected with the previous strike cap, all they had to do was repaint the heads.

I wont disagree with your logic though i dont think AOU Cap counts. It was already perfected with the previous strike cap, all they had to do was repaint the heads.
Well as the whole discussion is about the paint apps I think that Cap production piece is a valid comparison.

Do they tend to be overpriced or just un-reliable sellers? Should I just wait and pre-order the figure from SS's website?

No, the main issue is that eBay and PayPal only covers you for... I think 45 days after order date. So the sellers can just walk away freely with your money and you can't get it back thru PayPal/eBay's policies.

There are only a handful of trusted sellers.

Personally I buy from SSC and only hint sold out figs on ebay

Back