1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confused have got toys on order via sideshow. Is this not it?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is that the hot toys or plastic enemies version I mean

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible F...

Is that the hot toys or plastic enemies version I mean

Plastic enemies took pictures of the Hot Toys figure that was just released. Probably what you have on order with Sideshow--they should start shipping it about a month from now.

The production sculpt is nice, don't get me wrong, but that proto is far superior. Could be just the masterful paint job by J.C of course.

I don't see a huge amount of difference between those two heads, mostly lighting and resolution. Not sure what you mean by "far superior."

I don't see a huge amount of difference between those two heads, mostly lighting and resolution. Not sure what you mean by "far superior."

I think he means the paintwork. It's very good of course, but there's always a drop in quality between proto and mass production piece with HT figures simply because that proto is painted by JC Hong.

I think he means the paintwork. It's very good of course, but there's always a drop in quality between proto and mass production piece with HT figures simply because that proto is painted by JC Hong.

He needs to become a workaholic and paint every head, and HT can give him a massive raise to keep him happy. And as a result we are all happy. :lol

Proto on the left...version II

image.jpg

How can you tell the difference when it's a different angle and the lighting is not the same?

This isn't the same thing as the Sideshow Pilot Luke proto to production, where it is obvious how different they are.

Imo HT do a really great job at producing a figure based on its prototype. Many are even coming out even better, like the recent Vader release.

Seems to be the similar drop off we saw with the Luke Stormtrooper sculpt. Just a little bit softer. Main thing I notice is some of the lines near the eyes and around the nose/mouth seem to have smoothed out. I'll see if they show up in any of the blogger photos with the same definition as the proto. Either way still a very faithful production piece and pretty remarkable. Looking forward to a preview with the Luketrooper. Ship already!

Personally I think the production looks better. The proto has a very stern look. The production is softer, but that's better as it gives Luke more of an innocent naive look.

imo

Back