1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Ebay extended that date the last time they did new rule adjustments. Unbelievably, you now have 6 months to file a claim on an item. As a seller, it means they can use an item and ruin it in six month's time and then say it didn't arrive as described. I hardly ever use ebay anymore because of this. Everything is in the buyer's favor and the sellers are wrong no matter what.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Ebay extended that date the last time they did new rule adjustments. Unbelievably, you now have 6 months to file a claim on an item. As a seller, it means they can use an item and ruin it in six month's time and then say it didn't arrive as described. I hardly ever use ebay anymore because of this. Everything is in the buyer's favor and the sellers are wrong no matter what.

Wtf?! Six months?

I'm switching to Amazon and Craigslist:lol

Granted, it's probably not used very often when an item has been in their possession for more than the 45 days. But the simple fact that Ebay allowed such a stupid time frame in the first place is just ludicrous.

I had to google to even find the info for this. Looks like Ebay doesn't want people to actually know this anymore. LOL I found this on Consumer Affairs.
PayPal expanding return window to six months

Aw more hand-painted artisan prototypes that will look nothing like the final production pieces.
Where you been?

It's usually HT' sculpts that sometimes miss the mark, not the paint so much. :lol

Thats why I always ship with signature confirmation and insurance, IF i ever sell on eBay. Too many low lifes on there to not take any precaution you can.

If they had a sensible policy it would be something like this: 180 for item receipt. Once item is received, with tracking or confirmation, 15 days for issues or not as described. Period. So in other words, if an item is delivered in 5 days, they have effectively 20 days total from the date of the sale. Item takes 1 month? Then that's 45 days total. Simple, effective, fair - easy to verify document trail.

What their blanket 180 day policy amounts to is a warranty. If you want to make sure you're covered, you'll ned to build the price of the warranty into the price of the goods sold, just like manufacturers/retailers do (which can be 50% or more of an item's retail price).

Thats why I always ship with signature confirmation and insurance, IF i ever sell on eBay. Too many low lifes on there to not take any precaution you can.

I've been burned a couple of times over the years on smaller items, plus one Marmit that amounted to buyer's remorse, I think. Not a low-life per se, but whatever, I ate the shipping on return.

It's a numbers game though, so the less I have to use Ebay the better. It's been a help to move stuff while I figured out all these collecting shenanigans though.

Can't beat it for exposure and volume.

It's a numbers game though, so the less I have to use Ebay the better.

It's definitely a numbers game, but you've drawn the wrong conclusion. You average out bad transactions by making more good ones. High volume is the way to go and you should always expect and account for some problems (2 to 5% maybe). The overwhelming majority of people, both buyer and sellers, are not low-life scum, even if sometimes that's hard to believe. The same applies to Facebook, and let me tell you, there are a lot of ass-hats there.

Actually upon reading this, yes. I've got hundreds of Ebay transactions and the vast majority of them were convenient and effective.

Data talks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold stuff a few several years back and never had any issues with buyers. However twice I was scammed by sellers. One where the item never arrived and since I had purchased from this seller previously and had no issues, I wasn't worried about the parcel taking longer to ship. Well the 45 days lapsed and I couldn't claim back after that.
Second time was a guy posting me a completely different and fake item from what was listed in the sale. Put a Paypal claim in straight away and got all my money back and the guy didn't even want the item shipped back to him....it was a cheap fake after all.

Wouldn't surprise me that many of these shoddy buyers have also been shoddy sellers.

Pre orders on EBay though have always said that the item must be shipped after 30 days. But anyone pre ordering a figure is going to be waiting a lot longer than that. Even 6 months isn't going to be long enough, so I really wouldn't risk it because you have no chance to claim after those 6 months and by then, the seller could have closed their accounts and disappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^Exactly, plus there are so many reputable stores/sites that will have these same pre-orders up and for better prices. Leia for $250? Doubt it will be that much.

Well, Pepper Potts, who comes with basic clothing, hands, stand, one Iron Man arm, and a. . .document of some kind is $225. Prepare for more of the same with Leia.

I thought Leia was going up today. Official pics were released.

Well, Pepper Potts, who comes with basic clothing, hands, stand, one Iron Man arm, and a. . .document of some kind is $225. Prepare for more of the same with Leia.

I was going to post the same. Pepper did come with the IM arm but I expect Leia to be comparable price-wise.

Definitely not a good sign for a reasonably priced Leia. :(

Leia won't be less than $220, that is the new lowest price for a figure these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So pretty much every 1/6 figure now has an NRD at SSC - Leia included. If it was in the $200 range, it might have slipped by.

Screw it, I'm cancelling my order and waiting for Star Ace.

Screw it, I'm cancelling my order and waiting for Star Ace.

Well, they nailed this one...

tumblr_lhkppcjgkb1qglfh3o1_500.jpg

Back