1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually with tunic I was referring to the kimono. It's the sleeves that don't hang properly...
Nice pose with the poncho, BTW!

Yes, I understand you now. :lol (and thanks)

I think we are talking about little piece of fabric. It's hard to make it hang over the figure, isn't it?

My "Luke relaxed" pose, this time, taked by my Canon.

Luke_Skywalker_web8.jpg

Wow, loving these new pics, guys. :clap

The "poncho" (tunic) is wired. I think they make it to use like this...

View attachment 240584

"too much wind!!"

By the way... Had you noticed that wired kimono?

View attachment 240585

View attachment 240586

Finally at home. I'm particularly pleased with the lightsaber (that now I can swap with Bespin Luke)...brilliant stuff. And there's a ton of stuff in the box (even if I'll never use the silly hat). My only (minor) complaint would be the tunic...dunno what kind of tissue would have make it hang properly, but the one they used it's just not working.
12642733_10208472635122850_7795640920342954508_n.jpg

Got this figure roughly two hours ago. As mentioned by others, the sculpt looks a lot better in person. I think it looks really good though. I had a difficult time deciding on a pose, as the one I had in mind didn't end up looking as good as I thought it would, so I just settled on this one. For now at least.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Congrats, SS! Looks great!

It's interesting that the sculpt shines so much more brightly in person while only every tenth photo or so manages to be a descent representation. Not surprisingly, Jingobell hit it pretty closely in a few of his:

fefimage.jpg

I know I had do dump several dozen of mine just to get this close:

IMG20160125183052.jpg

Thanks, QGF! :duff

Yeah, it's funny how there are some figures that look so much better in hand and pictures really don't do it justice; maybe 1 out of every 10 photos will capture a descent representation, like you said. Then there are some others that look a lot better in pictures than they do in hand. You'll look at the pictures and think, "Why doesn't it actually look like it does in these pictures?" :lol

The two pictures above are great representations of this Luke figure.

Considering the amazing figures HT has delivered over the last few months, I wasn't expecting this guy to be my favourite. Delighted to have been caught off-guard by this one. :)

9908760988b982dfd712adc51c881f88.jpg

Finally at home. I'm particularly pleased with the lightsaber (that now I can swap with Bespin Luke)...brilliant stuff. And there's a ton of stuff in the box (even if I'll never use the silly hat). My only (minor) complaint would be the tunic...dunno what kind of tissue would have make it hang properly, but the one they used it's just not working.
12642733_10208472635122850_7795640920342954508_n.jpg

I wish the saber was that color in-hand. It's the one nit I have with this fig - the saber brightness is actually decent but the color is pretty dark blue, not the bright whitish-blue like in the pic above, as seen in the movie.

That and his copper-top hair. Not sure why they do hair with a near-metallic finish.

FYI the DX7 hands fit this guy and the paint is near identical. I swapped the right hand since this one doesn't come with a right trigger hand for some reason.

Mine will be here tomorrow. Great pics all. Really excited to receive this one. Leia is my other most anticipated figure. Awesome times.

Back