1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Get this Next week, then all that is left is a Hot Toys R2D2 and C3PO, not bothering with anything outside A NEW HOPE.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I can't believe people are cancelling if they've committed to the whole line up 'til this point... it's ANH Leia :dunno

I can't believe people are cancelling if they've committed to the whole line up 'til this point... it's ANH Leia :dunno

Old ben beard is not right, oh well buy

han solo head sculpt does not look like ford, oh well buy

Chewbacca face is to dark, oh well buy

Luke has brown hair and not blonde, oh well buy

Darth Vader code piece to low and belt boxes to spread out, oh well buy

Leia dress not accurate, will not buy

:slap

With one of the better sculpts in recent memory too. They'll come around. I'd like to know how many of the people ripping the chewie fig before release now have him on the shelf.

Cool. You should be able to pick up the Sideshow releases on the board here or ebay. Cheers!

Cool. You should be able to pick up the Sideshow releases on the board here or ebay. Cheers!

i don't collect sideshow , but thanks

With one of the better sculpts in recent memory too. They'll come around. I'd like to know how many of the people ripping the chewie fig before release now have him on the shelf.

Ha, yeah, lots of hand-wringing over Chewie until the fig was in hand.

Nailz was pointing out how some others are thinking about the line-up, not how Nailz is thinking :)

Don't collect Hasbro either

I do. darn it.
Hey you know Im just giving you are hard time Nailz..keeping this thread alive.:)
I have a feeling Leia will be one of the most sought after in the line..people will pass and realize that no collection is complete without her. frumpy dress and all.

I do. darn it.
Hey you know Im just giving you are hard time Nailz..keeping this thread alive.:)
I have a feeling Leia will be one of the most sought after in the line..people will pass and realize that no collection is complete without her. frumpy dress and all.

LOL i thought your next comment was to go get my shine box

i have Ben, Luke, Han, Chewi, Vader, and leia coming in , i also have Bespin Luke, but i will not fall into the star wars trap anymore, i will only collect A New Hope, of the entire New Hope line, the only thing that bugs me is vaders gloves everything else is amazing and detailed.

Unless "Honey I shrunk the 70s Star Wars Characters" happens ... every single sculpt, costume and accessories will be inaccurate in some way. Leia is not perfect but nothing ever is.

I remember when Sideshow first came out with sixth scale figures, they were way better than Hasbro but cost $40 - $50. My how times have changed!!

Unless "Honey I shrunk the 70s Star Wars Characters" happens ... every single sculpt, costume and accessories will be inaccurate in some way. Leia is not perfect but nothing ever is.

Wise words. You will be happy in life. :lecture

I'll get her when she ends up in the $50 off International Code bargain bin that Luke's in now. (I should've waited to get Luke, or cancelled him like Leia since he's a really disappointing figure).

Surprised that so many Star Wars figures are in there - Spacetrooper and all the First Order Troopers. Jango unsurprisingly, and Artoo who's been in there for months.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I'll get her when she ends up in the $50 off International Code bargain bin that Luke's in now. (I should've waited to get Luke, or cancelled him like Leia since he's a really disappointing figure).

That's good to hear. I was thinking surely if you have room on your shelf for two Hoth Lukes, two X-Wing Lukes, a Stormtrooper Luke, and a farmboy Luke, you must have space somewhere for the first high-end Leia figure with inarguably the best SW human likeness to date. :lecture

For my part, I have 5 variations of the Stormtroopers so I have no excuse but to happily make room for this princess.

I dont understand it...HT had to re-release Chewie and Han to meet the demand. In a nutshell, They had WAY more blaring inaccuracies than Leia..also Kenobi with silky thin robes and somewhat likeness.

Here we have an amazing key character sculpt and paint apps and people are throwing out the baby with the bathwater?

I dont understand it...HT had to re-release Chewie and Han to meet the demand. In a nutshell, They had WAY more blaring inaccuracies than Leia..also Kenobi with silky thin robes and somewhat likeness.

Here we have an amazing key character sculpt and paint apps and people are throwing out the baby with the bathwater?

I don't think this is actually people cancelling a pre-order, because it's not a good fig. It's people that weren't buying in the first place, just voicing their opinion.

At the end of the day it's a girl doll. Many see them as expendable.

Funny bit is, she's likely to become one of the most costly HT SW figures down the road because of this exact reason -- HT likely made fewer of these and likely won't be encouraged to reissue.

The glass half empty crowd really should seek out a different hobby. There are some people who will simply not allow themselves to enjoy something nice without looking for flaws.

That said, I really wanted an interchangeable "Holiday Special" Leia head with glazed over eyes. Maybe on the 2.0.

Back