1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is her death a good enough justification for buying this?
Don't you like the figure?

Yes, I think it is more than reason enough to finally get around to buying this figure. Yes, her death has prompted me to act.
I'd like to have her original SW likeness represented in my collection.
I always liked the head sculpt, but was slightly unsure of the garment initially.

Thanks for asking.

My first celebrity crush. May the Force be with her...
54297a2f6beef0cd00fcdc9a1b8fc044.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice idea. Will look forward to seeing what you all come up with.
I'm yet to buy Princess Leia, but will be making it my next purchase, after hearing the terrible news of Carrie Fisher's death.
I was really caught off guard by the news and surprisingly shaken by it, never having met her.
We've lost Princess Leia and R2-D2 this year... :-(
Tonight I am going to bed listening to "Wishful Drinking" on my iPod and am going to savour every word.

As an aside, I really thought if Carrie Fisher had any kind of underlying heart problems, they would have found it prior to administering her ECT at six week intervals. Don't they have to do a full medical work-up before that kind of treatment?

She used to do a lot of cocaine. Any damage done to her heart was probably done decades ago. It just finally caught up with her.

I was already glad to have this figure in my collection, but am now extremely glad and happy to have her displayed in my collection after today.

She used to do a lot of cocaine. Any damage done to her heart was probably done decades ago. It just finally caught up with her.
You're probably right, and in all likelyhood did catch up with her.

An excerpt from her book "Wishful Drinking" (abridged)
"I understood that my life was unusual...I knew my life was a different kind of real...that had a tendency to set me apart from others...and when you're young you want to fit in. Hell, I still want to fit in with certain humans, but as you get older you get a little more discriminating. Well, my parents were professionally committed to sticking out, so all too frequently I found myself sticking out, right along with them. Now, I'm certainly not asking anyone to feel bad for me or suggest that my existence could be described as a predicament of some kind; I'm simply describing the dynamic that was at work during my formative years."

What a crushing loss. :(

Had to put in an order for the HT. Been wanting it for a long time, and I don't want to pay the inevitable scalper prices she's going to go for soon.

I've been on the fence and after today I need to order her & add her to my collection. She will be missed...

I had been looking into getting this figure within the last couple weeks. After the news today, I pulled the trigger. Found it on eBay for a really great price brand-new. She will be greatly missed. Can't believe 2016 took her and R2. She was my first crush.

I had been looking into getting this figure within the last couple weeks. After the news today, I pulled the trigger. Found it on eBay for a really great price brand-new. She will be greatly missed. Can't believe 2016 took her and R2. She was my first crush.

Same! Almost bought her and Han a few weeks ago, bought her earlier

Amazing photo, TonTon.

Sadly, I've noticed a bump in HT Leia prices already on Ebay. Although there are some that remain at roughly retail price, others have climbed to over $400 AUD - which I've not seen previously. Pretty offensive, but predictable nonetheless. :(

Thought I'd share my tribute to Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, with some poignant dialogue from the Star Wars Annual #2 comic:

BF14E258-7971-4867-978A-4A9ABA45E633.jpg

“All I can do is make their sacrifice mean something. Give everything I have to this cause the same way they did.

To stop would be to be unworthy of them… unworthy of what they gave… of what I took from them.

Truth be told, it’s not their sacrifice, their deaths… that keeps me up most nights.

It’s the question.

The question of… if I would do anything differently.

Imagine trying to look yourself in the mirror every day once you realize that the answer is no.

No, you would do it all again, you would still sacrifice all of those innocent lives if it means stopping the Empire.

Princess. Rebel. Politician. Daughter. Friend. Fighter. Survivor. Betrayer. Monster.

These are words others use to describe me, and words I also use for myself. Some fit more than others.

But I would rather be a monster that believes in something, that would sacrifice everything to make the galaxy better, than be someone gifted who sits on the sidelines and watches as if it has no consequence to them.

Rebellion is an idea bigger than any of us, it has to be to inspire. It is alive. Only as strong as its weakest link. What matters is that it survives us, that it grows beyond us.

I will die for it, I’m sure. Today, maybe. But I will fight for it with every breath, anything less is to have done nothing. Anything less is for Alderaan to have meant nothing.”

- Princess Leia Organa, Star Wars Annual #2

May the Force be with you, Carrie Fisher. Thank you for being the greatest rebel princess there was.

I just hope HOT TOYS gets around to a Force Awakens General Leia so we have Leia from beginning to end. Its been a very sad day :(

Amazing photo, TonTon.

Sadly, I've noticed a bump in HT Leia prices already on Ebay. Although there are some that remain at roughly retail price, others have climbed to over $400 AUD - which I've not seen previously. Pretty offensive, but predictable nonetheless. :(

I know, it's unbelievable. Lots of price gouging and newly listed figures. I bought a second today - I've been meaning to get one for a while for a slave Leia custom and I thought there was probably no time to lose. They only did one run of these and it's easily the best HT Star Wars figure, maybe the best Star Wars figure ever. Big Chief Studios were doing it for £180 earlier this evening but they've sold out now.

Still available at Sideshow with free US shipping. **** you, scalpers!

Just ordered her from Sideshow. Free shipping and I used reward points, so it's not costing me anything. Honestly I'm not sure why I even waited ordering her because the head sculpt is one of Hot Toys best.

Just ordered her from Sideshow. Free shipping and I used reward points, so it's not costing me anything. Honestly I'm not sure why I even waited ordering her because the head sculpt is one of Hot Toys best.

To be honest, it's the price that's kept me all this time. As "basic" as this comes, I wouldn't had hesitated at $175 and I was looking for a deal. With that said, I can live with the $205 shipped price for her.

Did she always have free shipping?

Back