1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Yeah I was tempted to use some double-sided tape to keep the hood in place, but didn't want to accidentally pull any paint off the top. Hopefully the Yunsil dress will drape a lot better whenever it gets made.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

The belt appears to be glued at the back so has to be cut/broken to get her dress and slip off..

Thanks.

A bit like taking apart Sideshow's Fett then.

how was the sideshow ANH leia`s belt to the hot toys ANH version. as for accuracy and quality wise as I have both

My other princess just showed up on the shelf to join ANH Leia (and umm... Dave closed that Leia Slave thread.)

Not in the same realm as the amazing HT Leia effort, but she's destined for the darkness of my Jabba dio anyway - once it's done. Likeness isn't great - just a random female head :)lol) I thought looked a bit like that kinda gaunt/thinner face Carrie had by ROTJ - it was like $20 and a body I've had for years so the fig's only about $50 out of pocket - rest is just old Hasbro.

Didn't use any of those new bootleg kits, and didn't want to gamble $80+ on a seamless body that might split in a couple of years. Haven't finished the collar/chain yet, that should help on the slight head/body color mismatch. Boots have the ankle split for better action poses.

leia%20slave_zpszhf0gobx.png

Awesome! Can you show a closeup of the boot split? And where did you get the head?

Missed the delivery last Friday, so only just got Leia.

I like her a lot. The sculpt is so impressive, and the dress isn't as bad I'd expected. I like the way they stitched the upper section so that it creates a fall of creased material over the belt.

At first I dispensed with the waist grabber, because those things can just make a mess of figures. But the crotch grabber created its own problems by pushing the dress out at the back, and the under skirt tight against the front of the dress.

So I removed the grabber and just stood her over the plastic rod. She's sturdy enough, and if she does fall she can't go anywhere because the under skirt holds her.

At least now I finally have the full, original team. :)

Team Milano vs. Team Falcon:

30754982494_de4306dbd9_o.jpg

30754980834_a3ea818cf6_o.jpg

Missed the delivery last Friday, so only just got Leia.

I like her a lot. The sculpt is so impressive, and the dress isn't as bad I'd expected. I like the way they stitched the upper section so that it creates a fall of creased material over the belt.

At first I dispensed with the waist grabber, because those things can just make a mess of figures. But the crotch grabber created its own problems by pushing the dress out at the back, and the under skirt tight against the front of the dress.

So I removed the grabber and just stood her over the plastic rod. She's sturdy enough, and if she does fall she can't go anywhere because the under skirt holds her.

At least now I finally have the full, original team. :)

Team Milano vs. Team Falcon:

30754982494_de4306dbd9_o.jpg

30754980834_a3ea818cf6_o.jpg

Too easy....no comment.

Not making light of it, just my clumsy way of saying I'm concerned. Sounds like she's stable. *prayers*

Back