1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

You guys are crazy. :lol

Still can't wait, but I admit as iconic as this version is, the outfit is still kinda boring. It would have helped if they'd nailed it, but everything that's been said about it is pretty true. I still think she'll look pretty good on the shelf, but perhaps something more interesting than a museum pose will be needed for her to take away from the outfit's shortcomings.

My current plan is to pair her up with Vader/Droid or Luke Stormtrooper (I took farmboy Luke down from display) and see what works best. Maybe I'll sell her off when a Hoth version comes out but I'll be happy to have her in the meantime.

Ren is an awesome figure, but with a painted headsculpt you're talking a $375 figure.

Here are a few pics from the bloggers we've all seen to remind myself what I'm getting.

12771591_10153334832687344_8682820987702288432_o.jpg

12771766_10153334835352344_2775259699344916173_o.jpg

12778863_10153334831532344_3710776491831710801_o.jpg

The top one exemplifies what I don't like in the figure but the other two are good, especially the bottom one. Now only if I could afford Jazz's awesome Death Star backdrop.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

The top one exemplifies what I don't like in the figure but the other two are good, especially the bottom one. Now only if I could afford Jazz's awesome Death Star backdrop.
I had to show one full body shot, and unfortunately none are that great. Maybe I'll have her standing behind something to hide the bottom of the dress.

The dress hangs all wrong, she's got hardly any accessories, and the outfit has zero visual interest. On the other hand when you open the box you see a figure that looks like a 1/6 scale living, breathing human being. There's a kind of purity to it. You either want something like this in your collection, or you prefer Sandtrooper type figures with cool armour and accessories.

Yeah I won't deny there's always something incredibly fun and cool about opening up a HT box for the first time and seeing the detailed figure inside... but unfortunately once that feeling is past all the annoying issues start to become a lot more apparent. And I can just see the outfit on this being a major source of frustration after awhile.

Im the minority here. In hand, the Sandtrooper and Kylo Ren were like "meh" as soon as I opened them. (Ren is my most boring figure TBH)

Chewie, Vader, and Luke..I was like hell yes!
Must be something psychological.

Attachments

• IMG_1852.JPG
    IMG_1852.JPG
    860 KB · Views: 207

The dress hangs all wrong, she's got hardly any accessories, and the outfit has zero visual interest. On the other hand when you open the box you see a figure that looks like a 1/6 scale living, breathing human being. There's a kind of purity to it. You either want something like this in your collection, or you prefer Sandtrooper type figures with cool armour and accessories.

Well said. :lecture

The outfit (thick material and short length) and lack of accessories really hurts this figure. But the sculpt looks amazing and this is the only Leia that I "need" in my collection. It can't arrive quick enough.

I just got my last flexpay notice. Anyone know why the Leia figure is higher on shipping than the others? Shipping was $20.72 for her and $10 for Luke. Is it because of that backdrop on the Ex?

Cause the others had flat rate $10 shipping for everybody. Boba will be more expensive too, as with all the TFA figures, spacetrooper, and sandtrooper.

Well said. :lecture

The outfit (thick material and short length) and lack of accessories really hurts this figure. But the sculpt looks amazing and this is the only Leia that I "need" in my collection. It can't arrive quick enough.

Material isn't thick. It's actually quite thin and feels quality.

Leia is a pretty boring figure but looks great paired with any of the other OT figures. True she is barebones and only comes with a couple blasters, but what else could they have included? The only other accessory that I can think of would be the interrogator droid, and if you have Vader you're all set.

Yeah, the accessories don't bother me if the figure has what it needs. Luke has a ton of stuff but it doesn't make me like the figure more.

I just want a Leia from 1977 Star Wars, to go with Luke. Nostalgia, even though my head tells me the Boba Fett for the same price has so much more to it as figure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Material isn't thick. It's actually quite thin and feels quality.

Leia is a pretty boring figure but looks great paired with any of the other OT figures. True she is barebones and only comes with a couple blasters, but what else could they have included? The only other accessory that I can think of would be the interrogator droid, and if you have Vader you're all set.

Good to hear that the material isn't thick but it still doesn't drape right. I know that it is difficult to recreate that in 1/6th scale but I was hoping it would look better than the old SS Leia, in that regard.

As for accessories, there really isn't much but they could have added the white hand-cuffs, the Death Star plans chip that she loads into R2 and perhaps the clear plastic map/stand from the Yavin scenes.

princess-leia-organa.jpg

Would have definitely preferred that to the cardboard "exclusive"... :monkey4

Yeah those clear wall diagrams would actually make for cool backgrounds for a lot of SW figures.

Finally... I have cancelled Leia... And then, I read all your comments about her dress issues. I think the same. I like head sculpt, but her outfit... I know that I will fight with her clothes to make poses.

Next time... maybe...

Yeah, the accessories don't bother me if the figure has what it needs. Luke has a ton of stuff but it doesn't make me like the figure more.

I feel the same way on him, something just makes me not like him on the shelf (I think it is his tunic/karate jacket). I am hoping I like her better. As far as accessories, I would have loved the binders and the data chip which SSC monstrosity included. The transparent map thing would be awesome as well.

I just got my last flexpay notice. Anyone know why the Leia figure is higher on shipping than the others? Shipping was $20.72 for her and $10 for Luke. Is it because of that backdrop on the Ex?

That backdrop weighs next to nothing and fits in under a plastic tray so you would hope not.

Those wall maps are awesome. Was one of my favorite accessories at 3.75" scale.

That backdrop weighs next to nothing and fits in under a plastic tray so you would hope not.

Just found it odd since she's smaller in general. Luke and Obiwan both were $10 shipping. Vader and Sandtrooper were more because the boxes are larger and had more stuff.

Vader should have been $10 too, it's not because of how much stuff is in the box, it's a promotion, one that she doesn't have.

Back