1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see a huge amount of difference between those two heads, mostly lighting and resolution. Not sure what you mean by "far superior."

Agreed, someone posted the still of Mark H. next to the prod. Luke, (I can't find it now), but looked pretty spot on, I think the eyes are better on prod. piece shown. I hope it is here before Christmas as well. Chewie & Han need some backup!

Just some quick shots, I'll leave the photo session to jason later this week

12208471_1088497851161828_5729888080421817529_n.jpg

12273536_1088497821161831_976847925953722518_o.jpg

Looks good, great pics

Just had a quick look. I can't quite put my finger on it but the sculpt seems better than Stormie Luke. Could just be having a neck and in normal clothing?

Just had a quick look. I can't quite put my finger on it but the sculpt seems better than Stormie Luke. Could just be having a neck and in normal clothing?
I bet a skin tone neck does more for a likeness than we might think.

The sweat ruins the likeness, maybe?
I'm not sure what it does for the "likeness" but that is one "feature" I could have done without.

Here's some quick pics...

IMGP4628_zpsbgudf7aj.jpg

IMGP4609_zpsrhecynid.jpg

IMGP4617_zpsfxwvje8d.jpg

and yes, that's a medicom light up saber.
Interesting to note that the cuffs of the tunic are wired.
Also the sculpt, like Solo's, is spot on from the side profile.

...and yes, that's a medicom light up saber.

I noticed right away that it was at least a ANH version. I'd love to see a comparison shot of the medicom saber with Hot Toys to see the differences in scale and quality. A Sideshow Saber would also be good to see in the group along with whatever other options out there exists. Not that I assume you have all those, but a picture comparing whatever you have would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed right away that it was at least a ANH version. I'd love to see a comparison shot of the medicom saber with Hot Toys to see the differences in scale and quality. A Sideshow Saber would also be good to see in the group along with whatever other options out there exists. Not that I assume you have all those, but a picture comparing whatever you have would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom is Medicom, middle is new release and top is DX07. I don't have a SSC lightsaber.
92775FC7-0579-4889-A769-2C514157473F_zpsuj8ikxin.jpg

3C0DA09B-8307-455F-A411-207E33EFBB3B_zpszvkhljyc.jpg

As you can see, the Medicom is softer in the details and has a duller paint finish. Medi looks much more plasticky.
Hope this helps.
Edited to add: they are all the same size. The difference in the photo is down to perspective.

Back